Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi All, has anyone had a copy of the handover paperwork yet, or are they too shy to send it before we land there????

D

Deanosparky

Hi All, has anyone had a copy of the handover paperwork yet, or are they too shy to send it before we land there????
I've still had nothing myself, but then i'm not going out till sept/oct time.

jongdawson

jongdawson

Give us a bell tomorrow Deano.....have something for you.....Jon.

R

robertoferrante

Hand over document

A couple of days ago I met somebody, here in our El Gouna showroom, who got the units yet and signed the paper for the handover...
It seems that the Units version of that paper is quite different from the Villas one, and does not include anything so strange...but still haven't seen it.
If anybody get a copy, please let us all know.

Regards.

Roberto

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

We have recently been contacted by buyers on this complex reference furniture. We met them in Hurghada and showed a couple of apartments we have furnished, "the best furniture we have seen in Egypt" were their comments.

The only problem is that we normally furnish in Hurghada, El Gouna and Sahl Hasheesh not as far South as Marsa Alam. We have been asked by these buyers if we can deliver, so to make it cheaper on transport we have decided to see if anyone else is looking for furniture so we can make a larger order.

The buyers have asked me to come on and ask and they will be posting themselves once back from their holiday, all details are on our furniture website.

N

nealmansell

Rivermead Global Property - Furniture

Hi to all from the new owners of apt# 2321 (Block 12) at Las Cabanas. We completed handover last week, which seemed to run very smoothly.

Whilst out there, we met up with Neil Hollingsworth of Rivermead Global Property and his colleagues, who took us on a trip to view some apartments in Sahl Hasheesh that they had furnished and installed kitchens etc.

We were very impressed with their professionalism, the quality of their work and furnishings. We subsequently asked if he would be interested in furnishing our apartment in Marsa Alam, to which he replied yes and suggested that if we could raise some more interest from other owners at Marsa Alam, he could keep delivery and instalation costs down, due to the distance between Hurghada and Marsa Alam.

So go and have a look at the Rivermead Global Property site yourselves and see what you think. Unfortunately, as we are new to this and it is the first post we have made, I am unable to post the link, but he has written in this forum before with all the details.

KR
Neal Mansell

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi to all from the new owners of apt# 2321 (Block 12) at Las Cabanas. We completed handover last week, which seemed to run very smoothly.

Whilst out there, we met up with Neil Hollingsworth of Rivermead Global Property and his colleagues, who took us on a trip to view some apartments in Sahl Hasheesh that they had furnished and installed kitchens etc.

We were very impressed with their professionalism, the quality of their work and furnishings. We subsequently asked if he would be interested in furnishing our apartment in Marsa Alam, to which he replied yes and suggested that if we could raise some more interest from other owners at Marsa Alam, he could keep delivery and instalation costs down, due to the distance between Hurghada and Marsa Alam.

So go and have a look at the Rivermead Global Property site yourselves and see what you think. Unfortunately, as we are new to this and it is the first post we have made, I am unable to post the link, but he has written in this forum before with all the details.

KR
Neal Mansell
Hi Neal, thank you for your kind words, Tom says hello.

Just to make sure people don't get confused, although we are Rivermead Global Property our furniture business is Rivermead Global Furniture.

Hello to Ian and I look forward to speaking to you again soon.

M

MrSkipsey

Neal Mansell
Hi Neal,
Did you get many phontos of your apartment? Is it a one bed?
I have a one bed in block 12,.. Apt 2323 so were only a few doors away.

My contract date is for next January so I wont be over untill the last installment of the contract and pay it in cash then.

In the meantime Id be grateful if you could send me any pics that you have taken of the finished apartment so I can see what they look like.

Regards,
Mike.

Last edited:
Geir

Geir

handover date

Hi all,

I take back some of what I have said.

I have been able to negotiate some compensation. It appears that I delayed in paying 2 installments back in 2008, as i was waiting and thought that they would inform me of the next of payment so they have said as per contract- I owe them money.
However they have agreed to waive this and give me 2 years free maintenance.

I thought it would be best to agree to this and take their offer. I have now paid in full, and have informed them that I will be out in Sept/Oct time for handover.

