Hania Beach, Central Hurghada, Egypt - Due for completion Summer '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSkipsey

Has anyone heard any more inforamtion about Hania yet? All gone abit quiet!

R

redangel7861

Has anyone heard any more inforamtion about Hania yet? All gone abit quiet!
I believe that the developers had a meeting yesterday with the agents, lawyers and architects to finalise all details, so we should have news very soon.:)

G

gazza66

Reserved - first overseas property

Have just plumped up the courage to reserve at Hania Beach with experience international. This is scary as we have never invested overseas before. This thread has been very helpful. Experience international seem a reputable company. What do other people think?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Have just plumped up the courage to reserve at Hania Beach with experience international. This is scary as we have never invested overseas before. This thread has been very helpful. Experience international seem a reputable company. What do other people think?
congratlation you made a good choice hope to help you if need anything from hurghada

M

mogmad

I was about to reserve my 2 bed apartment this afternoon when Lance Nelson of jet2let told that the square meterage I would be expected to pay was based on flat and the common parts, adding 20 metres at £700 a metre to the price. This effectively added £14000 to the price I had in mind. I was led to thinking I would be paying the area of the apartment and no more. Iam very dissapointed not to be going ahead. I believe it to be a genuine suprise to Lance too. Was I misled or is everyone else thinking the cost is just based on the cost of the apartment alone?

R

redangel7861

I was about to reserve my 2 bed apartment this afternoon when Lance Nelson of jet2let told that the square meterage I would be expected to pay was based on flat and the common parts, adding 20 metres at £700 a metre to the price. This effectively added £14000 to the price I had in mind. I was led to thinking I would be paying the area of the apartment and no more. Iam very dissapointed not to be going ahead. I believe it to be a genuine suprise to Lance too. Was I misled or is everyone else thinking the cost is just based on the cost of the apartment alone?
Hi Mogmad.

I wasn't aware that we had to pay for the common area and only thought that we had to pay for the apartment. This comes as a big surprise to me and will have to confirm this fact with the developer. If it's true then it's a worrying development and adds many thousands of pounds to the cost of purchasing.

edit: can you specify exactly what you mean by "common parts"

Last edited:
M

mogmad

Hi Mogmad.

I wasn't aware that we had to pay for the common area and only thought that we had to pay for the apartment. This comes as a big surprise to me and will have to confirm this fact with the developer. If it's true then it's a worrying development and adds many thousands of pounds to the cost of purchasing.

edit: can you specify exactly what you mean by "common parts"
The common parts I refer to are stairwell, elevators corridors etc. They add 20 metres each to a one and two bed, and about 15 metres for a studio, which really bumps the price up to about £900 per metre, not £700. I have bought on total area before in Bulgaria, but was not aware this was the case here. In my mind it has changed Hania from being a good viable investment, to just another project. I do genuinely think the promoter was under the misapprehension the cost was just based on the apartment size. Anyway, as I result I'm not going ahead. Good luck if you stick with it.

R

redangel7861

The common parts I refer to are stairwell, elevators corridors etc. They add 20 metres each to a one and two bed, and about 15 metres for a studio, which really bumps the price up to about £900 per metre, not £700. I have bought on total area before in Bulgaria, but was not aware this was the case here. In my mind it has changed Hania from being a good viable investment, to just another project. I do genuinely think the promoter was under the misapprehension the cost was just based on the apartment size. Anyway, as I result I'm not going ahead. Good luck if you stick with it.
If this is the case then I believe I may also have to re-assess Hania Beach. An extra £14,000 on the two bed is too much in my opinion. I was always under the impression that I would be paying for the apartment size only. £900sqm is way too expensive for Egypt and is even more expensive than five star developments in Marrakech, Morocco which is a more mature and developed market.

Again, this is all speculation, but if confirmed I will have serious doubts about proceeding.:(

Very dissapointed

Last edited:
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
If this is the case then I believe I may also have to re-assess Hania Beach. An extra £14,000 on the two bed is too much in my opinion. I was always under the impression that I would be paying for the apartment size only. £900sqm is way too expensive for Egypt and is even more expensive than five star developments in Marrakech, Morocco which is a more mature and developed market.

Again, this is all speculation, but if confirmed I will have serious doubts about proceeding.:(

Very dissapointed
I hope Dan can come and tell us about this

D

distant dreamer

In Egypt it is quite common to pay towards communal areas, but most developments include that in their original price. For example, I'm buying a 120 sq mtr apartment in El Andalous, but when you actually work out the apartment size its around 100 sq mtrs, so the extra 20 sq mtrs is for the "side areas". On their price list it gives a total price, which clearly states including "side areas". It doesn't seem very fair if you are expected to pay extra to the price you have originally been quoted and as you say makes it a very expensive project. For this sort of price you'd definitely be better considering Sahl Hasheesh or even El Gouna, where you can see what you are getting for your money!

R

redangel7861

In Egypt it is quite common to pay towards communal areas, but most developments include that in their original price. For example, I'm buying a 120 sq mtr apartment in El Andalous, but when you actually work out the apartment size its around 100 sq mtrs, so the extra 20 sq mtrs is for the "side areas". On their price list it gives a total price, which clearly states including "side areas". It doesn't seem very fair if you are expected to pay extra to the price you have originally been quoted and as you say makes it a very expensive project. For this sort of price you'd definitely be better considering Sahl Hasheesh or even El Gouna, where you can see what you are getting for your money!
I am still awaiting confirmation with regards to extra potential costs relating to the community area.

One thing investors don't like are surprises.

RED

R

redangel7861

Meeting With Developer

I have had a conversation with the developers this morning.

I have expressed my concerns and those of others with regards to the hike in price as a result of the communal charge. The developers have taken this on board and have stated that nothing is set in stone and they are willing to listen on the community charge issue and other issues we as investors may have with regards to the development.

I have a meeting with the directors of Hania in Central London next Thursday the 17th of April. In this meeting I will be highlighting my concerns. If anyone else would like me to put forward their concerns on the development then please PM me any questions you would like me to raise with them.

As stated, nothing is set in stone and the developers will take on board fully any concers that we have so that a solution can be found.

Regards
RED

Roger

Roger

I have expressed my concerns and those of others with regards to the hike in price as a result of the communal charge. The developers have taken this on board and have stated that nothing is set in stone and they are willing to listen on the community charge issue and other issues we as investors may have with regards to the development.

I have a meeting with the directors of Hania in Central London next Thursday the 17th of April. In this meeting I will be highlighting my concerns. If anyone else would like me to put forward their concerns on the development then please PM me any questions you would like me to raise with them.

As stated, nothing is set in stone and the developers will take on board fully any concers that we have so that a solution can be found.

Regards
RED
Jayzus :(

This is bad news. In my opinion Hania was slightly highly priced anyway, but I figured the quality, location and potential resale value commpensated for that. As no mention had been made of "public areas" I (perhaps naively) assumed it was all in the price. If the price per meter of the apartment itself is, in effect, going up, I will have to consider whether it's worth proceeding.

Perhaps we're paying the cost of the alterations they're implementing. Time to start keeping one eye open for other opportunities while we see what happens with Hania.

You can certainly tell them you're speaking for me on this particular issue, Red.

And here's me jumping through hoops to get money released in time...

G

gazza66

Regards
RED
Can you check out maintenance fees. I have heard they will be approx £10 per sqm. Quite high also. Thanks Red.

R

Raptureman23

Regards
RED
My Wife and I have also put down a deposit on a 1 bedroom apartment but if this is confirmed we will be pulling out, i don't know how they can give a guide price then increase this by almost 50%

G

gazza66

Clearly there are some unhappy investors here. The developoment stands to lose quite a lot of business here. Please pass on our concerns and feed back asap Red.

G

gazza66

Regards
RED
Pass on our concerns as they could lose a lot of business without a satisfactory conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.