Which country should I buy in?

J

JMBroad

Sorry about that ..tell me do the banks in Brazil have money to lend to non residents for property purchase on properties not see by the buyer?
No, the mortgage market in Brazil is less than two years old (for another 42 days anyway - in 42 days it'll be exactly two years since the first 25 year mortgage packet was launched to the local market). As can be expected with such a young mortgage market banks do not lend money to non-residents yet, same as happened with Spain, and probably every other country when the mortgage market started.

Two years ago when the first 25 mortgage was announced, the interest rate was close to 10% per year - now, less than two years later Brazilians can get 30 year mortgages at 4% interest a year. Perhaps now you can see why the demand is what it is.

5 years ago Brazil had a loan with the International Monetary Fund of 23.295 million GBP. The Brazilian economy is so strong that not only has the country paid off that debt but earlier this year President Lula even agreed to loan as much as 6.781 million GBP to the IMF. Quite rightly he quipped to the international media "Isn't it chic that they are asking us for money now?".

So, while banks will not yet give mortgages to non-residents, the mortgage market is expanding very rapidly amongst the local (190 million strong) population, especially amongst the low and medium-low income segment thanks to government backed housing programmes also launched only a few months ago.

I don't understand the relativity of your question - whether the buyer has seen the property or not - but just in case you were wondering, it doesn't make a difference, non residents can not get mortgages in Brazil yet. The maximum they can get is a ten year payment plan (after completion) with the developer although this is not recommended as the interest rates are extortionate. At the moment to invest in Brazil you need the liquidity.

But in answer to your question, yes the banks in Brazil have plenty of money to lend.

R

Rammah

Well recent financial crisis is because of inappropriate property plans offered in U.S. Many of you aware of sub-prime mortgage scheme, this scheme fueled the recent financial crisis. It is a scheme in which banks provide the loan to the customers with very low or no condition for property. Now come to the point, according to a survey the crisis all over the world will be end up in the mid of the year 2010 and Dubai is the part of this world, so it is expected that prices of property will be adjust when the present crisis will shut down.

This is the time to invest either it a property business or any other field, rewards will be awarded in the mid of next year hopefully...

So INVEST IN DUBAI PROPERTY IS ONE OF THE BEST CHOICE FOR INVESTMENT ... bayut(dot)com . . . (one of the largest online UAE property portal)
Hi Sheraz,

What's your email address? I have a client looking for a good deal in Dubai Marina! That should be something selling at OP or under. If you have something to recommend with a serious distressed seller, then we could be having a deal.

Regards,

Rammah

C

celes

seems singapore property very hot recently

maybe can consider buy house in singapore

7wonder

Hi, why not look in Northern Cyprus. Excellent property choice and competitive prices.

KofiLGS

KofiLGS

I would invest in the US if you want to buy and hold or buy and let. The market is at the bottom. The next 12-24 months we should see home sales increase.

M

MichaelReilly

Try St Kitts - great properties and you can also gain economic citizenship which offers visa free travel across EU - some good tax advantages as well. try Ocean's Edge St.Kitts for more information

J

JMBroad

More news on Brazil:

Confirmed on the 2nd of October that Rio de Janeiro will host the 2016 Olympic games, a mere two years after Brazil hosts the 2014 FIFA World Cup

Confirmed on the 5th of October that Brazil, having paid off the 33.9 billion US$ loan they had with the International Monetary Fund a mere five years ago has now bought 10 billion US$ in IMF Bonds, thus becoming a Creditor to the IMF for the first time in history.

KofiLGS

KofiLGS

My personal opinion is you should invest in US. Though someones says the market is at the bottom but the market is in a good condition now. It is recovering now. Actually if investment in US depends mainly on choosing location.
I agree. Right now, if you purchase an investment in a nice suburb of CA, TX, AZ, NY, FL, WA, MD/DC, you will see nice returns 24-36 months out. In the US we are back at 2000-2003 prices.

C

colombiacommercial

Hii .I love colombia.I think colombia is the best place for the purchasing the new real estate properties.

M

Michael J Beckerman

Romania

Most experts agree that Romania still offers the best investment opportunities in Europe, and second only to Brazil internationally. The exception is in the big commercial development sector, due to the banking situation, but for the small private investor the possibilities still sound too good to be true, but are. Why? Areas like Tranyslvania have not caught the Bucharest fever, and although increasing in value every year, land and village houses are still not only affordable, but wonderful places to holiday or live. Rural communities have no history of bank loans, so are only mildly affected by global matters, and the sales of reclaimed land is releasing cash for owners to relocate, so the market is active. A village house, fully modernised, with land, in a tranquil setting can be completed for the cost of an extension to a UK house! It is still the place to look, and much of the country is undiscovered sheer beauty.

