Hania Beach, Central Hurghada, Egypt - Due for completion Summer '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - wont you still then have to appoint another lawyer in Egypt to act on your behalf in the Courts in Cairo for registration etc?? I thought only an Egyptian lawyer could do this - obtain POA etc. Could be wrong though??? Just thinking then you have have the extra expense on top as well.
When Zeiad is online ask him for his contact tel number if there is no answer from the one I gave because he could have changed it when he changed his email addies.

M

MrSkipsey

From what Ive been told is you do need a local lawyer to handle your affairs. The Uk based lawyer is only the middle man and will appoint an egptian lawyer on your behalf.
Possibly the same same lawyer who performed the DD for the company in the first instance.

Later on today Im going to compose and email to Suart at EI and IPP letting them know the situation.
If the DD was 2 weeks late being sent to our selected lawyer by IPP (Zaied) then surely IPP can or should extend the deadline date by those weeks lost so we can make sure everything is correct and in order?

Im not sure sure how to compose it without swearing!:eek:

queenie40something

queenie40something

Lol just make sure you dont do it after you have been to the pub!!

R

redangel7861

Dear all.

I have just got back from a two hour meeting with Mustafa El-Ziftawy a UK based Egyptian Lawyer working for Anthony Seddon. It was a very informative and eye opening meeting. Based on this meeting I have decided to use the services of Anthony Seddon and express very, very, very very strongly that you do the same for your protection in the process of purchasing on Hania Beach.

Please note that this has nothing to do with competance of Zeaid as a lawyer, I believe he is a great lawyer, but you can't beat the protection offered by a UK based lawyer who is goverened by UK legislation. If you are spending many of thousands of pounds buying a property abroad, it's wise to pay that little extra for a UK based lawyer who offers you greater protection.

Again, these are my opinions only.

Regards
RED

p.s. to confirm that there legal charges are £1000 for due diligence and contract checks and £500 for registration of contract with Egyptian courts.

Last edited:
L

Lsab

He might charge differently for Hania Beach, but Mr Morris is charging £800 now and £200 for completion costs.

R

redangel7861

He might charge differently for Hania Beach, but Mr Morris is charging £800 now and £200 for completion costs.
Hi Linda.

I have spoken to Mr Morris, his charges are a lot higher than that.

M

MrSkipsey

but you can't beat the protection offered by a UK based lawyer who is goverened by UK legislation.
p.s. to confirm that there legal charges are £1000 for due diligence and contract checks and £500 for registration of contract with Egyptian courts.
I was under the impression that when purchasing in Egypt you needed an Egyptian based lawyer?

AFAIK - That £1000 due dilligance and contract check is fine but the £500 is what they will give the Egyptian lawyer that they appoint so he can register your purchase.

The £550 that Zaied is charging clients is to cover all of that. You never know Red, Anthony Seddon may even use Zaied himself to register your purchase with the Egyptian courts. Therefore the end result is the same but has cost an extra £950 for the privaledge!:eek:

I have just sent an email to IPP and Stuart at E-I and CC'd myself and Zaied about the due dilligence,.......Here is the content........

With regards to apartment 309 Hania Beach that I have reserved and am in the process of purchasing.

My appointed lawyer, Zaied Ahmed Yehia, has been unable to obtain a copy of the due dilligance for the above development.
He had informed me via email on Monday 2nd June 2008 that IPP would be forwarding all information to him on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 which I have yet to be confirmed.

Due to the delay in myself recieving the contract for apartment 309 Hania Beach (15/05/2008) and my lawyer recieving the above documents I am asking for an extension (if needed) on the original deadline date which is 21 working days from 12/05/2008 making it 12/06/2008. (This has been worked out taking into consideration of weekends and the subsiquent May bank holiday).

As soon as my lawyer, has confirmed the due dilligance is correct and legal I shall forward the three (3) contracts, signed and a cheque for the monies.

Im sure you can understand the importance for myself and my appointed lawyer to make sure all documents are legal and correct before I proceed with sending the remaining payments.

I look forward to your response.
Kind regards,

Mr Skipsey.

Ill let you know what the replies are!

Kathy from IPP responded immediately,....

Dear Mr. Skipsey

Thank you for updating me.
I would point out that IPP has provided him with everything that he has requested of us. I will make the directors aware of his claims.

Kind regards

Kathy Fryer-Ford

To which I have replied,....

Thanks for your quick reply kathy.

As I said Ive been unable to contact him since Monday due to work commitments. Im sure the due dilligence is fine but would like to hold back on sending the cheque and contract to yourself untill I hear from him.

Its all here in an envelope waiting to go, just need the go-ahead from Zaied!
Regards,

Mike.

Last edited:
R

redangel7861

I was under the impression that when purchasing in Egypt you needed an Egyptian based lawyer?

AFAIK - That £1000 due dilligance and contract check is fine but the £500 is what they will give the Egyptian lawyer that they appoint so he can register your purchase.

The £550 that Zaied is charging clients is to cover all of that. You never know Red, Anthony Seddon may even use Zaied himself to register your purchase with the Egyptian courts. Therefore the end result is the same but has cost an extra £950 for the privaledge!:eek:

I have just sent an email to IPP and Stuart at E-I and CC'd myself and Zaied about the due dilligence,.......Here is the content........

With regards to apartment 309 Hania Beach that I have reserved and am in the process of purchasing.

