Which country should I buy in?

M

Michelle Alden

Asia is definitely the best location for investment though there can be risks associated with investing in that area but if you are looking for a great return in the long-term then I say go or It.

A

AMSNZ

If you want to buy at the bottom of the market then New Zealand is a good place to buy. The problem is for those capital growth lovers, who knows how long it is going to take for the market to gain some real traction.

D

DaveSmith

AnotherPropertyGuy: Make sure the neighborhood is what you are looking for. Go to the neighborhood at different times of the day and night to get a feel for the area. Local neighborhood information is important when moving into a new area. Also, find an experienced agent that is looking out for your best interests, knows the area and can connect you with a property that you will enjoy.

A

Albert510

I think you need to consider the two Options...
NZ
Australia
USA and UK are the best place to live but the property is really too costly there as compare to the KIWIS Island and Aussies area...

P

ptemple

in UAE, dubai is the best place to invest.

Covering the area of 64 million square feet, consisting of over 200 buildings and located next to Burj Downtown Dubai with easy access to Shaikh Zayed Road, Business Bay is acclaimed as the new business capital of Dubai.

According to the recent real estate study, the rents of one bedroom go in the range of Dh50, 000 to Dh70, 000; while two-bedrooms cost between Dh85, 000 and Dh90, 000 annually and three bedrooms between Dh95, 000 and Dh110, 000. Business Bay is one of the greatest developments that serve as the main commercial marketplace in Dubai.
Really? Dubai rents slashed, vacancy levels on the rise - Real Estate - ArabianBusiness.com

Doesn't sound such a good business investment to me...

Phillip.

P

pattaya

Property is a great investment. And it is important that you are knowledgeable when you plan to buy investment properties in the right way for you to avoid any future problems that is unnecessary. Africa is also growing in property market. Tunisia market property market is very new. It is an up and coming property market.
You are right about this , you need to be 100% informed to know what , where and when to make this investment.

A

AMSNZ

With between 4 - 6 Billion dollars being spent on housing in Christchurch New Zealand after the recent earthquake, there must be some fantasic opportunities available?
It been a while since I posted here and have found this comment above. Obviously things have moved on since October last year. The figure required to rebuild Christchurch is now between 25 - 30 billion dollars. Let the good times begin.

M

mariaambugnao

Banned
Buying a property in the Philippines would be your best choice. Aside from the affordability, houses or condos here are well designed and beautiful. Aside from the beautiful condos, people are also hospitable wherein you can really enjoy your stay in our country! <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nantucketwalk

Buying a property is one of the biggest commitments you can make in a lifetime. Especially for the first home owner. - If you are thinking of purchasing your first home or a home to live in pls factor in a minimum 3% increase into your repayments and make sure you can still live comfortably.

Australian house prices are severely and seriously unaffordable. I see property price rate than I see the low property rate is US after that NW , After that UK and high property rate from all is Australian. I advise to you that if you are invest on UK is better from all because the property rate of UK is not high and even not low . UK is best for property .

Thanks &A regards

Ken Mars

J

juhdy

Aside from UAE, Philippines is a great country to invest. Properties in the metropolitan areas are rising again. For example, property prices in Bonifacio Global City are expected to increase between 3% and 4% after a year (according to Colliers International). :trytofly:

B

bansalnitesh07

buy in india

I think India will be the best option to buy a property

J

jefferywhite81

I think to invest money in real estate development business in Miami region is the best option.

Peter Ryan

Peter Ryan

It depends on whether we are talking about relocation or investment. In terms of relocation, clearly this is a question of personal opinion, and I suppose the answer for you should be whatever country you love the most. With regards to investment, France is great for long term stability, lots of people are investing in Spain as they think it has hit rock bottom so are making the most of the 'bargains', but it's dependant on so many different factors e.g. length of investment, income, costs of property etc. I think it would be difficult to answer such a complex question accurately on a blog post... a conversation would possibly be better.

P.S. The astute among you may have noticed that I have already posted a similar reply on another post... this is because I feel as though the same response fits in quite well. So apologies if this offends anyone!

P

PropertyBargainsOverseas

As much as I've heard alot about Asia Recently, It does also depend on whether it will be purely Investment or for Holiday home use as well.

Had you thought about Croatia? You can get some excellent Bargains there, still relatively good to rent out either short or long term, and great for a holiday too.....

C

ceema.datta

Since foreigners are forbidden from acquiring real properties in Thailand, they have chosen to purchase the next best thing. Acquisition of condominium units have become the simplest and most trouble-free substitute for foreigners who want to own real property in the country.

Although foreign ownership of condominium units is allowed, acquisition thereof is limited to a maximum of forty-nine percent (49%) of the whole building.

Another method of indirectly acquiring real property in Thailand is through a long-term lease. Although the non-Thai is merely considered as a lessee in this case, he is converted into the virtual owner of the leased premises since the lease agreement may be drafted in such a way as to render the agreement binding for a very long time, the maximum period of which is for thirty (30) years.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
In these days the best country for buying a property is Dubai. Dubai has become the most visited country. Today there are a lot of investments are being done in Dubai. Dubai provides a investor every opportunity with better facilities.
Is this the same Dubai where thousands of investors have lost all their money because the developments they bought in have never materialised or been halted halfway to being complete?
Buying in Dubai is the road to ruin.

P

pamelanathan

I think countries in Asia or in UAE will the best choice for you! I have a friend who enjoy these places and he is encouraging me to buy a property in this places.

S

santos.phil

There are a lot of countries that you can go thru. Why not try to buy properties in the Philippines. There are a lot of good properties here, and you would be able to choose the preferences that you would want. I hope that everything would work out here so that things would be great.

A

Albainbridge

Cyprus

If property prices in Cyprus are not at an all time low then they never will be.
Just don't have any funds in their banks. For obvious reasons!

M

marlenemayes56

Australian based real estate

Hi everyone! This thread gave me a lot of good information n Eastern Europe. Haven't thought about Sri Lanka but I have heard the country has good culture.