anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simonjwatts1

Hi all i have missed this link.
I bought a 2 bed apartment in Sharks Bay Oasis some 2 years ago off plan.
It was fully completed ie furniture etc just a couple of months ago.
I am very pleased with the project and was well worth the wait i have had no real headaches.
The finished item is actually better than we expected.
If i can assist anyone then ask away.

S

sharmcliff resident

Gold Sharm

Good Afternoon, after reading about your problem at Sharm Cliff, I really do sympathise as i to have had the headache off dealing with a developer who does not know how to keep a promise to a customer.
The developement in queston is Gold Sharm, is there anyone else out there who has had any similar experiences with this developer?

We all have the same problem, developer who don't respect the contract :mad:

There is a topic on Gold Sharm here at http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7654-gold-sharm-residence.html

might be usefull.

Keep us update.

C

casslondon

Sharmers - Buying in Sharm

I just bought in Sharm through Uncover Egypt, a great and honest agent based in both Uk and Egypt. Do your research first and look at LOADS of properties, it is a hard slog but worth it. I came across some unscrupolous agents that grossly inflated prices thinking I was wealthy and stupid enough to go for it. Buy in an area you like not where they tell you to. Look at location for tenants if you are going to do holiday lets. Can they get to the beach, restaurants, tourist attractions etc easily. Do due diligence on the developer, if they do not give the info you want be wary. Check out the company and its accounts, backing etc. Check out their delivery history, if they are always late, be aware they may have funding issues.
I bought ready now to be on the safe side. I will buy off plan next year when I have done serious research on the developers, plots etc.

QUOTE=queenie40something;25217]Hi

I thought I would start a thread especially for any Sharmers out there.

Have you bought or thinking of buying in the Sharm region.

If so please post your experiences, thoughts, tips etc here.

Thanks

Queenie[/QUOTE]

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi to all new Sharmers - great to see some more Sharmers and not so great hearing of problems. Hope you all get them resolved soon.

I like Simon have now taken possession of my apartment in Nabq and have just returned from our 1st family holiay in it. Had a few problems such as flood etc but all in all we are very happy.

Good luck to all xxx

S

simonjwatts1

re flood

amazing we too had 2 floods lol must be mostafas plumbing lol

Hi to all new Sharmers - great to see some more Sharmers and not so great hearing of problems. Hope you all get them resolved soon.

I like Simon have now taken possession of my apartment in Nabq and have just returned from our 1st family holiay in it. Had a few problems such as flood etc but all in all we are very happy.

Good luck to all xxx

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Simon - no mine was defo builders not testing the pipes etc. Pulled out lumps of concrete out of the drain!! Stepped out of the shower and I was ankle deep in water. Sorry to say this but glad I wasnt the only one!! Kept saying to hubby it could only happen to me now I know Im not the only one xx

S

simonjwatts1

re pipes

[yes mine was the same it was not mostafa really
all the pipes were blocked with same concreat etc
:)

QUOTE=queenie40something;81044]Hi Simon - no mine was defo builders not testing the pipes etc. Pulled out lumps of concrete out of the drain!! Stepped out of the shower and I was ankle deep in water. Sorry to say this but glad I wasnt the only one!! Kept saying to hubby it could only happen to me now I know Im not the only one xx[/QUOTE]

queenie40something

queenie40something

Simon are you ground floor - we are. Hope it doesnt happen again - water went through to kitchen and lounge :(

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thats interesting then. The concrete lumps were in the funny round drain with the cover ( silver one ) that is next to the loo in the bathroom.

S

simonjwatts1

re drains

Oh my god it was in the same place inside our main bathroom forsome reason they seem to think it is cleaned if they put all the rubbish in the holes left lol.:)

Thats interesting then. The concrete lumps were in the funny round drain with the cover ( silver one ) that is next to the loo in the bathroom.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Ummm very strange and what a coincidence!! At least we can both warn other buyers now to check by putting their hand done there!

iain

iain

Ummm very strange and what a coincidence!! At least we can both warn other buyers now to check by putting their hand done there!
Maybe the workers put lumps down there to stop things climbing in (rats for example) whilst building? More likely it's just shoddy workmanship though.

A

anni

AH! sharm

Hi

I thought I would start a thread especially for any Sharmers out there.

Have you bought or thinking of buying in the Sharm region.

If so please post your experiences, thoughts, tips etc here.

Thanks

Queenie
hi Queenie i'm new on here but yes i am buying in sharm about beginging of december 2008 i'm single female 60 moving out there with my son and daughter in law both 40ish there son 18 hope to buy 2 properties for us nabac bay area. I'v been reading your mails you seem a great person we do not know anybody as yet but hope there is something to meet folks on. I'v been comeing to sharm for the past 15 years (diving) and seen it change so much love it out there we will be looking for a good lawyer etc if you have anysugestions would love to hear

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi Queenie i'm new on here but yes i am buying in sharm about beginging of december 2008 i'm single female 60 moving out there with my son and daughter in law both 40ish there son 18 hope to buy 2 properties for us nabac bay area. I'v been reading your mails you seem a great person we do not know anybody as yet but hope there is something to meet folks on. I'v been comeing to sharm for the past 15 years (diving) and seen it change so much love it out there we will be looking for a good lawyer etc if you have anysugestions would love to hear
Hi Anni - its lovely to have you on board and a warm welcome to you and your family. Good luck with your search.

