Regency Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randall

Randall

You have to pay for a dividing wall to make a bedroom in the junior suite.

L

Lsab

Yes, another £1500 I think but it's already another £2000+ than we'd anticipated so I don't think we can afford to make it 1 bed on top of that. What are you going for?

F

flip

What do you mean by prices have gone up, its still the same price in certain areas of the development. From what I can see only certain parts of the development have had the price psm increased like lower ground.

Is that correct?

L

Lsab

Yes you're right - but the junior suites are no longer 1 bed and are slightly bigger, hence the price difference. I'm not complaining but it's just going to make things a bit more difficult for us. Also the junior suites are really large studios and will cost extra to turn into 1 beds.

F

flip

When you say the junior suites are no longer 1 bed what are they now?

Randall

Randall

I feel i have been misled. I wanted to purchase a one bed junior suite.

Now i have been told the prices have gone up due to extra floor space and as said previously they are just large studios and you have to pay to put a partition up to make a bedroom.

I think i am going to leave it.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
What do you mean by prices have gone up, its still the same price in certain areas of the development. From what I can see only certain parts of the development have had the price psm increased like lower ground.

Is that correct?
Absolutly Correct and its not a big difference plus still even if youcompare it with sameprojects aroundwhich is difficult to find same still good price why people so frightened???? talk with your agent aboutpossibilities and will give you full informationsandalternatives

P

pmcloughlin

Misled maybe, probably more correctly just given a few scraps of information. You then tryto extrapolate these into a decision to invest many thousands of pounds and then have the rug pulled away by the developer, who has of course been calling the shots all along. They have to make money, but a lot of people have had time wasted here. If all cards had been put on the table to start with we would probably have looked elsewhere.

R

redangel7861

What's wrong

Misled maybe, probably more correctly just given a few scraps of information. You then tryto extrapolate these into a decision to invest many thousands of pounds and then have the rug pulled away by the developer, who has of course been calling the shots all along. They have to make money, but a lot of people have had time wasted here. If all cards had been put on the table to start with we would probably have looked elsewhere.
Guy's what seems to be the problem here, I was under the impression (according to RealEstate) that Regency Beach is a great development
and all looked well. There seem to be a lot of dissapointed people here,
surely the developers haven't changed the goal posts on launch???

Did they underprice the development,hence increasing the apartment sizes???

Regards
RED

Randall

Randall

My problem is i signed to pay 24.999 for a one bed junior suite. What i am offered is a large room a few thousand pounds more and pay 1500 for a partition to convert the room into a bedroom at a later date.

L

Lsab

On which floor were you hoping to buy the junior suite Randall - and how much have you been quoted? (Without the dividing wall)

L

Lsab

We'd originally been told £30,475 for top floor, but it now comes in at £32,775 - without the dividing wall. I'm starting to dither but one of the reasons that we chose Regency Beach was because of the reputation of the developer and of course, that it's frontline. I don't know of anything else (frontline) at these prices.

R

redangel7861

Isab.

I would'nt dither. Even though I have not purchased on this development you can't go wrong with frontine beach. For two thousand pounds you may regret the decision as prices begin to escalate. There are not many developments that are actually frontline beach, and this is one of them.

Don't be put off by the small increase in price - you are getting a bigger apartment for your money.

Regards
Red

L

Lsab

Thanks Red, thats helped a lot, especially as I was dithering on the 'go-ahead-anyway' side!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Isab just remember that front line beach will always be in demand, no matter where you are and Regency Beach is going to be a great project. One thing is for sure, an apartment in this position is never going to get any cheaper.

R

redangel7861

Thanks Red, thats helped a lot, especially as I was dithering on the 'go-ahead-anyway' side!
Calm Down..calm down no need to shout. Just trying to help. :( (won't in future).

Regards
Red

L

Lsab

Sorry Red - that's what I hate about email - no emotion in the 'voice'. Promise I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic - I really meant thanks a lot. I was erring on the side of buying anyway and your post helped me see that I was making the right decision. Then when I read your reply and re-read mine, I can see how it 'sounded' bad. I value your advise especially as you seem to know the business - this is only our second property - one small studio in Dubai, so any input is always gratefully recieved. Once again, apologies if I came across as anything but sincere.

L

Lsab

Hi Isab just remember that front line beach will always be in demand, no matter where you are and Regency Beach is going to be a great project. One thing is for sure, an apartment in this position is never going to get any cheaper.
Hi Peter, Of course you're right plus Nick put my mind at rest. Thanks again

Linda

R

redangel7861

Sorry Red - that's what I hate about email - no emotion in the 'voice'. Promise I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic - I really meant thanks a lot. I was erring on the side of buying anyway and your post helped me see that I was making the right decision. Then when I read your reply and re-read mine, I can see how it 'sounded' bad. I value your advise especially as you seem to know the business - this is only our second property - one small studio in Dubai, so any input is always gratefully recieved. Once again, apologies if I came across as anything but sincere.
:)
Isab.

No problems, (i've just managed to wipe away the tears LOL).

But honestly, I really think Regency beach will be very lucrative for you in many years to come - frontline beach is always in massive demand. If I hadn't purchased on Hania beach then Regency beach would have been my choice.

Well done and good luck with Regency.

Kind Regards
RED

Status
Not open for further replies.