Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

King_john

Hello everyone - thanks for all your pictures, input and comments which have helped a lot.

Last month I completed on my family's two bed apartment 2423 (believe its block 12). Everything went pretty smoothly. The apartment looked great at the initial viewing with fantastic sea views from every room. I also wan't actually expecting the dome in the living room at all as it wasn't in my contract or plans (must have been one of the early buyers) and the second Juliet balcony off the bedroom was also a bonus not being in my contract so was very happy with that as well.

On closer inspection the quality of finishing of course isn't as high of course compared to dubai apartments we've bought - with quite a few very minor defects being noted (painting not lined up exactly/ paint quality not high /some concrete crumbling on balcony etc) but compared to our other apartment in sharm el sheikh was more than adequate and you had to look closely to notice that the finishing wasn't 100%. It costs next to nothing in Egypt to get apartments painted so I wasn't worried about that at all and will look at doing that in another three years.

The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the tiny shower area in the corner of the bathroom - you could barely stand in the little square they'd provided - however I am already in negotiations with my furniture supplier to put in a bath there instead so that won't be a concern once that's done. Also the shower pipe outlet was sticking out quite a bit when it should have been flush against the wall - which again should be fixed when the bath is installed.

The kitchen area is small but adequate. There is room for a dish washer and stove with the washing machine able to go in the bathroom.

I took two years maintainance payment free as compensation for late delivery though I had to ask for it and got Tarek from Sharm El Sheikh Real estate to argue my case for me.

Bassem advised me that their company has almost finished all their contracts in Cairo so that means that they will start shifting a lot more of their workers to Oriental coast to speed up and finish the resort and also to start building further along the coast. However it's still going to take at least another 1.5 years before they can look at completing the resort.

Rental agencies aren't arranged yet though I would say only friends and family would want to stay on what is still a building site for the next year or so - so we'll have to hold off renting it out to the public at present.

The one concern I have is security - there isn't any real organised security on the site at present. The danger I am afraid of is that when I have my furniture installed over the next two months that someone will break down the door and take the lot - given that no-one else is living in our floor/building at present no one will notice. I am thinking of delaying putting in furniture I've already organised until the security is beefed up.

The best thing about the resort though is the lagoon and coral reef. It is definitely by far the best coral reef that I have seen in Egypt for seeing hundreds of fish (when you go the other side of the reef on the sea side) - far better than Hurghada/Sharm El Sheikh. I just hope that they install adequate protection soon to stop the hotel guests from ruining the coral. I have heard they are putting a pier out soon but don't know when. The lagoon is also great for swimming and windsurfing and it is very shallow close to the beach which is ideal for small children (we have a 18month old son).

I stayed at the Sentida Oriental hotel which was fabulous. Great sea views from the rooms/pool/restaurant areas, food was delicious and plentiful, lots of bottles of water, drinks supplied without feeling they're holding back. The only thing that could be improved if they provided more entertainment in the evenings - eg music and a singer for adults would have been nice for a couple of hours in the evenings - what they had most nights was an hour of dancing just for the children in the patio outside the restaurant but when that finished there was nothing. They did apparently have movies on the beach in the evening on a large screen but I didn't see this while I was there.

I may be out in December 17-Jan 2nd so might see some of you out there then :)

cheers
John

K

King_john

Hello everyone - thanks for all your pictures, input and comments which have helped a lot.

Last month I completed on my family's two bed apartment 2423 (believe its block 12). Everything went pretty smoothly. The apartment looked great at the initial viewing with fantastic sea views from every room. I also wan't actually expecting the dome in the living room at all as it wasn't in my contract or plans (must have been one of the early buyers) and the second Juliet balcony off the bedroom was also a bonus not being in my contract so was very happy with that as well.

On closer inspection the quality of finishing of course isn't as high of course compared to dubai apartments we've bought - with quite a few very minor defects being noted (painting not lined up exactly/ paint quality not high /some concrete crumbling on balcony etc) but compared to our other apartment in sharm el sheikh was more than adequate and you had to look closely to notice that the finishing wasn't 100%. It costs next to nothing in Egypt to get apartments painted so I wasn't worried about that at all and will look at doing that in another three years.

The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the tiny shower area in the corner of the bathroom - you could barely stand in the little square they'd provided - however I am already in negotiations with my furniture supplier to put in a bath there instead so that won't be a concern once that's done. Also the shower pipe outlet was sticking out quite a bit when it should have been flush against the wall - which again should be fixed when the bath is installed.

The kitchen area is small but adequate. There is room for a dish washer and stove with the washing machine able to go in the bathroom.

I took two years maintainance payment free as compensation for late delivery though I had to ask for it and got Tarek from Sharm El Sheikh Real estate to argue my case for me.

Bassem advised me that their company has almost finished all their contracts in Cairo so that means that they will start shifting a lot more of their workers to Oriental coast to speed up and finish the resort and also to start building further along the coast. However it's still going to take at least another 1.5 years before they can look at completing the resort.

Rental agencies aren't arranged yet though I would say only friends and family would want to stay on what is still a building site for the next year or so - so we'll have to hold off renting it out to the public at present.

The one concern I have is security - there isn't any real organised security on the site at present. The danger I am afraid of is that when I have my furniture installed over the next two months that someone will break down the door and take the lot - given that no-one else is living in our floor/building at present no one will notice. I am thinking of delaying putting in furniture I've already organised until the security is beefed up.

The best thing about the resort though is the lagoon and coral reef. It is definitely by far the best coral reef that I have seen in Egypt for seeing hundreds of fish (when you go the other side of the reef on the sea side) - far better than Hurghada/Sharm El Sheikh. I just hope that they install adequate protection soon to stop the hotel guests from ruining the coral. I have heard they are putting a pier out soon but don't know when. The lagoon is also great for swimming and windsurfing and it is very shallow close to the beach which is ideal for small children (we have a 18month old son).

