Which country should I buy in?

O

okisen

in reply to bulgaria, yes it is true that in the tourist-only areas there is a over-supply and it will take time to work through those, though the very top-end properties are selling well.
The place to buy in bulgaria imo is in larger, growing cities and their subburbs,where the bulgarians themselves are buying and where the market is not only relying on tourists. prices in Varna, sofia, borgas, veliko tarnovo, ruse etc are rising 15-20%+ in 2008 which is very decent in this market. The average wealth of a bulgarian rose 28% last year, and mortgages are now becoming available and popular among the average bulgarians. GDP is growing 7%! this year. look for residential land or industrial land in the new suburbs imo and do your research. im still buying plots and there are good bargains to be had if u take your time.

other areas im looking into is northern Brazil and Belize but im still doing research.
kas

O

odond

I think the question is too global and will cause fraction on the site. I work for <snip>and give you all the good reasons to buy in France but I presume it is the same for everyone. You should narrow your search down to whether or not you want a pure investments, short term or long term, if you want to use the buy etc etc and then you can make a clear cut choice on which country you should buy in.

theflipster

theflipster

Where to invest

I have just sold a property in New Zealand and am looking for a new home for my money.

I am pessimistic about property prices in US, UK, Australia and New Zealand.

I wonder how much further Eastern Europe will rise or whether it is peaking.

My gut feeling is that Asia is the best place for risk/reward at present.

Which country do you think I should invest in and why?
Hi - if NZ government statistics are accurate you got out of NZ at the right time - I understand that prices there have begun to slip as demand and credit supply narrows.
I think south america is the next and most promising property market. Many investors think countries such as Brazil are unsophisticated but in reality they offer potential high growth over the next decade or less as economies improve and salaries increase. Brazil, again, is the best example of this with major Spanish going in to build large mediterranean resorts but at a fifth of the price. Otherwise I would suggest Egypt. Resorts such as El Gouna and Sharm El Sheikh are still at the start of the develolopment process and apartments can still be found for undre £75,000.

R

rossantony

brazil

Hi - if NZ government statistics are accurate you got out of NZ at the right time - I understand that prices there have begun to slip as demand and credit supply narrows.
I think south america is the next and most promising property market. Many investors think countries such as Brazil are unsophisticated but in reality they offer potential high growth over the next decade or less as economies improve and salaries increase. Brazil, again, is the best example of this with major Spanish going in to build large mediterranean resorts but at a fifth of the price. Otherwise I would suggest Egypt. Resorts such as El Gouna and Sharm El Sheikh are still at the start of the develolopment process and apartments can still be found for undre £75,000.

oh yes definitely egypt, i live there and things are doing very well, i have a nice report on brasil that i downloaded from the FT as well if anybody wants it...

I

investalot

Why not take a look at Grand Bahama Island, its got a lot to offer.
Grand Bahama Island lies at the northernmost point of a chain of islands known as The Bahamas (Spanish for “shallow seas “) only 60 miles from the east coast of Florida.
The island is 96 miles long west to east and 17 miles at its widest point.
Great location, all year round sunshine, 57 miles of fantastic beaches, crystal clear warm seas, Caribbean lifestyle, friendly people, safe, English speaking, great food and entertainment.
Leisure activities include golf (4 courses),sports fishing, sailing, scuba diving, all watersports, swimming with dolphins, cricket, football, tennis etc.
Purchasers of property can receive an annual Homeowners card entitling the holder and his family to stay for up to one year without visas.
No Property tax, No Inheritance tax, No Capital Gains tax, No Corporation tax, No Income tax.
Possible to rent property all year without restrictions. Shortage of homes available to rent which are suitable for foreign workers on contracts and tourists requiring more than a “condo”.
Rental yields are excellent with rental income for a 3 bed 2 bath house of $2500-$3000 per month for a one year contract.
New investment coming into the island includes Ross University, College of the Bahamas, Shipyard expansion, Fleming Group and numerous smaller investors.

