Hania Beach, Central Hurghada, Egypt - Due for completion Summer '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSkipsey

Ive lost all interest in Hania Beach now. All I see is a wasted £2k.
If things do not pick up soon and start moving in my favor then Ill cut my losses, put the £2k down to experience and take the rest of the money up the pub and never invest anywhere ever again and stay in my council flat!:mad:

R

redangel7861

Hi Red I am not the only one that has used Zeiads services on this forum. There are plenty and he still comes highly recommended. The person who recommended him to me is now a member here as well.
Alison.

I respect that, but I for a fact know that information has been sent to Zeiad for him to complete the DD.

I had a two hour meeting with Mustafa yesterday and have been in constant contact with IPP Ltd regarding this matter, mainly becuase I was going to use his services myself.

My research has thrown up some interesting facts which convinced me to use the services of AS.

Now people are free to use what ever lawyer they wish to use it's their money. But if your spending many tens of thousands of pounds I know which lawyer I'd be employing.

S

surf123

Anyone thinking of doing a site visit?

Me and a few of my friends are looking to visit the site in the next few weeks.

Rgds
RED
We actually went to the site a couple of weeks ago before we finally agreed to buy Hania. if there is anything you would like to know please ask . I will help if I can.

M

MrSkipsey

Apointment with Anthony Seddon at 1pm tomorrow. Shall let you all know the outcome.
Im smiling again!:D

R

redangel7861

See http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/8069-has-anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm-8.html as regards to well known UK Developers and Agents. This practise is happening and Sharm is way advanced with reagrds to development in Egypt. So check out your agents and developers in the UK.

Thanks Alison, interesting read. It does remind everyone to be very cautious when investing overseas and not take everything at face value. It's always good to do as much reserach as you can independant of the what the agents, lawyers and developers say in an attempt to mitigate all risks.

But at the end of the day all off plan investments in any country (even in the UK) have an element of risk attached. That's why the returns are good when it does all go well.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Totally agree Red. Hopefully we will all reap the benefits but only time will tell.

S

sharkboy

Ive sent my contracts to Zeaid and im due to pay 11/06/08 or 21 working days being 19/06/08. Whos recommending AP? and why? Are they independant? Is anybody staying with Zeaid? Im just looking for some answers? Reasoning... I appreciate every point above but has anybody exchanged contracts yet with either company?

R

redangel7861

Totally agree Red. Hopefully we will all reap the benefits but only time will tell.
Fingers Crossed Alison. We are all taking a risk here by investing overseas, that's why forums like these are so valuable i.e. it allows buyers to share the experience (good and bad) and information independant of the agents and developers influence (we hope).

Hopefully as the Egyptian property market matures these risks will decrease.

S

samui13

Hi redangel, do you care to elaborate on your research

"
My research has thrown up some interesting facts which convinced me to use the services of AS.

Now people are free to use what ever lawyer they wish to use it's their money. But if your spending many tens of thousands of pounds I know which lawyer I'd be employing."

I am using zeiad for the purchase of marsa alam beach resort but now you got me worried. I was a bit unimpressed with anthony seddons in that when I got a quote they charge every individual for the due diligence (even tho they only perform it once). I felt that slightly unfair.

I know you may not wish to, but it would be good if others could be aware of your research. I have tried researching Zeiad and cant come up with anything bad at all to date. I only want him to check over my contract and review the due diligence (which I believe was drawn up by Seddons for the developer anyway). I didnt want to use seddons since they were the solicitor for the developer and i felt it would be conflict of interest.

Thanks in advance.

Lou

R

redangel7861

Hi redangel, do you care to elaborate on your research

"

Now people are free to use what ever lawyer they wish to use it's their money. But if your spending many tens of thousands of pounds I know which lawyer I'd be employing."

I am using zeiad for the purchase of marsa alam beach resort but now you got me worried. I was a bit unimpressed with anthony seddons in that when I got a quote they charge every individual for the due diligence (even tho they only perform it once). I felt that slightly unfair.

I know you may not wish to, but it would be good if others could be aware of your research. I have tried researching Zeiad and cant come up with anything bad at all to date. I only want him to check over my contract and review the due diligence (which I believe was drawn up by Seddons for the developer anyway). I didnt want to use seddons since they were the solicitor for the developer and i felt it would be conflict of interest.

Thanks in advance.

Lou
I have no doubts at all regarding Zeiad's competance as a lawyer. From reading his thread and the opinons of others he seems a very good lawyer and comes highly recommended.

My research is based on information specific to the Hania Development and nothing to do with Zeaid as a lawyer. My concern was the communication issue with Zeaid and the time taken to do the DD and nothing more, a problem I could not afford to have in the purchase of Hania. With a UK based Lawyer the communication would be easier.

I also trust the DD carried out by AS as they have spent many weeks at their own cost doing their own research and not based their findings on third party sources (as other lawyers are attempting to do).

It is also common parctice in the UK for lawyers to charge a fixed fee to each client for the DD and contract checks, that's how they make their money.

I hope that clears up this issue

Last edited:
S

samui13

Thanks redangel I do appreciate your honesty and for clarifying the issue

cheers and good luck

lou

T

tima

Hi, sorry probably being really stupid here but has anyone who has received the documentation form Anthony Seddon got the resort name as being Hanya Beach on all the documents instead of Hania ??

R

redangel7861

Hi, sorry probably being really stupid here but has anyone who has received the documentation form Anthony Seddon got the resort name as being Hanya Beach on all the documents instead of Hania ??
Yep,. another admin error:rolleyes:

Just change it with a pen - that's what I was told to do:D

T

tima

Guys.

What are you opinions regarding investing in this area. I have invested in Morocco where I have purchased 2 Bed penthouses in Saidia and Marrakech. I am now looking to diversify into Eqypt. This location and project seem ideal in terms of investment. What are your opinions??

Comments welcome

Hi RedAngel.. where in Saidia.. we have invested in the Greens....

R

redangel7861

Good to see we are up and running again.

Looking to fly out first week of July now. Hopefully will take lot's of PICs and post them on the Hania PIC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.