I stayed at the Sentida Oriental hotel which was fabulous. Great sea views from the rooms/pool/restaurant areas, food was delicious and plentiful, lots of bottles of water, drinks supplied without feeling they're holding back. The only thing that could be improved if they provided more entertainment in the evenings - eg music and a singer for adults would have been nice for a couple of hours in the evenings - what they had most nights was an hour of dancing just for the children in the patio outside the restaurant but when that finished there was nothing. They did apparently have movies on the beach in the evening on a large screen but I didn't see this while I was there.

I may be out in December 17-Jan 2nd so might see some of you out there then :)

cheers
John

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi John, Tina and I are there (2624) from the 16th to the 30 December,,,,,,,look forward to meeting you......

Cheers......Jon.

J

Julie Mee

Hi John, Tina and I are there (2624) from the 16th to the 30 December,,,,,,,look forward to meeting you......

Cheers......Jon.
Hi all !

Ive booked my flights 16th to 30 th Dec. Look forward to getting together with everyone.:dancing:

Julie:dancing:

Geir

Geir

Hi all !

Ive booked my flights 16th to 30 th Dec. Look forward to getting together with everyone.:dancing:

Julie:dancing:
Hi!

We have booked our flight 17th to 31th December.:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Torunn and Geir

J

Julie Mee

Hi!

We have booked our flight 17th to 31th December.:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Torunn and Geir
Great News !! It should be fun time. :santaclaus:

At long last my A/C units were fitted this week, just need shower cubicle ,fan & water heater !!

Julie

Geir

Geir

christmas

Great News !! It should be fun time. :santaclaus:

At long last my A/C units were fitted this week, just need shower cubicle ,fan & water heater !!

Julie

Hi!
Our tickets has been changed. So we comes the 19th and will return the 2nd off january. So we will celebrate new year at las Cabanas;-))))

Happy new year

Geir and Torunn

J

Julie Mee

Hi!
Our tickets has been changed. So we comes the 19th and will return the 2nd off january. So we will celebrate new year at las Cabanas;-))))

Happy new year

Geir and Torunn
Lucky You ! I would have liked to be there for New Year but not possible with Tompson flight as it only goes on a Thurs. Perhaps another year !
Have you had any news on your apartment ? After a long awaited reply I heard today that Im just waiting for shower cubicle. Is Torunn still going out in Sept ?

Julie

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hey Deano, I notice you did not put the shower cubicle on here!!!!!!

C

chriscross34

Deano, its lookin good, glad its all coming together at last!!

Chris

Geir

Geir

Hi Deano!

Great that your apartment is finished. Was looking outside the block. But still no gras? When we was down in june/july we was told they would start with the gras in the end off July .

Geir

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi Geir,

Bassem told us that the outside would be done by November, it looks like this could be true. However, the club house will not be anywhere near done by March 2011. See you in a few weeks!!

Jon. 2624

D

Deanosparky

Hey Deano, I notice you did not put the shower cubicle on here!!!!!!
Nah, didn't bother with that one, but i've got doubts about it's size, when you said it's 680mm.

I guess i'll have to wait and see if i can get my fat arse in the door- do you think there was room for a bigger shower tray or is it quite tight?

I've been in contact with George and he's given me some extra prices for a sofa bed and an extra 32" tv and sat box for the bedroom.

He said he'll take us around same as you and Tina to choose electricals and fabrics.

Hopefully, your furniture will be in and ready to have a good look at, and hopefully there'll be some more landscaping done!

Geir

Geir

Nah, didn't bother with that one, but i've got doubts about it's size, when you said it's 680mm.

I guess i'll have to wait and see if i can get my fat arse in the door- do you think there was room for a bigger shower tray or is it quite tight?

I've been in contact with George and he's given me some extra prices for a sofa bed and an extra 32" tv and sat box for the bedroom.

He said he'll take us around same as you and Tina to choose electricals and fabrics.

Hopefully, your furniture will be in and ready to have a good look at, and hopefully there'll be some more landscaping done!
Hi!

680 or 700 mm is right. You have to remember the window is rather close to the end off the wall. In our bath its 700 mm. In our neighbour bathroom the window was placed to close to the end off the wall so they had to move the window a bit to manage to fit a cabinet there... so a fat arse or not;-)...the size off it give you a good start to get slimmer;-))))

Regards Geir.

jongdawson

jongdawson

Deano.....what date are you out there.....I will ask my friend if he is available and set up a meeting for you. He might be able to pick you up from the airport.....but maybe not....they don't seem to like Egyptians going there!!!!

D

Deanosparky

Hi all,

Jon, That'll be great thanks- we arrive late 12th November, so maybe a couple of days after that would be great. But we are there for 2 weeks, so what ever is best for him really- staying at the Sentido.

Thanks for the offer of a pick up but we got transfers through the package- ( free apparently) as we tried to get them taken off the price of holiday.

I did see one apartment with a shower curtain a long while ago, but I dont like curtains so paid for a cubilcle as I didn't think there would be an issue. I'll have to have a look for myself and then have a few words on -site with Bassem to see if we can resolve the problem.

Does anyone think that a larger shower tray would fit or is the space very tight in the corner, taking in consideration the position of the sink and toilet?

Has anyone else had a shower cubicle installed?

J

Julie Mee

The shower tray is very small, close to window and access hatch in ceiling. A shower curtain would be difficult to fit and bathroom would always be wet. A shower cubicle seems to be the only option. Thats if you can get one Im still waiting from my last visit in July.

D

Deanosparky

check out Immoworlds website-looks like they have the golf residences up for sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.