Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Julie Mee

Hi Roberto, Have you any news yet when your shop will open? I see the supermarket is looking good !

Julie

R

robertoferrante

Hi Julie,
just waiting to get the final confirmation from Cairo that I can set up my shop. It is ready (just beside the supermamrket),but you know, the final approval comes from Cairo management and, like most of the issues that require stamps and signature in Egypt, it takes loooooong time :)
See you soon.

Roberto

J

Julie Mee

Hi Roberto,

Well at least it is ready !!

I think it will take us all a while to get used to the Egyptian ways, especially when it comes to buisness.

But I'm sure we will all get there in the end !
Have a nice day
Julie

R

robertoferrante

Julie, I've been working here for the last 12 years, but still hard to get used to ;-)
But at the end, there are quite a lot of beautiful things here!
So, we must just be patient for such a different way of living and thinking, that doesn't mean it is wrong, of course...just different.
Take care.
Roberto

D

Deanosparky

Hi everyone, Check out Immoworld website for pics of arena golf apartments and building progress of the resort!

Geir

Geir

handover date

Hi all!

At last some good news from Las Cabanas about compensation:smile:

Ive been in contact with Mr. Gamal Helmy at the after sales management.

We made an agreement to let the A/C be a part off our compensation...:)

So it seems something good is happening at last.... But we still has some more money we should talk about. I think everything will be ok at the time we arrive Las Cabanas.

Regards Geir

D

Deanosparky

Compensation

Hi Geir, and all

Did you pay in full, because i emailed Gamal and he said because I did not pay the final installment on the 31st march 2009 which was our original completion date - I am not entitled to compensation!!! I am extremely pissed off now- because I was told by phone call from Hany Samir not to pay anything untill handover- Is this a lesson to be learned about dishonest Arabs!!

I have written back to him explaining my concerns, and that how can they expect someone to pay in full for something that was completely far from being finished!!

I await your responses!

If this is the case and I am not going to get a penny then let this be a lesson to everyone who is buying on the Oriental Coast!!

Deano

Geir

Geir

handover date

Hi Geir, and all

Did you pay in full, because i emailed Gamal and he said because I did not pay the final installment on the 31st march 2009 which was our original completion date - I am not entitled to compensation!!! I am extremely pissed off now- because I was told by phone call from Hany Samir not to pay anything untill handover- Is this a lesson to be learned about dishonest Arabs!!

I have written back to him explaining my concerns, and that how can they expect someone to pay in full for something that was completely far from being finished!!

I await your responses!

If this is the case and I am not going to get a penny then let this be a lesson to everyone who is buying on the Oriental Coast!!

Deano

Dean ive sent an email to you about this.

But to you all who has contract where it should be finished 31.3.2009, read it carefully. My contract says that I shall NOT pay the LAST payment before the apartment is finished. And it was not finished at that date.

Ive also got an email from Mr. Bassem stating the company agrees to compensation.

And yesterday we signed the contract on the A/C units as a part of our compensation...

Rergards Geir Moen

R

robertoferrante

Delivery and survey

Hi to all.
Next Monday the 14th, we'll be onsite to deliver furniture for a villa and handovering two villas.
If you need anything or somebody of the forum is there, it will be a pleasure to help and/or to meet you there.

See you soon.

Roberto:itsme:

R

robertoferrante

Hand over document

Dear all,
I've just seen the fax-simile of the paper OUD would like us to sign to hand over the properties: to me it is not acceptable, at least, in a few points-
I would suggest that nobody sign it, so we can convince the Company to amend it.

Hope meantime it has not already been signed by somebody who got his/her property yet.
Please let me know, if any.

Roberto :goodnight:

Geir

Geir

handover date

Dear all,
I've just seen the fax-simile of the paper OUD would like us to sign to hand over the properties: to me it is not acceptable, at least, in a few points-
I would suggest that nobody sign it, so we can convince the Company to amend it.

Hope meantime it has not already been signed by somebody who got his/her property yet.
Please let me know, if any.

Roberto :goodnight:
Hi Roberto!

Whats the problem? Please tell us whats not good about it? I havent seen it but I guess I will when I come down.

Geir

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi Roberto, we would like some more info on this hand over paper if possible.

Thanks.....Jon

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi Geir, and all

I await your responses!

Deano
Deano Deano Deano........I posted on this several times and quite some time ago mate...its not dishonest Arabs (they probably read this) it is simply the contract that we all signed.......I am VERY sorry that this has happened to you mate BUT......NEVER go by word of mouth.!! Speak soon......Jon.

D

Deanosparky

compensation

Deano Deano Deano........I posted on this several times and quite some time ago mate...its not dishonest Arabs (they probably read this) it is simply the contract that we all signed.......I am VERY sorry that this has happened to you mate BUT......NEVER go by word of mouth.!! Speak soon......Jon.
Hi all,

I take back some of what I have said.

I have been able to negotiate some compensation. It appears that I delayed in paying 2 installments back in 2008, as i was waiting and thought that they would inform me of the next of payment so they have said as per contract- I owe them money.
However they have agreed to waive this and give me 2 years free maintenance.

I thought it would be best to agree to this and take their offer. I have now paid in full, and have informed them that I will be out in Sept/Oct time for handover.

Lets just put this down to experience, and a learning curve for myself and any other investors/readers.

Deano

R

robertoferrante

compensation and handover

Deano, I'm happy about that and I was quite sure, indeed, they would have solved the issue in a fair way, as they seem to be rightly sensitive about that problem...

Concerning the Hand over paper I'd just suggest to each one to ask in advance to OUD for a copy of "any form and/or document" they will request to sign. In order to have the time to think about that and exchange among us our thoughts.
I would really appreciate to hear about other opinions.

Have a good Sunday.

Roberto :listen:

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi all.......pleased for you Deano mate.....there seems to be an issue with this handover paper....does anyone know what it contains?
Fore warned is Fore armed etc!!

Jon.

J

Julie Mee

Hi All,

Deano I'm glad you have sorted out your compensation problem , it seems a fair compromise to me, especially when your hands are tied.

Roberto what actually seems to be the issue with the handover paper ? I'm coming out on the 1st July but only for a week and would really like to get things tied up in that time.

Regards Julie

D

Deanosparky

Hi All,

Deano I'm glad you have sorted out your compensation problem , it seems a fair compromise to me, especially when your hands are tied.

Roberto what actually seems to be the issue with the handover paper ? I'm coming out on the 1st July but only for a week and would really like to get things tied up in that time.

Regards Julie
Hi Julie,

I have sent them an email asking for a copy of all the documents that we will be expected to sign. I will wait and see what response i get.

I suggest you do the same, especially as you are going out quite soon.

J

Julie Mee

Hi Julie,

I have sent them an email asking for a copy of all the documents that we will be expected to sign. I will wait and see what response i get.

I suggest you do the same, especially as you are going out quite soon.
Hi Dean,
Ive emailed them today asking to see the handover paper before I go out. Will see what happens.

Julie

R

robertoferrante

Hand over papers

As I told before, I'd really prefer anybody ask the Company to show the papers with the due notice.
And exchange each other the opinion on that...
Hope you understand....

Let us know the first who receive anything.

Roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.