My apartment is in Nabq on Sierra Resort. There are quite alot of us - around 24 or so - on this forum that have bought on Sierra, Simon has bought in Sharks Bay which is a short drive up the road and there are a handful of others that have bought elsewhere in Nabq and Naama Bay.

I dont know if you are aware of the Sharm Womens Group but the lady that I employ to look after my apartment ( she used to be a school teacher and governor when she lived in Ireland ) is on the committee and a lovely lady who helped me no end. I attended one of their monthly meetings a couple of weeks ago and met some lovely women from all nationalities that have now made Sharm their homes. You may want to consider joining this group?? If so I will put you in touch with Clare. The have monthly meetings and fortnightly committee meetings and are always looking for new members. They are arranging their annual Xmas dinner at the moment for around 18th Dec.

Clare and Mohammed are living at the Oriental Resort in Nabq, Peter owns St Georges at Jasmine centre and lives at Sharm residence with his wife Tracy and family. There are a couple of Brit couples living full time on Sierra and many more in Nabq. Quite a few Brits live on Sharm Residence.

We are back over on 16th Dec for 2 weeks so if you are around it would be lovely to meet up with you.

We are both in our 40's and I would say average age for Brits living in Nabq is 55. We have 2 girls 24 and 15 and a boy of 19. I hope to talk hubby into moving out for good in about 3 years so we could well be neighbours!

15yrs!! so you are a pro ( excuse pun lol ) when it comes to Sharm. There are lots of keen divers on here especially the Sierra thread and Im sure it wont be long before you find some dive buddies.

I agree about the changes. Even Nabq has changed quite alot in the last 12 months. Naama is getting very very busy and the traffic is heavy.

With ref to a lawyer mine is Zeiad who has become a firm family friend as well. He is a true gent and regular poster on the forum keeping buyers updated and answering questions. There is a thread on recommended lawyers, agents etc which you will find many recommendations. Zeiad is of course totally independant of any developer or agent which I would recommend.

There is also a chit chat section in the lounge area where you can have a natter and an introductions thread on the 1st page of the Egypt forum.

Keep posting Anni and if you have any problems navigating the forum please dont hesitate to contact either myself of Lsab ( Linda )

All the best

Alison xxx

M

Muttlys

We are going out to sharm to view propertys on the 07/12/08 till 21/12/08 i understand you will be out there from the 16th it would be great to meet up with you as we have so many questions to ask

Thanks Again Andy

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Andy no problems. We are out 16th til 28th. Contact me a bit nearer the time so we can arrange to meet up. Where are you staying x

W

welsh janet

We are going out to sharm to view propertys on the 07/12/08 till 21/12/08 i understand you will be out there from the 16th it would be great to meet up with you as we have so many questions to ask

Thanks Again Andy
Hi Andy
I just read your coming to sharm from the 7/12/to 21/12 my partner and i moved to sharm 3 months ago so if you feel like meeting up one night for a drink just drop me a line.
Hope you enjoy the weather when you get here, i have not long got back from the UK after a short business trip (Real Estate) and it practically rained all the time i was there.

All the best,
Janet

A

anni

16th dec

hi alison thanks for replying so quick Mmmmmm i am finding it a bit confuseing getting around this web site but more i do it i'll find out how i got here lol! would be great for us all to meet up around the 16th let us know were you'll all be.. we will be staying at a small hotel sharm inn amarein up on ras um sid. I see my son andy has managed to make contacted also on this site so you'll have the whole bunch of us chatting to you. biggest thing we are trying to find out is the import tax on home contence containers mind blowing!!!!!I'm bringing my 2 cats with me (bless) and just had them chipped n rabbis vac'ed there is so much to do but I guess it will all pan out in the end I should be moving out there permenant in dec and hope to be able to engage Ziead will contact him soon. a bit about me i live in burnham somerset lovely area' work at the moment weston hospital on nights so dont get a lot of time but love the job but need to have my time henze sharm!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Anni - yes we will defo arrange to meet up - maybe half way at Naama unless you were planning a night out in Nabq - the Peking Restaurant is wonderful. Maybe we can all meet up including Janet and Andy???

We arrive on 16th so probably not good that night but we are flxible on any other day or night.

Somerset is a lovely county - have fond memories of going to Cheddar Gorge as a teen.

I pointed your son in the direction on the import thread. There is also a thread in the lounge about the process of taking pets to Egypt as well. Peter and Lyndsay have both recently taking their dogs to Hurghada - Lyndsay from Ireland and Peter from Spain so their posts may be of some help to you.

See http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/5340-pet-transportation.html

Status
Not open for further replies.