anyone-bought-sharm-thinking-buying-sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

hi there queenie we have just returned from Sharm having had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxed holiday and again realising how absolutely charming the egyptian people are. We were however suprised to see how much the cost of things in Sharm had increased from last year ie. coffee charged at 2.50 each ! food also increased in price. Have you noticed this at all. Are you now settled in your apt. if not when will you be going
Hi Phil - glad u had a good time. TBH I didnot notice the price increase in all my 5 trips last year. I have yet to travel out this yr so I may notice it due to the hikes and clashes etc. Will report back on my findings.

G

Golfgirl

To start the ball rolling

We have bought a 1 bedroom apartment with small garden in Nabq Bay in Sharm. It is a quiet resort but is up and coming. It 2nd line from the beach, 10 mins from the airport and 20 mins drive into Naama Bay.

It is on the Sierra resort which is next door to Sharm Bride. Currently the handover date is 28th Feb 08. The whole complex has a completion date of Oct 08.

The buying process is different here and it is on a 99 year lease. This may put some people off buying but the lease is renewable. My daughter is on the contract so if anything happens to hubby or I then the lease will automatically go to her at no cost. If you sell the property then the new owner gets a new 99 year lease at a cost of £1000.

I have been to El Tor to get my residents and multi entry visa along with the Power of Attorney. Cost was 83LE for the residents visa and 61LE for the multi entry visa which you get from the passport office in El Tor and the POA was 40LE which you get from the government building which is 2 mins drive away from the passport office. The return taxi drive will cost £15 ( if you need contact that knows where these offices are for this please let me know )

This is an easy process and it is an hours drive from Sharm. ( Any ? on this please ask )

One tip is to ensure you get a good English speaking Egyptian lawyer.

Ensure that you read through your contract that has to be in both English and Arabic.

If you do not understand anything in the contract ask your lawyer.

If you do not like anything in your contract ask your lawyer to discuss it with the developer. I have had a few things changed on mine without any problems.

Once you have signed every page of the contract it is then handed to the developer who in turn signs every page and then your lawyer will do the registration at the courts in Cairo.

Typical cost for a lawyer is £500.
Thanks Queenie, you are a star for starting this thread!

I have recently retired and will be visiting Sharm in 3 weeks on a rekkie. I will be staying for a month and would like to ask your advice on a rental apartment for the time I am there. I am interested in purchasing a 2/3 bedroom apartment and the La Sirena Project sounds interesting... whoooo hoo a golf course near by!!!! So any suggestions or information on other projects would be soooo welcome.

I have contacted the lawyer on this forum and we will be meeting when I get there.

Big decision for me, as I am single and would need to be in a very safe and secure area with access to shopping and medical facilities. So any and all advice will be most appreciated.

Cheers and inshallah ...the next party will be at my new home.

EA

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Golfgirl and welcome to the forum. We have quite a few members that have now bought in Sharm. We have bought at Sierra at Nabq. This area is upandcoming and there are 3 malls opened already. There are lots of developments but it will depend on your budget. Are you looking for off plan or something to buy that is ready to move into. There is a couple on our sister site expats who are now living in Nabq. Some developments are Egyptian Experiance, On View, Sierra, Sharm Bride, Laguna Vista, Mashreq, Del Mar - the list is endless. Montaza is probably one of the most expensive areas. The complexes in Naama are also increasing and Hadaba is cheaper.
I would advise to look at as many as you can when you are out there and go for a complex that is gated with 24 hr security. Are you looking for a holiday home or to retire out there? I think 9 holes on course are already completed and it is at the far end of Nabq towards the Mangrove National Park.
You may well be in Sharm when we are there as we are flying out 7th June.

Here is the Sierra thread http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/5219-sierra-resort-nabq-pictures-info-updates.html
Introductions thread http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/5370-introductions.html
Here is a thread on Sharks bay where Simon has bought http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/4288-sharks-bay-sharm-el-shiekh.html
One on furniture http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6658-furniture-egypt.htm
There is lots of useful info in the lounge http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/
and here for the expat site http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/announcements.htmll

Good luck and if theres anything you need to know just keep posting.

Regards
Alison

N

not_terry

Hi
I am considering an apartment in Sharm and wondered if anybody can tell me if the following sounds like a good investment.

1 bed apartment 65m2
It's completed and furnished
But... It is on a resort but is at the back of a resort so a bit of a walk to the pool. View is only the road one side and other apartments the other side

But £32,000 finished and furnished for a 1 bed in Sharm.... Maintenance rent is £200 pa

What do you think

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kerry where abouts in Sharm - whats the development called.

N

not_terry

Its all a bit vague at the moment but its near naama bay, ill know more when i get out there next month. Does it sound reasonable on the face of it. Sorry I cant be more explicit at this stage

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kerry it does sound quite reasonable but it depends what you have on site eg access to pool etc. There are quite a few in and around Naama Bay. The maintenance fee is very good. There are a few private sales on Delta Sharm and to give you an idea they are around 32K for 85m2 1 bed furnished - studios go for about 23K( this resort has everything and is like a village - gated and has over 10 pools, banks, shops, bars gym etc etc ) Roman Theatre - 1 bed go for about 43K ( have use of pool ) you can get a small studio at Hay El Nour furnished with air con for £17,500 ( no pool ) a 1 bed furnished in Hadaba will be about 26K furnished - I have even seen a 2 bed furnished one in Hadaba for 24K!! Hope this gives you an idea.
If you have any pics of it you can post I might be able to tell you where it is.

