Which country should I buy in?

A

arrighi

I heard Portugal and Spain still offer very good deal less than 150000 euros for a nice villa

A

Aaryan Lehan

Bangalore Property

As you have said you are pessimistic about US, UK, Australia, New Zealand etc. I would suggest you to buy property in Bangalore,India. As it is a good place to live in with amenities just as you want them to be, eco-friendly, serene and cool. Not too gaudy but yes these properties are worth investing on.

N

Nigel Bell

As this property forum goes back to 2007, the where to buy question depends really on when. Over the last 7 years lots of markets have been hot and cold, so the question is therefore how much of a risk do you want to take on capital appreciation, are you looking for an investment income or do you simply want a holiday home.

If you want safety then it does not really matter where you buy (subject to political stability) so long as you follow the golden rule of buying the worst property in the best area of that town or city and at market value. Political stability is important though as you dont want to buy in a country where its possible for the government to change real estate policy and take your property.

One of the potentially hottest markets on the planet will be Cuba. Its difficult to buy there at the minute but if and when the political situation with the US softens and the government embrace democracy aligned with the US legal system or similar then the returns are potentially very high.

Most European Cities (particularly capital cities) are safer long term bets. However, if you are looking for somewhere beautiful and unspoilt with medium term returns there are parts of Romania that are mind blowing. A Saxon house for sale in a Saxon village for 40,000 Euro or a great city centre apartment in Bucharest for less than 1,000 euro per square metre.

Good luck and happy hunting.

W

webbguy

I would suggest Philippines. Its economy is expanding more than economist projection. It is also now the fastest growing economy next to China

V

victorharvey

It’s depend on you because over the world many country. If you want investment in real estate there is many things you keep it in mind. Like Country economic suctions, Yearly group average etc. Moreover you can contact with brokers and i am sure they guide you properly which country is suitable for investment according to your needs.

M

Mathew23

Investing in the US is very easy if you've got the money. You'll just have to research the particular property or area so that you'll have your ROI in the future..Good luck!

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Personally I think the UK is becoming better and better value in the longer term. Maybe hang on a little longer until the Brexit impact hits rock bottom and then pick up some cheap assets for the longer term. A deal will be done and the EU and UK will continue to trade.

L

Lory1pips

You might want to consider Medellin because it is one of the most appealing places in the world to shop for an apartment you could use part time and rent out when you’re elsewhere for steady cash flow. More European than Latin American, Medellin is also one of the most pleasant places in the world to spend time thanks to its temperate climate, first-world infrastructure, great restaurants, and café culture.

R

realdeals

Are there any countries within the EU which have appeal in the longer term? Maybe countries which might benefit a little from Brexit?

I

Ishan

Hey! You should consider investing in Dubai's real estate market. There are various reasons why it is good market to invest in like:
Expo 2020 is coming to Dubai
Dubai is hosting the next World Expo in October 2020. The Expo will attract approximately 25 million visitors from 180 nations. The announcement of the Expo in Dubai has boosted the off-plan property sector. Investors who are buying property near the Expo will receive a high return on investment. The Expo's duration is six months and millions of visitors will need to rent property. The rental demand will be high, enabling landlords the flexibility to increase rents.

High return on investment
Dubai's real estate market is maturing as the city's population is increasing each year. Investors aware of the growing demographic are wisely purchasing property to supply the boost in rent demand.

Dubai's tourism industry is booming
Dubai's economy incorporates tourism, trade, business services and other industries. The construction of new hotels and real estate projects is a direct result of Dubai's growing tourism industry.

Low crime rate
The sense of safety is a major advantage of buying property in Dubai. Minor crimes are also unlikely. Do not worry if you accidently leave your wallet visible in your car. It is highly unlikely to be stolen.

No annual property taxes
Investing in Dubai's real estate market is tax-free. Purchasing a commercial or residential property will not include taxes. Once the property is purchased, owners will not be obliged to pay additional taxes in the future.

Dubai's population is growing
Property project launches in Dubai are estimated to increase as its population grows each year. The Dubai Statistics Centre announced that Dubai's population in January 2016 was 2.4 million and will reach 5.2 million by 2030.
Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

john8889

Malaysia is one of the country worth to invest or retire. Although this is Islamic country, but it was stable, not threat of radical militants. The country economic is rather stable and good.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Has Malaysia been hit hard by the coronavirus?

Might there be an opportunity to buy in lower down if the virus continues to spread and impact world wide economic growth?

H

Hazel Ryan

Dubai's economic condition is faring far better than the rest of the world, even amidst the coronavirus. The country is providing more than any other in the world. It's undoubtedly factual that the aftermath will be better than anywhere else too. Therefore, Dubai will obviously be the best option in 2020 & zoomproperty.com is the best platform to purchase or rental houses.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I see the Saudi royal family have been investing in cruise shippping company Carnival. These people take a long term view on investments which many of us could learn from.

H

Hazel Ryan

In Dubai, which is one of the top places in the world because of the 20 million tourists and foreign visits it gets every year, you can buy freehold properties in 23 zones. Most of these zones are conveniently located near the Expo 2020 site. Since the expo has been delayed, that has provided developers time to complete more projects and investors the time to invest more. Because the return is as good as guaranteed. Here are some of the freehold zones of Dubai:
1. Dubai Marina
2. Downtown Dubai
3. International City
4. Jumeirah Village Circle
5. Palm Jumeirah
6. Jumeirah Lake Towers
7. Dubai Silicon Oasis
8. Business Bay
9. Dubai Sports City
10. Arabian Ranches 1 & 2
11. Palm Jumeirah
12. Dubailand
13. The Villa
14. The Springs
15. Emirates Hill
16. Mudon
17. Damac Hills
18. The Meadows

J

johnnyy

sounds cool, tnx for sharing. I think Dubai is a top place for investment but it's quite expensive

S

SmithAdolf

I am a frequent traveler across the globe. For the last decade, the Caribbean has become the centre of attraction. Indeed, I loved the Cayman property. I tried rental property but now I want to buy a residential property in the Cayman Islands and want to get settled down in the Cayman Islands. There are many benefits of buying a property in Cayman such as it is tax-free, any foreign citizen can buy the property and rules are also very eased. I contacted many locals to find a good option for residential property but did not get the perfect one. Later on, I contacted West Indies Brokers who showed me all the options along with luxurious amenities and sea-front. I loved the property.

Last edited:
D

Dora Wi

Interesting discussion. There are so many options around the globe. Nowadays, holiday homes are very popular. You could also look into AirBnB's, those can be profitable pretty much anywhere where there are tourist destinations.

B

bracknelson

If I were you so definitely I would love to have a property in UAE and the reason is simple the growth which I will get from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc can't get from any other country in my opinion.