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

Hi,
I love Turkey which I think is the best place for investment properties :alberteinstein:

R

Rammah

Turkey without a doubt!

Turkey 100%!!!!

I've just been back from a strategic investment trip to Istanbul and the Turkish Riviera, and I have concluded some excellent investment opportunities to be had there!

All of the following play in favour of that market:

1- The demographic numbers with a boiling domestic market. (especially in Istanbul)
2- The booming tourism sector.
3- The recent access to competitive mortgage products! (starting with Interest rates as low as 5%, and LTV reaching 90% in some cases).
4- The increasing demand from international investors of several nationalities such as those who were attracted to Dubai until recently, but are now clearly switching interest to the Turkish market, such as Iranians, Iraqis, Pakistanis, and many others.
5- The political stance of the Turkish government which is opening up to the entire world, and managing to be in good relations with almost all the countries of the East and the Middle East, as well as Europe and the West)!

If you'd like to find some of the most attractive products whether as an investment or a holiday home in Turkey, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07940978127 or email: rammahtaan [at] hotmail [dot] com

Note: I have access to some products that come with high rental guarantees (ie: 9.5% for 5 years),and for bulk investors, I even have tailor-made projects that come with a developer's "buy back" guarantee at a profit of 15% in exactly 12 months!

Regards,

Rammah

Last edited:
H

hazri

Malaysia...as one of the tax heaven country,its developing fast and had a great value for a property

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

Turkey 100%!!!!

I've just been back from a strategic investment trip to Istanbul and the Turkish Riviera, and I have concluded some excellent investment opportunities to be had there!

All of the following play in favour of that market:

1- The demographic numbers with a boiling domestic market. (especially in Istanbul)
2- The booming tourism sector.
3- The recent access to competitive mortgage products! (starting with Interest rates as low as 5%, and LTV reaching 90% in some cases).
4- The increasing demand from international investors of several nationalities such as those who were attracted to Dubai until recently, but are now clearly switching interest to the Turkish market, such as Iranians, Iraqis, Pakistanis, and many others.
5- The political stance of the Turkish government which is opening up to the entire world, and managing to be in good relations with almost all the countries of the East and the Middle East, as well as Europe and the West)!

If you'd like to find some of the most attractive products whether as an investment or a holiday home in Turkey, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07940978127 or email: rammahtaan [at] hotmail [dot] com

Note: I have access to some products that come with high rental guarantees (ie: 9.5% for 5 years),and for bulk investors, I even have tailor-made projects that come with a developer's "buy back" guarantee at a profit of 15% in exactly 12 months!

Regards,

Rammah
Hi Rammah,
I have an investment property for sale can you help me sell it. :D

M

mickthepropertyguru

I like Istanbul also. Also like Brazil but couldn't say where as I haven't been there.
Some day though :)
With Istanbul, it would have to be a structure that is earthquake proof if there is such a thing as there is one almighty quake expected in a few decades.
Hey Tylerbabe, that apartment is taking some time to shift, only buyers now are lifestyle buyers. Hope yous sell it ;)

E

ExperienceInt.Dale

NORTH EAST BRAZIL, CARIBBEAN or some PHILIPPINE ISLANDS ARE A GOOD BET ! NOT THE BEST TIME TO INVEST IN EUROPE....

R

Rammah

I like Istanbul also. Also like Brazil but couldn't say where as I haven't been there.
With Istanbul, it would have to be a structure that is earthquake proof if there is such a thing as there is one almighty quake expected in a few decades.
Hey Tylerbabe, that apartment is taking some time to shift, only buyers now are lifestyle buyers. Hope yous sell it ;)

Hi Mick, I just secured an exclusive deal till end of Feb on a great project in Istanbul if you are interested.

£32K for a 1 bed, 6.4% rental guarantee for 3 yrs, 65% LTV mortgage available. [Completion Dec 2010].

If you are flying to Istanbul within the next 8 weeks, I can arrange for you to see the master plan and some of the buildings that have been completed on it already. .
After the 8 weeks pre-launch exclusivity I have, the project won't be around for too long because it'll be going to the local market which is very hot on such propositions.

Regards,

Rammah

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

Hi Mick no not sold yet what is a lifestyle buyer then :help: