Which country should I buy in?

E

Eco-rich

I have just sold a property in New Zealand and am looking for a new home for my money.

I am pessimistic about property prices in US, UK, Australia and New Zealand.

I wonder how much further Eastern Europe will rise or whether it is peaking.

My gut feeling is that Asia is the best place for risk/reward at present.

Which country do you think I should invest in and why?
Hi
Thailand seems to have alot of potential in different sectors.
Have you travelled to the kingdom before?

E

ExperienceInt.Dale

In my opinion one of the best places to invest at the moment in Asia is the Philippines. There is a development called Continent Fairways situated on the Fairway and Bluewater Golf Course on Borocay island, consisting of 1 beds and 2 bed apartments from $110,000 offering a minimum of 14% net rental guarantee per annum ($15,500 net for 5 years) there is also the Blue Coral resort from the same developer situated on Mactan Island,Cebu region which is almost sold out but a few remaining hotel studios from £52K and 2-3 bed beach front Villas from £129K, all come luxuriously furnished with 60% finance available, the island is stunning and huge growth potential in tourism coming from China, South Koreans, Singapore etc... they are voted to have some of the best beaches in the world, the demgraphics also stack up due to strong growth in tourism alongside huge foreign investment and infrastructural support. Demand is "key" when investing and there seems to be a high demand for premium beach front property which is outstripping supply...

* The Philippines is readily accessible from major travel capitals of the world
* An archipelago abundant in nature, rich in culture, and filled with pleasant discoveries
* Offers some of the finest powder white beaches, magnificent coral reefs and crystal clear waters in the world
* Strategic location for global exports at the crossroads of international shipping and air lines
* Democratic government committed to free enterprise
* Well developed network of communications and transportation infrastructure
* Globally-friendly environment to international and regional trade partners and business
* Abundant mineral resources - abounds in both metallic and non-metallic mineral resources
* English widely spoken through-out
* Boom in non-traditional industries including tourism

P

Porth

Lake Como - Some good discounts

Hi, I have been looking at apartments in Lake Como, Italy. There are some distressed beautiful apartments which are going at nearly 50% discount 1& 2 bed. I like it as it is easy to get to and is easily rentable, I am hoping to get 14% yield.

Any one else have thoughts on Lake Como before I go back to my agent?

Cheers

T

thomscric83

A definitive law on real estate and a land register for foreign citizens are still being prepared in New Zeeland. Until this time, purchases are recorded in the register of ownership of the developer concerned, who undertakes in the purchase agreement to ensure a transfer in the land register as soon as it is available. Do not therefore sign an agreement that does not include a clause with this undertaking.

Last edited:
Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker

Hi guys, you might want to check out Morocco. Have you heard about L'Amandier? I've just bought there and it is an incredible lifetyle development with incredible views and only 45 mins outside Marrakech. More than that though the developer has provided a 7% rental return over 3 years, all funds are held in an ESCROW account for the 3 years and released at the start of each year, meaning risk really is at a minimum. Anyway thought you would like to lnow... Regards...

K

Kjarkata

I assume Morocco does not allow residence permits for property owners? Afterall, if you can not live in the country where you are investing can be a high risk factor.
Can you please check it out if my information is correct.

Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker

I assume Morocco does not allow residence permits for property owners? Afterall, if you can not live in the country where you are investing can be a high risk factor.
Can you please check it out if my information is correct.
Residence permit for a property owner in Morocco? Why not! I've got a guide here, but can't post a website yet(probably because I'm new here)

The Morocco government is investing huge some of money to make their country one of the top holiday destinations. Property investment there is very promising.

Regards,

Lisa

A

AMSNZ

Are you investing from offshore or living in the country you are investing in?

For me safety and freedom are important and in places not being a local is easily realised.

If it's offshore investing - nock your socks off - just be aware of local property ownership rules. :)

S

shoeb

Well it depend on your budget first i would like to say and secondly how much space you want. If you prefer middle east then i must recommend you go to Dubai where you can get back your money in short time of your investment specially in Palm residency.

M

Miley Tipton

hi,
I am new here, and want to know more about the property related things, Well I like to help my uncle in buying a property, and he is looking for abroad property investment things, and I hope this forum gonna help me a lot

A

AMSNZ

Hi MT,

Welcome to PCC.

I am new to this forum as well but have found there is a heap of good information here relating to property investment.

M

mortagage

Personally I would buy in Montenegro, Poland, Indonesia or India if I wasn't so desperate to buy in the far more expensive climes of Sydney.

M

mfo

If you are thinking of buying in cyprus, now its a good time as prices are down, but make sure you buy something WITH TITLE DEEDS!!

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Well it depend on your budget first i would like to say and secondly how much space you want. If you prefer middle east then i must recommend you go to Dubai where you can get back your money in short time of your investment specially in Palm residency.
Why would anyone want to invest in a project which is apparently sinking?
There are many reports emerging that the reclaimed ground was not given long enough to settle and the whole thing is sinking.
Also reports of problems with sewage and rats abound.
If these stories are true anyone with any sense will not risk putting money into it.

A

AMSNZ

With between 4 - 6 Billion dollars being spent on housing in Christchurch New Zealand after the recent earthquake, there must be some fantasic opportunities available?

P

propertylettingagents.inf

I have just sold a property in New Zealand and am looking for a new home for my money.

I am pessimistic about property prices in US, UK, Australia and New Zealand.

I wonder how much further Eastern Europe will rise or whether it is peaking.

My gut feeling is that Asia is the best place for risk/reward at present.

Which country do you think I should invest in and why?
Eastern Europe is the best place to buy, the up and coming country Bulgaria where you can new buy properties from as little as £3000.
This is by far the best choice in my opinion, we have 2 houses here

M

mikele

I am investing in Vietnam which turns out to be a totally different country in just a few years. Economy is developing so fast and so is the property price. It's going at the same pace as gold's price...

B

brasil4

I live in Brazil for over a year now and I think that this place is a great investment opportunity. Property prices are going higher and higher, there are new roads and developments all over the state Rio Grande do Norte. In my opinion you ca not go wrong here. There is one lovely place, about 90 km from international airport in Natal, name of teh village is Barra do Cunhau and it could not be any better. If you would like to know more about this paradise place I'm more than happy to tell you.

NZPropertyFinder

NZPropertyFinder

With between 4 - 6 Billion dollars being spent on housing in Christchurch New Zealand after the recent earthquake, there must be some fantastic opportunities available?
Sure thing Scot,

There are opportunities all over NZ at the moment.

Hadar Orkibi