Hania Beach, Central Hurghada, Egypt - Due for completion Summer '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeremy Sturgess

I no longer post on the main forum, too many sharks about. I now post on the private forum.

Happy with AS's DD, no doubts at all. Very Happy with Hania, and everyone I am aware of is proceeding with their purchase.

The less said about Zeaid the better.

Also happy with the mortgage.

I have no further comment to make on Hania on the public forum.

Im glad its all worked out. Good luck with your purchase.

M

MrSkipsey

I think the only things that will be posted here could be progress pics and reports.
Everything else is being kept between investors at Hania on the private forum due to recent events which is a shame really.

S

samui13

One thing I do not understand is how come things cannot be printed on the forum. surely its a forum and should be freedom of speech. What is the point in having a forum in order to help others not make the same mistakes as any of us and give advice if we are only allowed to write good stuff and hide anything in a private forum which may be of interest to others.

Take regency beach - on here noone is allowed to post for legal reasons, however on doing one quick search I found another forum talking about itand the emails over the weekend and openly posting the link for everyone to read. I feel it is important that all the facts should be upfront and people should be allowed to post what they feel. otherwise the whole forum is a waste of time - take the thread trusted developers etc, if you cannot put the ones of there that you have had a bad experience with, how is the forum accurate? If we are all just writing the good stuff then we are not aware of any of the pitfuls.

Sorry just my opinion (if I am entitled to that!!!:):):):))

I have appreciated all the really helpful comments but then if I am just hearing the good then I am gonna be pleased and am not getting the bigger picture on buying abroad.

What do others think?

L

Lsab

With regard to Hania, we're still posting on this thread too but with all that happened we don't want to damage reputations and start up unnecessary arguement.
With regard to the other thing, I think most people are aware of it but Bob is definately more careful, and I'd say more professional, than some of the other forum administrators. Without proof it would be irresponsible surely to post 'information' that could damage the company - which a forum like this
could do.
The recommended agents/developers etc thread is something else again :) I agree with you and if anyone has first hand knowledge of a bad experience as well as a good, they should let us all know.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Forum Protocol

One thing I do not understand is how come things cannot be printed on the forum. surely its a forum and should be freedom of speech. What is the point in having a forum in order to help others not make the same mistakes as any of us and give advice if we are only allowed to write good stuff and hide anything in a private forum which may be of interest to others.

Take regency beach - on here noone is allowed to post for legal reasons, however on doing one quick search I found another forum talking about itand the emails over the weekend and openly posting the link for everyone to read. I feel it is important that all the facts should be upfront and people should be allowed to post what they feel. otherwise the whole forum is a waste of time - take the thread trusted developers etc, if you cannot put the ones of there that you have had a bad experience with, how is the forum accurate? If we are all just writing the good stuff then we are not aware of any of the pitfuls.

Sorry just my opinion (if I am entitled to that!!!:):):):))

I have appreciated all the really helpful comments but then if I am just hearing the good then I am gonna be pleased and am not getting the bigger picture on buying abroad.

What do others think?

Samui I agree with your comments 100%; sometimes there may be issues raised which can be of vital interest to forum members and suppressing them surely cannot be in everyone's best interests.

We do however, live in an increasingly litigious society and the forum Administrators must protect themselves from legal action.

I think that if someone raises doubts, however small, it is incumbent on each of us to begin our own investigations. After all, the information is there somewhere, we just have to dig deep enough.

L

Lsab

Hi Peter, I should copy and paste those words where necessary, because you've explained far better than I've managed so far!!!

S

sharkboy

invitation or subscription?

so is it an invitation thread or subscription i need to purchase?

L

Lsab

Just an invitation! It's for members that are buying property on Hania Beach. Did the link take you to the wrong place? It should take you to an introductions thread and that's all you need to do. Say which unit you're buying and give your name basically.

S

sharkboy

It took me to a page explaining why i might not have access or that i may need to be a higher user through subscription.
I am a buyer or trying to be, AS have my contracts and cheques. Just been running around doing my money laundering verifications today. The days of a highly vetted policeman signing off documentation seems to have vanished!