Lets just put this down to experience, and a learning curve for myself and any other investors/readers.

Deano
Hi Deano;-)

At last we have been down at Las Cabanas for the handover;-). Was there for 2 weeks. Just came home.
Our experience is that a handover is not a handover as I think it is. As the OUD said to us and several other owners.
We went to Hurghada by plane and met our firend there who took us to several furniutureshops in Hurghada. We ended up in a shop called Ambience Furniture and they had a lot of nice furniture. We bought sofa and two chears and coffeatable, diningtable with 6 chairs. 2 doblebeds with bases and 2 singlebeds with bases. Both 160x200cm . Singlebeds are 100x200. We went to the Goverment store where we bought freezer, Washing machine, gas stove, vacuumcleaner. We went to a local shop where we bought some ceeling lamps and wall lamps and a floor lamp and other electric components.
Outside Hurghada theres a new mall, called Spinneys. Its great. There we bought all we needed to the kitchen and even some tools and a table and two chairs to the balcony. We payed about 39.000 LE. i guess its about 4000 sterling.
Now we are looking for a kitchen.

But back to the compensation Deano. We had several talks with Mr. Bassem at his office and we got what we asked for. Our compensation cover 4 AC units, also a shower cabinet, a fan and a water heater also.
But there is a few things to remember about this project in Las Cabanas. When the OUD says its ready for handover it should be ready and not as we ended up with.
There has been changes to the main drawing off the blocks. When we was down in feb. 2008 and was told our apartment would have two doms we got really surprised when our apartment ended up with only one dome. And the dome we got was placed in the livingroom and not in one off the bedrooms. We was told that we was going to have two domes. And they was suppose to be in two of the bedrooms. Our kitchen was also different from what we had been told. Two of the bedrooms had the windows placed in different walls than our drawings shows.
So there has been major chances to what our drawing shows. This is chances that we as clients should have been informed about.
When we told Mr. Bassem about this he didnt know about it at all and was taken by surpise when we told him. But there isent much to do about it when its already done.
But none of our AC units was in place. Our sink in the kitchen was missing. In our contract the dome was to be painted but they hadnt done that. Mr. Bassem was suprised that it said so in our contract, so we had to show him. As he said to us - but we dont paint the doms in Egypt. Well that doesnt matter, in our contract it says it is to be painted.
And as our coffeetable stands under it we had to clean it every morning from particles from the concrete was falling down. So it should be painted. We will have it painted in a transparent colour.
The cleaning was terrible. They just had smeared the dust all over the apartment. When we came inside we had our hands covered in white dust. So we had to clean the floors several times but still couldnt make it as clean as we wanted. We also had the workes inside for several days to fix the AC units.
Cleaning in Egypt is not what we in Europe would call cleaning.
So to you who hasnt made the handover. You maybe cant move in at once. You may need to stay at the Sentido hotel for a couple off days or as my neighbour had to, she had to stay the hole week and didnt even manage to move in at all;-((

But I have to say that im happy i at last have my keys to the apartment and we have used our apartment our two first weeks;-))- Lovly to have breakfast on the balcony.
Hopefully everything is in order till next time;-))

Geir

J

Julie Mee

Hi All,
Back from a week in Las Cabanas which was not really long enough. But I have done handover and have my own set of keys.Things have definantly come on alot in the last 12 months, everything is starting to take shape although it is still a building site. Just aswell I was staying at the Sentido as I had no A/C units installed. Just didnt get there quick enough before my neighbours, whose needs were greater than mine but hey what are neighbours for . Joking aside it was great to meet up with Geir & Toruun so good to share our experiences and to know we are all in the same boat.
I was pleased to see the standard of the electrics and the general workmanship. Communication of information is still an issue if you dont ask you dont automatically get told.
Plans for the clubhouse seem very impressive. They seem to have some good ideas. The blocks for the pathways arrived whilst I was there and was told the grass was coming soon which will make a big difference to the overall look. Also met Roberto & his wife Tatiana and saw some of his furniture , nice to put a face to a name at last. Supermarket was up & running and anything you want he will get for you the next day.
I think we will see some big improvements each time we visit now : )

Geir

Geir

back from Las Cabanas

Hi!