G

Golfgirl

Wow...many thanks Alison, lots of very useful information in the links you so kindly provided.
I am looking to retire there. Is the perfect location between Europe and the UAE where I have lived for the past 15 years.
So much to choose from I am guessing my one month will fly by. Lots of rentals available too so I am now confused.... any suggestions of a location that could be quite central? The Nabq area seems to be the smart choice, or do you suggest I stay in a hotel for a week and look for a rental when I am there? That could be an option.
Glad to hear you will be in Sharm while I am there, am hoping I can do some more brain picking over a nice meal or latte.

Kind regards
Elaine

L

Lsab

Morning Elaine and a belated welcome from me to the forum. :) It's great to see more Sharmers on board. We have another member Vix, who like you works in the UAE and I live close by in Bahrain. Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself and lovely to 'meet' you.

Best wishes
Linda

G

Golfgirl

Merhaba and shukran Isab a pleasure to meet you too!
Inshallah one day soon all us "Gulfies" will have a reunion party in Sharm:)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Elaine - your welcome. The cheapest option would be to rent a private apartment for the month but saying that you can get some cheap hotels. I have booked Tropican Rosetta which is really central and a good location in Naama Bay see this map for the location Sharm El Sheikh Street Map for 2 sharing b and b I managed to get it for just £8 each per night. I think if you are house hunting Naama bay would be a good base as you are near to Real Estate offices and they will pick you up and take you to various developments. There are some nice developments here and Sunny Lakes is not too far up the road - google for information. This development is quite advanced in the building stage. You may want to consider a development that is already established like Delta Sharm. This is gated and is very big - like a village again google as they have their own website. I know someone selling a 1 and 2 bedroom on here but cant remember the prices. What you need to do is have a good look when you are out there. If you are buying off plan find out as much as you can about the developer and ask what other resorts he has built. Get a good lawyer such as Zeiad who is in Naama bay and a trusted agent as well. He will recommend some that he has dealt with so knows how they work and if they are trustworthy. Nabq may be a little too quiet for you to live in but it is only 20 mins from Naama. Delta is about 10 mins from Naama and is in the area of Hadaba. You can ( if fit and not too hot ) walk from Sunny Lakes into Naama - this was our 1st choice in Sharm but over our budget.
Would love to meet for a meal or a drink - keep those questions coming!!
I also know a female English taxi driver so let me know if you need to arrange airport pick ups etc. She is really good and knows where the passport office and notary is in El Tor.
Hope this helps
Alison

queenie40something

queenie40something

..sorry this may help Naama Bay holiday apartments - Holiday accommodation in Naama Bay, Egypt - Book direct to give you an idea of what is available to rent and where. But it will be cheaper for you to rent from a local agent or privately. There are studios at Hay El Nour for 1800le a month which is less than £180, I have seen a 1 bed with pool in Naama for 2500le a month. Criss Residence is right in Naama bay and these go for about 2500/2700 per month and these would be ideal to rent for your stay due to the location. I have a map of some developments so let me know if you want it.

L

Lsab

Morning Alison - I've been up for almost 3 hours and still struggling to fully wake up :eek: You on the other hand, are already on top form. Brilliant information as always :)
Linda

queenie40something

queenie40something

Morning Linda - I am still half asleeep LOL. It is lovely to have a few more Sharmers on board to keep me on my toes with lots of questions.

L

Lsab

Have you counted how many there are? As I said before, when I joined the Egypt forum a few months ago, you were the only one. We have to be in double figures at least now.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Swanski is currently viewing property in Sharm I believe, Kerry and Elaine are considering and will soon be in Sharm, Mark2454 was also considering and moving out with his family, Brian and Colleen from the expat site have bought and now live at Paradise Hills at Nabq also Gary Lockwood is moving over with his family ( they are going over in May to sort out schools and apartment hoping to move in September ) Simon has bought in Sharks Bay, Stirrup Cottage was considering, myself, StuandChelle, Iain, Jaytee, Anita, TonyHoltom, Marc and Martine, Vidawho ( Lynn and Ryan ) that have bought on Sierra. So there are quite a few Sharmers now.

If I have forgotten anyone I do apologise and please make a post. If there are any guests out there please join and let us know where in Sharm you have bought.

Alison

N

not_terry

Delta sharm

Hi Kerry it does sound quite reasonable but it depends what you have on site eg access to pool etc. There are quite a few in and around Naama Bay. The maintenance fee is very good. There are a few private sales on Delta Sharm and to give you an idea they are around 32K for 85m2 1 bed furnished - studios go for about 23K( this resort has everything and is like a village - gated and has over 10 pools, banks, shops, bars gym etc etc ) Roman Theatre - 1 bed go for about 43K ( have use of pool ) you can get a small studio at Hay El Nour furnished with air con for £17,500 ( no pool ) a 1 bed furnished in Hadaba will be about 26K furnished - I have even seen a 2 bed furnished one in Hadaba for 24K!! Hope this gives you an idea.
If you have any pics of it you can post I might be able to tell you where it is.
Hi
VERY interested in the Delta Sharm 85 sq M furnished at £32k - can you give me a link pls
tnx so much
kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.