anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Riccal

Wrong choice!!!

its the wrong choice from their side from the begining
Hi

I dont see how you can say this is their wrong choice. At some point a buyer has to make a decision (gulp) and buy a property. They do all their due diligence and check that the details in the contract are correct and they decide to go ahead. Then some a.....e of a developer decides to completely screw them because he believes that, as a local, the law will be on his side no matter how pig ignorant his behaviour is.

Foreign purchasers will always find this sort of problem legislatively, whether in Egypt, Dubai, Morocco, Bulgaria etc. etc. (even in the supposedly level playing field of the European Union),but this sounds like one of the most unbalanced I have heard about.

Every international emerging market that decides to take advantage of the global property buying trend MUST work towards bringing genuine non partisan legislation and court systems into play or they risk losing everything that the government wishes to put in place strategically because of the blind and greedy behaviour of short term gain artists like this guy.

Sharm Resident, I applaud your self control. If it was me this guy would be seriously regretting his actions (and, so would I whilst reflecting from within an Egyptian jail cell I guess)

Rick

V

vix

Hi

I dont see how you can say this is their wrong choice. At some point a buyer has to make a decision (gulp) and buy a property. They do all their due diligence and check that the details in the contract are correct and they decide to go ahead. Then some a.....e of a developer decides to completely screw them because he believes that, as a local, the law will be on his side no matter how pig ignorant his behaviour is.

Foreign purchasers will always find this sort of problem legislatively, whether in Egypt, Dubai, Morocco, Bulgaria etc. etc. (even in the supposedly level playing field of the European Union),but this sounds like one of the most unbalanced I have heard about.

Every international emerging market that decides to take advantage of the global property buying trend MUST work towards bringing genuine non partisan legislation and court systems into play or they risk losing everything that the government wishes to put in place strategically because of the blind and greedy behaviour of short term gain artists like this guy.

Sharm Resident, I applaud your self control. If it was me this guy would be seriously regretting his actions (and, so would I whilst reflecting from within an Egyptian jail cell I guess)

Rick
Well written Riccal. My heart goes out to them, what a nightmare. Certainly puts the odd broken tile and poor grouting into perspective.

L

Lsab

Same here. Buying abroad can be risky - buying in the UK as well I suppose, to a lesser extent but this isn't about the wrong choice. These particular people have posted their dilemma on many other forums and it's been going on for a long time. Imagine having something like that consuming your life. Talk about a dream turning into a nightmare.

R

Riccal

When I read it I wanted to growl. The frustration this guy must be suffering... well, as I said, hats off to him for self control. I can just imagine the developer smiling whilst believing he is completely above any form of redress and, even though it aint my gaff, I could picture myself wiping it off his face.

Anyway, these are the injustices that are part and parcel of investing in emerging markets and the true measure of the market is that the blatant 2-tier system is done away with over time. But then what happens to these opportunities when everywhere is a level playing field?

Rick

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi agree with above. We all need to take note and these went with a well respected UK Agent / Developer??? This has been going on in Sharm for a few yrs so please take note when purchasing - dont always take what your UK / Egyptian Agent / Developer / Lawyers says as face value!!
BTW Sharm Resident welcome to TP

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sharm Resident - what is the new update - has Mac found out anything?? Pray tell!!

S

sharmcliff resident

We are already working on this as newspaper did not bring much.

The Governor has enough power do it or at least push it at high level in Cairo. But he don't care!!

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
We are already working on this as newspaper did not bring much.

The Governor has enough power do it or at least push it at high level in Cairo. But he don't care!!
He will not, not he don't care, bt he don't like that others know that he got such problem

S

sharmcliff resident

Guess you are right. One day he might regret not to have helped and supported us from the day we met him (30 January)

L

leeds

hi sharmer,

reading through your other posts it seems that you are an agent and I'm afraid we don't allow agents to solicit business on the forum

if you would like to become a premium member, see this link: http://www.totallyproperty.com/premium-membership.php
Hi all, as anyone bought or thinking of buying in The View, nabq bay, if so please can you contact me,in a dilemma do not know to choose this or la serena, thanks debbie:confused:

J

John111

Hi Alison,

We have bought a 2 bed apartment in Naama View which is behind the Marriott hotels, this is already built and we are going to Sharm on the 7th July to do the snagging and also to start furnishing it. We are staying at the Tropicana Rosetta so we will be able to walk to the apartment from there. We will consider hiring a car, do you have any experience of this? We have only recently come across this forum, its really very helpful and we have picked up a lot of valuable information from it.So thanks to everyone who contributes to this.
Colin and Naaz.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Colin and Naaz and welcome. Yes I know Naama View - great location - we love the Marriott. We have just come back from Sharm and stayed at Tropicana Rosetta so you wont have far to walk. Its lovely to have yet another Sharmer on board. There are quite a few of us buying on Sierra in Nabq, Simon has bought in Sharks Bay, Debbie is looking and hopefully flying out to view some next week. Elaine is currently in Sharm for a month looking for somewhere to live and Kerry has moved out there to start a new life for himself.
Have you seen the furniture thread? I have posted some pics of furniture from Idea4furniture and there is a link to a video as well on you tube of the showroom. We have just ordered his package Mostafa could not have been of any more help and knew exactly what we wanted and the furniture is of good quality.
Have you got you POA yet?
When do you pick your keys up?
We havent been brave enough to hire a car yet - car rental is quite expensive. I know an English lady taxi river and she leases hers and it is about £400 a month!
I did research this a little while ago and I found a company that was about £100 a week which included insurance. Im pretty sure you can hire a car and driver for less than £10 a day.

Take care
Alison

J

jojo

how to buy in sharm? new member needs help!

hi everyone, my name is jo and i just want advice from other members who have bought property in egypt. i am basicaly at the absolute start of the buying process with me simply searching the web for properties available. first things first though, what is the best way to finance buying in egypt? i co-habit with my partner in his house so i do not have my own mortgage. i have paid into saving so that we can lay out a deposit for a property overseas. having holidayed in sharm this year we completely fell in love with the place and have decided sharm is the one. as i dont have a mortgage at the moment and having read about difficulties for non egyptians to obtain mortgages does anyone have suggestions for the best way to proceed in financing our buy...loans/mortgage/asking partner to remortgage etc....
can anyone suggest any good developers or agency's who are reputable?

we are currently considering just off plan projects what are the pros and cons of offplan that members have experienced with egypt?

we will of course be going out to sharm first to view any properties we are interested in....we've read the warnings from the forum about not buying without seeing. We would like to invest in naama bay as it offers everything we want from a holiday home but we have seen developments in nabq bay does anyone have recommendations about naama v nabq?

sorry about hte lengthy post but my mind is a bit boggled at the moment knowing where to start!!!! all help offered is greatly appreciated.
thanks
jojo

S

slaweksawicki

HI

I am also looking to buy something in Egypt, I mean like 1 bed apartament in Sharm El, just started looking for more information how to do it. We are planning to put arround 30K I hope it will be enough. Probably will go there to have look myself.
It would be good to share the experience with somone who is planning similar thing

Slawek

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi everyone, my name is jo and i just want advice from other members who have bought property in egypt. i am basicaly at the absolute start of the buying process with me simply searching the web for properties available. first things first though, what is the best way to finance buying in egypt? i co-habit with my partner in his house so i do not have my own mortgage. i have paid into saving so that we can lay out a deposit for a property overseas. having holidayed in sharm this year we completely fell in love with the place and have decided sharm is the one. as i dont have a mortgage at the moment and having read about difficulties for non egyptians to obtain mortgages does anyone have suggestions for the best way to proceed in financing our buy...loans/mortgage/asking partner to remortgage etc....
can anyone suggest any good developers or agency's who are reputable?

we are currently considering just off plan projects what are the pros and cons of offplan that members have experienced with egypt?

we will of course be going out to sharm first to view any properties we are interested in....we've read the warnings from the forum about not buying without seeing. We would like to invest in naama bay as it offers everything we want from a holiday home but we have seen developments in nabq bay does anyone have recommendations about naama v nabq?

sorry about hte lengthy post but my mind is a bit boggled at the moment knowing where to start!!!! all help offered is greatly appreciated.
thanks
jojo
Hi Jojo and welcome.

I have merged your thread with this exsisting one on Sharm.

We have quite alot of forum members that are buying in Sharm. Our agent is Sharm Real Estate and so far we havent really had any problems. They are very easy to contact as is the developer. The majority including myself have bought on Sierra in Nabq see http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/5219-sierra-resort-nabq-pictures-info-updates.html

This thread will help you with the legal / buying process http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7611-legal-faqs-egyptian-lawyer.html

Naama bay has got very expensive and very busy. When we went last month the traffic was terrible and we were glad we bought in Nabq. There are quite a few developments in Naama, Naama Heights, Naama View, Criss Residence. On the outskirts towards Hadaba there are Gold Sharm Residene - there is a thread abouth this so please read 1st, Roman Theatre etc. Hadaba is alot cheaper but most apartments dont come with a pool. In Nabq there is Egyptian Experiance, Sharm Bride, The View, Sharm Residence, Sunny Village, La Serena. These are just a few.

There is this thread asking how buyers are financing their purchase http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/8569-how-you-financing-your-purchase.html

Hopefully these links will help and please feel free to post some questions once you ahve read through them.

Im sure others will be able to answer some ?? for you as well. Anything in particular you need to know please post away.

Regards

Alison

queenie40something

queenie40something

HI

I am also looking to buy something in Egypt, I mean like 1 bed apartament in Sharm El, just started looking for more information how to do it. We are planning to put arround 30K I hope it will be enough. Probably will go there to have look myself.
It would be good to share the experience with somone who is planning similar thing

Slawek
Hi Slawek and welcome aboard. Please see my post above that may help. Any further questions please post away. We have quite alot buying in Sharm now on Sierra Nabq, Gold Sharm, Sharks Bay and Naama.

Good luck

Regards

Alison

S

sharmcliff resident

How we live!!

We add some videos on our web site just to show in which condition we are living.

see: sharmcliff (DOT) info

J

jojo

thanks for the info. has anyone bought at the viva reef in nabq bay? i was sent the brochure via e-mail today and although we like the look of it i want to know if anyone has bought there and if so what their thoughts and experiences with the development are. i googled it and have seen 2 different prices for the same type of apartment but with a £10,000 price difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.