Yes we are also back from Las Cabanas as Julie are;-). So great to meet her and have a good laugh;-))).
We took a flight to Hurghada and bought our furnitures there. our Norwegian friend there and her Egyptian driver helped us almost the hole day to shop around Hurghada.
late in the evening we went down to las Cabanas with two pick ups full off furnitures and a taxi also with furnitures.
Think we caught Mr. Bassem by surprise, because when we called him on our way to las Cab, he seemed a bit surpriused that we already was on our way( and with furnitures too) ;-). But we got in and soon had all our furnitures inside our new apartment. Was great.
But we soon realiced that a handover in Europe and a handover in Egypt is two different things! Our apartment wasnt finished. had no AC units and in +34 degrees thats verry HOT.
I guess Mr. Bassem thought we was going to stay on the hotel till all the papers was in order and our last payment was on their account. But since we had several mails from both the OUD and Sharm El Sheikh real estate telling us the apartment was finished we presumed we could just move in. if they wanted us to stay on the hotel a day or two they should have told us.
Anyway, we was in our apartment for 2 weeks and loved it. But we realiced that there had been some major chances to the drawings we had off the block and how they built it. In our apartment there was suppose to be two domes. Both in two off the bedrooms. Insted we got ONE dome and it was in the livingroom!
Our kitchen was also a bit different from our drawings and two off the bedrooms had the windows placed on a different wall than our drawings showed us. Strange i think. Why havent we been told about this? I think its such a huge difference from what we was told it was suppose to be when we was down in feb. 2008.
Also got three different drawings off our apartment and with different sizes to the rooms. Getting smaller for every new drawing. Had to tell Mr. Bassem that i couldnt have more drawings off the apartment because i was affraid it would dissapear ;-)))
About the doms, it seems now every apartment on the second floor has a dome in the livingroom.
When we arrived there was no sink in the kitchen. There was no wather heater in the bathroom.
I guess those off you who has the newest contract has AC's, kitchen, fan in bathroom, shower cabinet and wather heater included. And then have payed more than those off us who has the oldest contracts. Is that right?

Thats why im a bit surrprised that the OUD hasnt gone thrue the contracts and made it possible for us to buy this extras as a add to our contract.

It also surprises me that OUD hasnt bought those AC units for all the apartments and stored it in Las Cab so it would be much easyer to have them in the apartments as we take over our apartments.
In stead they order them, a few apartments a time. And we have to wait for them for several weeks. We ordered our AC's three weeks before we came down. julie Mee, ordered hers five weeks before she came down and had no AC's in her apartment when she left after a week. So dissapointing for her.
It seems they havent read the different contract to see what theres suppose to be in the apartment when we take over. All three apartments who was taken over that week was missing one thing or another to be completed.
We got two AC's the second day and the rest the day before we left. The same with the sink.
So why call it a handover when the apartment isent finished at all?

But we, Julie Mee and Karen Finn and her husband had some good laughs on the way. Hopefully its finished by the time we get down next time:wavey:

Geir

D

Deanosparky

Hi guys!

Sounds like You have had a gr8 time ( Geir and Julie).

Looks like the landscaping is coming on.

It seems there have been a few changes made to your apartments without you knowing- Does this seem to be for the better??

I'm not going over until November time, so hopefully there will be even more to see by then.

Geir- you dont hang about getting in do you !! LOL

Was it easy for you to choose all your furniture?

How was Bassem? Was he very accomodating?

Julie- have you chose any furniture yet?

What are your plans for renting it out? Did anyone discuss this with Bassem?

How was the building of the other blocks going? Do they know when they will finish them?

Did anyone look around the rest of the development and hotels being built?

Julie- did you get a package hol to sentido?

Anyone going to post some pics on here?

Look forward to your feed back!!

Deano

Geir

Geir

handover date

Hi guys!

Sounds like You have had a gr8 time ( Geir and Julie).

Looks like the landscaping is coming on.

It seems there have been a few changes made to your apartments without you knowing- Does this seem to be for the better??

I'm not going over until November time, so hopefully there will be even more to see by then.