Roger

Roger

It took me to a page explaining why i might not have access or that i may need to be a higher user through subscription.
I am a buyer or trying to be, AS have my contracts and cheques. Just been running around doing my money laundering verifications today. The days of a highly vetted policeman signing off documentation seems to have vanished!
Hi Sharkboy,

I think the problem may be that the introduction thread was moved to the private forum, therefor you need to be a member to post to it. Maybe we need two threads, one in the public forum for initial introductions and one for the private forum for the more personal ones. Perhaps one of the mods could mention this to Bob?

If you PM Bob with your name and apartment number he can register you once he has checked you out.

S

SuziQ2708

Hi Chico, and welcome.

I was originally number 23 and 24 on the list for two 1 bed apartments, but taking into account the recent economic turmoil (and working in the Investment Banking industry, it really looks bad) decided to be prudent and opted for only one, 1 bed at number 23. As I am now only purchasing the 1 x 1 bed I'm hoping to purchase the largest one bed's available on the development. I believe that is approximately 60m2, not a bad size for a one bed. In my opinion you just can't go wrong with a beach front apartment.

Hopefully the Gulf state realestate should outperform Europe and the US, taking into account that the Gulf states are oil rich (oil prices at record levels) hence cash rich. This should result in areas like Dubai, Kuwait investing heavily in areas like Egypt and Morocco where realestae prices are still very cheap when compared to the the region and the rest of the world.

As long as you have a long term investment strategy, there is good money to be made in Hurghada.

Regards
REDS

I'm at work going through some of the older threads and have enjoyed reading through this one LOL Just wondered Red, you claimed you had reserved 4 apartments earlier in the thread, suddenly it's reduced to 2 and now only 1 :confused:

R

redangel7861

I'm at work going through some of the older threads and have enjoyed reading through this one LOL Just wondered Red, you claimed you had reserved 4 apartments earlier in the thread, suddenly it's reduced to 2 and now only 1 :confused:

Hi Suzi.

This was pre-release, so very little info was available at the time. When actually released the development had dropped from 230 apartments to 170 so there were less apartments but bigger apartments. Hence the apartments were more expensive but larger, so as a result I reserved one large one bed unit instead of 4 studios.

Hope you are satisfied with my response:D

p.s what kind of work are you in, taking into account you posted at 2 am in the morning.:)

Last edited:
S

SuziQ2708

Hi Suzi.

This was pre-release, so very little info was available at the time. When actually released the development had dropped from 230 apartments to 170 so there were less apartments but bigger apartments. Hence the apartments were more expensive but larger, so as a result I reserved one large one bed unit instead of 4 studios.

Hope you are satisfied with my response:D

p.s what kind of work are you in, taking into account you posted at 2 am in the morning.:)
Hi Red,

I've really enjoyed reading this thread I have to say, been reading it for two nights now at work and still not got to the end! Will pick up again tonight no doubt, it's like reading a good book LOL

I work on a hospital switchboard, permanent night shift 7 on 7 off, the 7 on is tough at times but I love the 7 off :D

Well I've had my morning cuppa and now I'm off to my bed, nite nite x

S

SuziQ2708

The End

Well, what can I say? Other than this thread should definately be edited in places and made in to a book. It's taken me 3 nights at work to get through all the posts and I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it :D

S

SuziQ2708

...and did it have a happy ending in your opinion? :D
Yes, I would say this is a happy ending :) At the beginning, there was quite a lot of .... shall we say 'nit picking' LOL .... going on, which did make me laugh at times ... I'm so pleased that everyone ended up happy and look forward to reading/seeing the end result. A photo of you all having a drink on the roof bar would be an excellent close ;)

Will have to find another old thread to start reading tonight :cool:

C

chriscross34

hmmm i have read some of the postings, it reminded me of being back at school or banter between teenagers...lol

just think Suzi, maybe the BBC could make a soap or documentary about it. 'Return to Hania Beach'

L

Lsab

A lot of the threads might seem to get that way but only because feelings run high when hard earned cash is on the line.

This thread is certainly not the first and I doubt it'll be the last. We're all offerring differring opinions and experiences after all.

Roger

Roger

A lot of the threads might seem to get that way but only because feelings run high when hard earned cash is on the line.

This thread is certainly not the first and I doubt it'll be the last. We're all offerring differring opinions and experiences after all.
No. You're wrong. And I should know because I'm always right.

Are you an agent or something?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.