anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi here is the Delta Sharm website to wet your appetite Delta Sharm | Welcome. They do also provide free courtesy bus down into Naama bay which is where their private beach is ( it is small but you can walk along the whole length of the Naama beach ). It is on the prom which is lovely, pedestrianised and very clean. Nice restaurants and bars along here where you dont get hassled.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi here is the Delta Sharm website to wet your appetite Delta Sharm | Welcome. They do also provide free courtesy bus down into Naama bay which is where their private beach is ( it is small but you can walk along the whole length of the Naama beach ). It is on the prom which is lovely, pedestrianised and very clean. Nice restaurants and bars along here where you dont get hassled.
ohhhh freee bus i was in sun rise hotel in Sharks bay and they charge me around 30 L.E to take me to Namaa bay and bring me back

G

Golfgirl

Good Morning Alison

Boy you sure are working hard so that I don't have to. I am very grateful for all the links and advice.

Some feed back on the links, that may or may not be helpful to you and other members.

The link to the Sharmwomens Pin .. is excellent. A "must save" link to anyone visiting or living in Sharm.

The furniture link, which I was very excited about, and by the way, was very thoughtful of you, as most of us would need this information, did not work for me, :mad: Could you check if you can open it on your comp?

The Delta Sharm website: What can I say... except if it were up to me I would change the background music to Another day in Paradise or better still You take my Breath Away!!!!

You are right, I think I would be bettter off in a hotel for a week and sourcing locally a rental apartment. Any chance that I could get the same deal as you did for the Rosetta??? Or other hotels appx. in that price range?

Also, I would like to contact the taxi that you had suggested for pick up from airport.

:pHaha you said keep the questions coming.

TTFN and looking forward to hearing from you when you wake up:)

Elaine

L

Lsab

Morning Elaine - my computer tells me that you made that post at 5.18! Either you're up really early or in bed really late :) I'm not sure if you're on the same time line as us (same as Saudi) or ahead a bit?
Best wishes
Linda

G

Golfgirl

Good Morning Linda:)
Very observant of you ...lol my computer is set on UAE time and I am presently in my apartment in Goa India, which is an hour and a half ahead of the UAE, still early to be on line but the connection here is very laid back, so the earlier I get on line and beat the rest of the surfers the better off I am... then I can nap..sigh the joys of retirement!!!

Cheers and have a great day.

Elaine

N

not_terry

Hi
thanks for the link. I couldn't find any prices though, unless i'm being thick. I emailed them but no reply.

The thing is I am out there 22 May and am actively looking. I dont want to infringe site rules or anything like that. But I would love to be able to get in touch with people particularly private sellers and discuss prices and facilities and availability, particularly Delta Sharm.

I really need to be able to talk 'business'

Cheers

Kerry

L

Lsab

Hi Kerry, it's not breaking the rules if you ask for prices etc. Hopefully you'll start to get some PMs with what you need.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kerry I have seen another 62m2 1 bed for 35K and another 1 bed 73m2 for 37K. I have not heard back from the private seller yet. I have another contact that owns the internet shop on Delta so when he is online I will ask him if he knows of any others for sale for you.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I have permission from Rob the owner of these photos to post them of Delta Sharm - trying to upload the others but they are too big

Attachments

L

Leila

Thanks, Isab. Does anyone have a flat to rent in Sharm? One bedroom, pool, air con please! probably from July 22nd for a week.

N

not_terry

Hi Kerry I have seen another 62m2 1 bed for 35K and another 1 bed 73m2 for 37K. I have not heard back from the private seller yet. I have another contact that owns the internet shop on Delta so when he is online I will ask him if he knows of any others for sale for you.
Hi
Many many thanks you are most kind. I relly appreciate your kind assistance, hope to meet with you sometime, I will definitely be looking into all these options when I arrive. Only 10 days to go and counting!! Please keep me informed of all possibilities

Perhaps you could PM me on them so I can find them easily, Im still finding my around the forum and one problem I have is remembering which thread a particular piece of information is on !!!

Thank you

L

Lsab

Hi Kerry,

After all this time I've only just noticed that if you click on Thread Tools, you can email the page to yourself!!!. You could then keep all the relevant info on file.

