For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Online Asset Management Limited whose registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website www.propertyforum.com (the “Website“). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material in forums or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information and when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication.
- Details of transactions, contributions and/or forum threads you make on the Website.
- Any information provided by a moderator or other user which relates to you.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on the Website is a violation of the propertycommunity/propertyforum Terms and conditions and should be reported to [email protected].
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you agree not to disclose this password to anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Without any obligation on us to do, to check your compliance with our website terms and conditions.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by email, provided you have given ticked a box on our registration form by way of consent.
If you no longer want to receive such information, please contact us at [email protected] and we will unsubscribe you from these emails.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Your account name is displayed to other users of the site and other users of the site can contact you through messages and comments. Any content that you post on the site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public.
- We allow non – users to browse forum message boards and general user profiles as a guest. Guests have only limited capabilities and cannot post messages on the Website or view email addresses.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Online Asset Management Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. Should there be any inaccuracies in the information of which you inform us, or of which we become aware, it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date or no longer required.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Advertisements which appear on the Website may sometimes be delivered directly to users by third party advertisers. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens. These third party advertisers may also download cookies to your computer we do not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by any third party advertisers. Third party advertisers have no access to your contact information stored on the Website unless you choose to share it with them.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CHANGING OR REMOVING INFORMATION
Access and control over most personal information on the Website is readily available through the profile editing tools. The Website users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their propertycommunity/propertyforum account may do so in the my account page. Removed information may persist in backup copes for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of propertyforum.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on the Website, however (e.g. sending a private message to another the Website user) you generally cannot remove such communication.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.