Hania Beach, Central Hurghada, Egypt - Due for completion Summer '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSkipsey

I received all my money back including the £2000 deposit. Ive yet to chase the solicitors for the £1000 but I have had a few rather shoddy months!

Has anyone ahd their money back from the solictor yet?

R

redangel7861

I received all my money back including the £2000 deposit. Ive yet to chase the solicitors for the £1000 but I have had a few rather shoddy months!

Has anyone ahd their money back from the solictor yet?
People who reserved via EI have got their £2,000 deposits back. Also managed to get most of the legal costs back.

People who reserved via IPP Ltd (like me) have not received our deposits back. The development never took off. Companies like IPP Ltd should not be allowed to operate. They misrepresented their role in this development from the start. Even the Hania website has now gone.

They have my and many other peoples deposits, and refuse to refund the amounts,even though the develiopment never took off.

I have reported them to the various authorities and will continue until I get the monie back. I will persue the directors if need be, they will not be able to hide behind the LTD liability of the company!!!

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
People who reserved via EI have got their £2,000 deposits back. Also managed to get most of the legal costs back.

People who reserved via IPP Ltd (like me) have not received our deposits back. The development never took off. Companies like IPP Ltd should not be allowed to operate. They misrepresented their role in this development from the start. Even the Hania website has now gone.

They have my and many other peoples deposits, and refuse to refund the amounts,even though the develiopment never took off.

I have reported them to the various authorities and will continue until I get the monie back. I will persue the directors if need be, they will not be able to hide behind the LTD liability of the company!!!
I support your point of view and you should never let them rum with your money
and i was on my back from gouna today ans its still as it is

R

rossantony

pursue IPP!

At EI we pulled out of marketing Hania Beach. When I was first employed by EI as regional manager for Egypt in 2008, I ordered our lawyer to redo due diligence on all all of our Egyptian projects.

It became evident at that stage that Hania beach had run into trouble. As such our companies managing director was advised to cease marketing Hania Beach and to return all of our clients deposits.

Hania Beach will not be built. I advise everybody who has paid money to IPP to continue to try and get there money back.

Please always remember by using an honourable UK based agency you are offered protection against developers who run into trouble abroad.

regards

L

Lsab

I doubt we'll ever see our money again. I've more or less accepted that but it still rankles.

M

MrSkipsey

Would watchdog not be an option? I know it sounds laughable but they do seem to get results if they take up your case.
I think its more of the fact that the company involved are worried about the negative publicity that makes them succumb to WD.

You have my deepest sympathy in this matter. I spent ages trying to get my deposit back from EI. Yet, today, I receive an email informing me of a completed build in Hurghada from them if Im interested.

Once bitten..........

Dont stop trying....Last result I would think would be a smack in the mouth of IPP's MD!

Mike.

M

MrSkipsey

All those with Anthony Seddon solicitors,.......

If you used the services of Anthony Seddon for the purchase of Hania Beach and have or have not been refunded by them could you please let me know?

Ive sent a letter asking for a % of my £1000 legal fees returned as the purchase was not completed and they are being very difficult in complying.

Just want to know out of those who use AS how much if any of the £1000 legal fees did you manage to get back?

Mike.

L

Lsab

Hi Mike

Yes I went with Seddons and yes I got a refund but can't remember how much (not a lot I think). I'll have a look through my paperwork and PM you (might take a day or two).

M

MrSkipsey

Hi Mike

Yes I went with Seddons and yes I got a refund but can't remember how much (not a lot I think). I'll have a look through my paperwork and PM you (might take a day or two).
Thanks. Could you let me know how far they went with your purchase too if thats Ok? All they did for me was the due dilligence which, was already completed.

Didnt even exchange contracts.

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi powell - suggest you read through all the thread as investors had pulled out

R

redangel7861

Did anyone get their money back off these cowboys???

Not only did they run-away with my deposit of £2000 but other peoples as well.

Dissapeared off the face off the earth!!!

Hania beach never took-off. The hounrable thing would have been to refund the deposits, but these guys don't know the meaning of the word!!!!

Thank god me and and others placed our 40% in a UK based Lawyers account. We managed to get those funds back.

If we had deposited it with IPP LTD (based in Brimingham),they would have run-off with that as well.

You live and learn.

R

rossantony

being sold again

hania beach resort is now being marketed by a russian master agent.

my worry is that this is another master agent being duped by the egyptian owner.

when I called them (the russians) they seemed totally unaware of the project being marketed to the UK before by IPP.

No work going on and I have a massive feeling of deja vu, and my concern is with the russian buyers.

It seems like the Egyptian owner is the mastermind behind the fact that Hania beach is not getting built.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.