My appointed lawyer, Zaied Ahmed Yehia, has been unable to obtain a copy of the due dilligance for the above development.
He had informed me via email on Monday 2nd June 2008 that IPP would be forwarding all information to him on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 which I have yet to be confirmed.

Due to the delay in myself recieving the contract for apartment 309 Hania Beach (15/05/2008) and my lawyer recieving the above documents I am asking for an extension (if needed) on the original deadline date which is 21 working days from 12/05/2008 making it 12/06/2008. (This has been worked out taking into consideration of weekends and the subsiquent May bank holiday).

As soon as my lawyer, has confirmed the due dilligance is correct and legal I shall forward the three (3) contracts, signed and a cheque for the monies.

Im sure you can understand the importance for myself and my appointed lawyer to make sure all documents are legal and correct before I proceed with sending the remaining payments.

I look forward to your response.
Kind regards,

Mr Skipsey.

Ill let you know what the replies are!

Kathy from IPP responded immediately,....

Dear Mr. Skipsey

Thank you for updating me.
I would point out that IPP has provided him with everything that he has requested of us. I will make the directors aware of his claims.

Kind regards

Kathy Fryer-Ford

To which I have replied,....

Thanks for your quick reply kathy.

As I said Ive been unable to contact him since Monday due to work commitments. Im sure the due dilligence is fine but would like to hold back on sending the cheque and contract to yourself untill I hear from him.

Its all here in an envelope waiting to go, just need the go-ahead from Zaied!
Regards,

Mike.

Skip,

I understand where your coming from. Can Zeaid provide you with a client account where your funds are protected by UK legislation and the Law Society??

Will he make quartely visits to the site to make sure that the constructors are adhering to the bulding specifications and time sacle specified for the build??

At the moment your having trouble getting feedback from him with regards to the DD. What happens when it get's more complicated and you need his assistance.

It's your choice, but I contacted Zeiad on the 13/05/08 where he informed me he was carrying out DD for other clients on Hania Beach. It is now the 03/06/08 and you are none the wiser.

R

Raptureman23

seems to me that whatever the original quote it always costs more communal areas, £1000 fees that turn in to £1250 or £1500, management fees that have gone up 30% does everyone think were all loaded.
very disillusioned raptureman23

L

Lsab

seems to me that whatever the original quote it always costs more communal areas, £1000 fees that turn in to £1250 or £1500, management fees that have gone up 30% does everyone think were all loaded.
very disillusioned raptureman23
Looks like we're all learning the hard way! I thought our property in Dubai was a pain but hard to believe now, that we bought it without a solicitor at all :eek:

I do think it's all going to be worth it in the end though! No regrets... so far!!!

Last edited:
R

redangel7861

Anyone thinking of doing a site visit?

Me and a few of my friends are looking to visit the site in the next few weeks.

Rgds
RED

Roger

Roger

Anyone thinking of doing a site visit?

Me and a few of my friends are looking to visit the site in the next few weeks.

Rgds
RED
We're out there on 25th for our hols :) There will be a site visit at some point. That's assuming I haven't pulled out or been blown out :eek: Maybe I'll see you there...

M

MrSkipsey

Just phonedd Anthony Seddon as waiting to hear from Zaied is doing my head in and thought Id keep my options open.
There resident lawyer who is dealing with Egypt wasnt in the office but should be calling me back this afternoon.

Ill let you know the outcome.

R

redangel7861

We've also decided on Anthony Seddon
Linda - Good choice.

Again I strongly recommend to all that they use the services of Anthony Seddon.

There website is:

Seddon

Please speak to Mustafa El-Ziftawy on 0207 183 1031

queenie40something

queenie40something

Zeiad has made a post in the Legal thread ref Hania today.

M

MrSkipsey

B: Hania Beach:
Zaied has posted this today,...

The developer's solicitor has stopped liaising for no clear reason, after he told me that he was sending the due diligence documents! Despite the fact that this makes me a bit suspicious, but an associate is meeting up with the developer tonight in Hurghada to check these documents. You will be updated. Sorry for the delay but seriously I did not cause it, and if they showed the documents since we first requested it things would've accelerated way faster. Now I am hoping the reason of this delay would not be that the documents are not what I expect. We'll see anyway.

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor

Fingers crossed that whoever uses who the DD is all good!

R

redangel7861

Dear all.

Let's take a step back and use our common sense for just one second.

Mustafa of AS has spent many many weeks and at cost to himself putting together a DD. I know for a fact that IPP Ltd and Mustafa have given Zeiad all the documentation he requires to complete the DD (on more than one occasion). They are not prepared to give him the DD document itself, why should they. They have given him all the information required to complete the exercise.

We hear nothing for Zeaid for days, no update nothing!!! Clients Of Zeaid are unhappy and want to get issues resolved so they decide to go via a UK based lawyer who is safe and provides UK legislation as protection.

Then Zeiad suddenly turns up stating that the delay is not his fault and that IPP Ltd and Mustafa are not prepared to provide the information.

Let's use our common sense and read between the lines people. Only one member on this board I am aware of has used the services of Zeiad.

AS are governed by UK law, hence any DD they do is governed by UK law. It takes time and money to provide an accurate and extensive DD.

Let's be practicle about this issue and use our common sense, then make the correct assumptions then come to the correct conclusions.

Regards

RED

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Red I am not the only one that has used Zeiads services on this forum. There are plenty and he still comes highly recommended. The person who recommended him to me is now a member here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.