Geir- you dont hang about getting in do you !! LOL

Was it easy for you to choose all your furniture?

How was Bassem? Was he very accomodating?

Julie- have you chose any furniture yet?

What are your plans for renting it out? Did anyone discuss this with Bassem?

How was the building of the other blocks going? Do they know when they will finish them?

Did anyone look around the rest of the development and hotels being built?

Julie- did you get a package hol to sentido?

Anyone going to post some pics on here?

Look forward to your feed back!!

Deano
Hi Deano!

Yes we did have a hurry to move in;-). Well at least we thought so. According to our contract we had to look at the apartment within a month after it was finished, so we just had to do something.
Getting the furniture took us nine hours driving around in Hurghada. But thanks to our norwegian friend and her driver we went to those shops that she thought had good furnitures.

Yes there was major changes to our drawings. Was a bot dissapointing to just have one dome, but what can you do about that? Our nice neighbour got ours;-). And to place it in the livingroom was good.
We had this marble bar selution in front of our kitchen on our drawings but this was changed to two small walls on each sode off the kitchen. That was not so good. Mr. Bassem would change it and knock down those walls but with all the dirt this would make we said no.

We thought Mr. Bassem tryed to sort out our questions about the apartment as good as he could, but the problem is that he took over nine months ago and everything was in a mess.

But they should had read the contracts before they tell us our apartment was finished. But we got most off our demands sorted out during our 14 days there.

The clubhouse will also deal with renting out apartments. OUD has been in contact with companys that do this. So we just has to wait till the clubhouse is up and running. I guess during the next year much will be in place. But all takes time in Egypt;-).

On my Facebook you can see some photos from Las Cab.
Mr. Bassem told us they would spped up the process making the blocks finished. When we was there they was building three block. Block 11, 10 and 9. Block 9 and 10 had the floor on second floor finished.

Mr. Bassem said 1 1/2 year till all the block was finished. The engineer we talked to said a year longer. I also would guess it would take 2 1/2 year. But then everything is finished. Roads, palms, gras, lightning, fence against the desert and so on. It will be great when its finished.

the rest off the Oriental Coast project goes ahead. They now are building three other hotels and two off those hotels Mr. Bassem thought would be finished in 2011. They also has buildt some block at one off the hotels so it will be interesting to see what they looks like and the price off it;-)

By November there will be big changes Deano around the blocks. njoy it when you come down. The gras will come end off this month. They even planted some palms around block 12 and 13 as we was there. Not bad.

Regards Geir Moen

J

Julie Mee

Hi Deano,
Thomas Cook are not flying direct to Marsa this year the only package they do is a flight to Hurghada, the guests that did it said it was a long haul and have complained. The Thomas cook rep told me they were trying to get flights back again for next year !! So I booked seperate flight with Thomson to Marsa and hotel through Hotels 4 U.
The site has moved forward alot since Bassem has arrived and I think we will see a steady pace forward from now. The plans for the Club house are very impressive. When I asked Bassem about a key holder service he said that they hoped to set up another branch to the company that will deal with all of this called " Oriental Coast Services" You will be charged for just the services you need such as a clean before you go down, laundry and anything else you require. They seem to have thought about most things but like everything it takes time to put in place. Most people seem to want to use the apartments for themselves or family and friends.
Regarding furniture, Its a little bit different when your a single english lady in Egypt, Im not having a complete package but the essentials like a kitchen & appliances, sofa bed, bed & wardrobe. All lighting and curtains as these need fitting. Im in the process of sorting this out with Roberto. Hopefully I can then enjoy shopping & haggling for the smaller items at my leisure. The problem with Marsa at the moment is that its very remote so eveything you want has to be transported.Because the project is so new they see us as Tourists & not potential residents. As you probably know there are different prices for Tourists & Egyptians.
Overall Im happy with everything so far . It was never going to be plain sailing when you are so far away .

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi all, who is going to las cabs for xmas this year?? We are.......16th to 30th Dec from Manchester......Jon.

D

Deanosparky

HI Guys,

We will be out at the Sentido for 2 weeks from the 12th November. Anyone else going to be out there when we are?

Status
Not open for further replies.