Freeport the capital is a relatively new city and an International Duty Free port, founded in 1955 by American financier Wallace Groves who was given 150,000 acres in exchange for developing the island.
The roads are modern and traffic drives on the left as in the U.K. The infrastructure has been built to support a population of 250,000 people yet has only approximately 50,000 full time residents. Fresh water is in abundance and the Power Company has a modern reliable supply of electricity. Telecommunications services and facilities are state-of-the-art with direct International links provided through a 100% digital switching system. Cable television and internet are available throughout the island.
It is remarkable in this day and age to find an unspoiled place with no pollution or traffic congestion, only a 30 minute plane ride from Miami or Fort Lauderdale (home to Sawgrass Mills the largest shopping mall in the world) and 45 mins to Orlando home of Disney World.
Grand Bahama offers a chance to get in on the ground floor of some tremendous growth. The island is only just beginning to be discovered, it often reminds people of the opportunities they saw 40 years ago in Florida. Check it out !!

L

layangardens

In the last year Phuket has grown in equity for return investments and rental returns are very high as this is a sought after tourist attraction island.So as a investment, i would say the Asian market is still a very good risk.
Anymore info needed please contact me [email protected]

N

Niloofar

Dear friend
no need to think about it its very easy the most best investing in property is the united arab of emirates /dubai without loosing any thing and your mony is gurantes ,
make profit very fast .
very good weather country
my name is niloofar im heare more than 12 years i start as a reception in a very small real estate now i have my own business in property and i didnt loose any mony im still working the same broker and im ready to help you and advice you if you dont mind if you looking for investing in property dont loose atime ,
now is the best time to buy becouse the market is down .

Last edited by a moderator:
tylerbabe

tylerbabe

Hi guy,s
We live in Hisaronu Turkey a great investment 5 minutes from the Blue Lagoon Oludeniz. We live in a complex of 34 apartments very large swimming pool and rental for May-November £350 per week. You have a 2 minute walk to all the lively bar,s & resturants. Turkey is now the up and coming place to live pm me if any interest in apartments.

A

ALIYA

which country to buy in?

Abu Dhabi does not rely on the risk of it's oil running out whereas Dubai does. Abu Dhabi is the capital and property prices are high but the return is much greater.

Egypt is another area which is due to provide a high return in the long run. The investment required is not as much as the Middle East but you may have to wait before you consider reselling especially in New Cairo.

Dubai, well everyone knows about that area. Some say that the bubble will burst and they have reached their peak, others will say different. That is the risk you take if looking for a return. In hindsight it may be easy to say which investment you should have shown, but at the end of the day it depends on your budget and reason for buying.

If need more information on any of the above areas log on www.citycard.ae and register your details and a consultant will give you a list of all the available properties. Exclusive cashbacks available and discounts on pre lanch properties.

A

arsiniblatyhokom

Hi

If need to invest, maybe have a look for Bali and near from your country???? Best of lucky with your searching.....

Best regards,

Ms. Sri

D

Damian George

Guys - Australian Property Prices are still going up especially in the first home buyer market due to the Australian First Home Buyer Grant - added to this the property shortage is leading to rents going up 20% per 6mths.

Pounds to australian Dollars is currently 2.1200

why deal with problem areas like Bali?

R

Rammah

If looking for great property investments with rental programs and bank guarantees, get in touch with me for options in:

1- Turkey (I personally invested there).
2- Egypt (I studied the market upside down and cherry-picked the best projects which are very strongly backed financially and have what it takes to be a successful investment)

Regards,

Rammah

R

rowlandsbb

Rammah

Sounds fantastic that there are these property investments available in the middle of the ' worst recession world wide since the 30's!!!!!!!!!!!

Turkey and Egypt must be the only two countries in the world not affected!!!!!

J

JMBroad

You've already forgotten Brazil again, Brian!

Although I'd be interested to know why Egypt and Turkey are still considered good investments

R

Rammah

If a property is well managed and linked to the tourism industry in countries where tourism is growing, you can be assured to find "winning investments". The challenge remains to find the right people/companies to deal with, and that's where I fit into the equation since I have digged deep into the markets in order to find the right opportunities.

Regards,

Rammah

R

rowlandsbb

Sorry about that ..tell me do the banks in Brazil have money to lend to non residents for property purchase on properties not see by the buyer?