Regards
Linda

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kerry your welcome and no probs. I sent you the links on 30/4 for the ones I saw above. If I see anymore I will let you know. Mybe we can meet for a beer in October as you will hopefully be settled by then and we are there for 2 weeks as opposed to only one next month. Also we are staying on Delta in October so if you buy there it will be soooo easy to meet in one of the bars. Rob said that an Italian couple have shown interest in the 1 bed on Delta as well.

S

sharmcliff resident

Real Estate mismanagement and abuse in Sharm El Sheikh

There are many good points of Sharm compared with Europe. In just a few words; always sun, nice diving and everything is cheap. With just 4 to 6 hours flight time buying real estate here becomes more and more popular. But after living here a while, we start mentioning the drawbacks easier then the reasons we came here for.

We find out that the nice project of the residential complex called "Sharmcliff" of 13 Villas, 78 apartments, with completion date of the whole project: 1’ lot in 6 month, 2’ lot in one year (so end 2006),where we (9 foreigner owners) bought our apartment in 2005 is still a building site after three years. Didn’t it mention 11.250 sqm total green area of green and a 250 sqm swimming pool in the contract? Where are the services and facilities written, as well, in the contract? Central satellite TV, Security service 24 hours per day, Pool cleaning on a daily bases, public area cleaning, Maintenance of public areas, lighting and gardens, Collection and disposal of rubbish.

Bricks are lying where the green should be and the swimming pool is still a sandy hole in the ground. If we could see at least a little progress it would be okay, but since 2006, when we move inn, the only thing that’s growing is the garbage and the sewage coming out from the pipes. The only activity is from the fast growing rat population.
See pictures on our web site.

I can hear you think, but a contract? Of course, we thought we covered everything with a nice contract (regularly registered) when we bought the place even through one of the biggest and reliable British agent in Sharm who gave us 100% guarantee about the project owner!

The tenth time the companies cut the power and water in the whole complex because the project owner did not pay the money to the electrical and water company for a total of 20.000 le!!, after we paid him every single month our private usage, (at double the tariff) we settle on just having the electric and water meter on our names. But we had to share and pay ALL the debt to have water and power back!

We hire a Lower and start a Court Case in El Tour.
It should be just a formality, because it’s between us and the power and water company, without any involvement of the project owner. We are still waiting for the outcome of the court case since the month of October 2007!
But in the mean time the project owner is refusing to pay any single pound to water and power company until when we take back the charges. The total consumption we have to pay is for the all compound and includes also the 6 flats owned or rented out by the project owner, and the lodgers are regularly paying their usage to the project owner.
Is maybe called... blackmailing...??
Well... power and water are the basic need for a decent life, so we have no other choice than to pay! So every month we pay far too much!! Is it fair??

Minister of Tourism and Minister of Investment are not interested. So we had an appointment with the South Sinai Governor. He has a bit more influence and political power for Sharm. Is he willing to give a helping hand? For heaven sake, children are living next to apartments stuffed with garbage, walking down stairs without handrails, playing around electrical cabins with open copper wires. We are still waiting for an outcome. We are surrounded by hotels and a big shopping center. Is not a nice view for tourist walking by.

We have been attacked, threatened, insulted and badly treated by the project owner. Dozen of police reports have been made. Action will be taken?

We sue the developer for breaching the contract asking refund of the amount paid for the flats plus compensation for the entire tort. Court case takes long time, even if our lower is taking care and following it up. For how long we will have to suffer?

Journalist from Cairo heard about us and we had a page article on the newspaper “Sot el Omma” on the 14th of April 08.

The question now, do we deserve such humiliation and intimidation and abuse as we came to Egypt and decided to invested our savings? Is because we are foreigner and cares about us...
This mismanagement and malpractices start to be known in Sharm el Sheik and can spoil the good reputation of real estate investment in Sharm.

Attachments

Last edited:
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
]

Oh God, I recomend you contact Ziad on legal thread

Last edited by a moderator:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi George they already have lawyers - this has been going on for a long time. I have read their plight on lots of different forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.