Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSkipsey

Im glad its all going well for those that have completed and Im sure that the few deadline setbacks in regards to the clubhouse and grass finishings will be sorted out.
Ive been of the forum for a while as a regular poster regarding LC but Ive had to rethink about continuing with my purchase of 2323 [Any of my neighbours completed yet?].
Having paid almost half of the monies by summer 2010 and with my contract hand over at the end of Jan 2011 I found myself out of work and having to look after my UK financies first.
I always kept Gamal up to date and tried as much as I could to make some type of payments with OUD's permission to which they agreed.
After 4 months things were pretty tough at Christmas and I decided that my best option was to cancel the purchase and have any monies repaid minus the 20% admin fee. OUD agrred and this was set in motion.

However, the day after OUD emailed the termination of contract form I was offered work that financially gave me a lifeline as it paid enough to hopefully start repaying what was owed at LC aswell as keeping up with my UK commitments.
Ive spoken to Gamal and the other members of OUD via email and they are happy to let me continue with the purchase and re arrange the remaining payment terms.
However I will still have to pay the 20% adminitrative fee.

So, I either back out and loose 20% or continue and pay an extra 20%. Either way its 20% extra not in my pocket. Im still going ahead with it at the moment, just waiting on their payment terms for the extended period. to see if its financially possible.

I just want to know if those that have completed have any regrets? How many have completed and what block and apartment your in and Same question to those who have yet to complete?
Maybe a complete list of whose where so we all know our potential neighbours?

Ill start.
Michael. Block 12 Apt 2323 [if payment extention allowed]

Last edited:
L

Lysos

Michael,

You need to crunch the numbers. If you walk away you lose 20% - a chunk of money. However, if you continue, you will have paid 120% of the asking price. Is the propery actually worth that ?. What are resales achieving, not just in this development but others ?.

Looking at other markets, such as Bulgaria, Dubai, Morocco, Spain etc. sellers are taking hits of over 50% to sell. If you really want to own something in an area where there seems to be an over abundance of new build (and abandoned) projects you might consider taking the hit & buying a resale in a completed & operational development.

Geir

Geir

hand over

Im glad its all going well for those that have completed and Im sure that the few deadline setbacks in regards to the clubhouse and grass finishings will be sorted out.
Ive been of the forum for a while as a regular poster regarding LC but Ive had to rethink about continuing with my purchase of 2323 [Any of my neighbours completed yet?].
Having paid almost half of the monies by summer 2010 and with my contract hand over at the end of Jan 2011 I found myself out of work and having to look after my UK financies first.
I always kept Gamal up to date and tried as much as I could to make some type of payments with OUD's permission to which they agreed.
After 4 months things were pretty tough at Christmas and I decided that my best option was to cancel the purchase and have any monies repaid minus the 20% admin fee. OUD agrred and this was set in motion.

However, the day after OUD emailed the termination of contract form I was offered work that financially gave me a lifeline as it paid enough to hopefully start repaying what was owed at LC aswell as keeping up with my UK commitments.
Ive spoken to Gamal and the other members of OUD via email and they are happy to let me continue with the purchase and re arrange the remaining payment terms.
However I will still have to pay the 20% adminitrative fee.

So, I either back out and loose 20% or continue and pay an extra 20%. Either way its 20% extra not in my pocket. Im still going ahead with it at the moment, just waiting on their payment terms for the extended period. to see if its financially possible.

I just want to know if those that have completed have any regrets? How many have completed and what block and apartment your in and Same question to those who have yet to complete?
Maybe a complete list of whose where so we all know our potential neighbours?

Ill start.
Michael. Block 12 Apt 2323 [if payment extention allowed]

Hi!
All I can say is that in block 13 theres 5 who has made the handover(dec.2010). I will say that all in all I am satisfied with the apartment. Our complains goes to the progress off the area outside and all those different messages we got from the people in OUD in Las Cab.
We also had problems regarding the tropic rainshower we got while we was there and with water in our apartments. This is for those off us who has domes. We also complained about no drains on our balconys.
This issue was discussed just three days before the rain came. I would say that the OUD was "taken with their pants down", regarding the rain.
The fixed it, but the finishing is not good regarding the estetic part off it.

About selling or not, all I can say is that this area has to be seen in 10 years progress. Thats the estimate off when its to be finished. Then we got 10 hotels, golf, a big marina, hospital and much more. Las Cab. is to be finished in about 2 years. And Im sure it will be great when it is finished.
The prices has incressed with about 38 % for those off us who bought in the first fase.
Immo World is a company who are into golfareas has been out and asking people if they would sell or let them rent out their apartments. So if you want to sell, maybe you should contact them?

Even if we has some complains I will not sell. All we can do is to keep the preasure up regarding the progress off the area outside the blocks and keep "pushing" them to speed up the work.
We even got up on the roof off block 13 and discovered a lot off garbage from the work and half finished works also. We took photos off it and showed the management at OUD both here in Las Cab. and sent it to the OUD in Cairo.
I think its important that the OUD knows we are keeping an eye on their work and progress.

Regards Geir.

J

Julie Mee

Hi Michael, I wondered what had happened to you ! Ive just come back from my apartment 2523 block 13. This is my second visit there. I wouldnt sell, I'm very thankful that our site has progressed and we may have some teething problems but you can get that on any new build in Egypt or UK. If there is any concerns they are very quick to put things right and they are learning by their mistakes. All Blocks will automatically have drainage put in during the build. Future areas will be sold and completed block by block so that they can progress along the site. The problem this time is that they have many different completion dates in one block. Not good for them or us as its not cost effective and we have to live in a building site. Mr Mohammed says this will change in future builds. I think it will be an exciting project to watch how it develops over the years. Lets be realistic what can you buy for your money in the UK ?
Julie Mee 2523

D

Deanosparky

furniture

Hi all just had my apartment furnished by George, all furniture bespoke and chosen by us. I gave George a copy of the style of furniture and it was all copied to a great standard. I'm very happy with how good a copy from the pics I gave him.

We chose our appliances when we were out there in November, and everything was transported and fitted. george has then photographed everything and sent the pics to me.

Would definatley recommend.

Attachments

Last edited:
C

chriscross34

Deano,your appt looks great fella, well done all u need now is some coloured glass or something, maybe arabesque oil lamps for show, looks very comfortable. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.