Regency Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lyndsay552

I agree with julie and as a purchaser in both towers and beach I have 100% faith in Andy. he has delivered and excellent product with the towers, which is more than i can sa for other major developers in hurghada. And as you say he is an english builder and the money is paid to a uk solicitor. what more can you ask for?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
The Regency Brand from PHW is a great idea; they have a modern thinking architect making the best use of space and controlling as many of the quality issues as possible in house. Its a great formula and I have no problem recommending them. One thing is sure; even though they are a young company the UK system is far more transparant than in Egypt and if there is anything you need to check the information is there for the asking!

A

awahee123

Banned
Regency

Hi everyone. I am very new to this forum but I have been following people’s posts regarding the Regency development over the last week.

The Regency development sounds really good and comparing to other developments in the area it sounds like the best one to choose. However I am surprised to see that no one has once queried the developer. Why is everyone so confident about paying large payment up front for something they can not see with there own eyes to a new developer they have never dealt with or heard of before in a non EU country which law is not as straight as ours?

I am slightly worried, but also really want to go ahead and put a reservation fee down. Could some one please offer me any information or proof about the developer which gave them the confidence to go ahead? Apart from the obvious reason that you trust your agent, the developer built Regency Towers, Joe Calzaghe has brought an apartment there, they are UK based and you make payments through an escrow account. Because to me this is not sufficient enough? Has anyone checked up the company? Is there proof of purchase of the land? How is the developer funding the project? Is it funded just with our first payments? and if that the case what happens if the project never finishes for a certain reason or the company goes bankrupt? Because in my eyes if this is a new company starting up which is purely relying on our deposits to fund the development then a lot of the risk is on us so in return I would expect to pay a cheaper price for my apartment. (I know the prices are relatively cheap compared to the other developers and Hania beach but when you start adding on the extras and looking at the front apartments then it starts to get more pricey!)

If im talking rubbish then someone please says because like I said I really want to go ahead with the purchase. But I would need a 100% trust on the developer as the risk isn’t the developer it is buying a apartment in Egypt.

It would be good to hear from the few people who have met the developer over Egypt or have brought from Regency Towers.

Hi Hurghada,

You are right to be vigilant about any developer / agent do your homework before you decide to put a deposit down on any development.
As you can see there is a lot of advice on the forum regarding Regency
you will find this comes mainly from agents,make your own mind up and find out some facts before proceeding.
It is always good to know who the owners are and to get some history on them,just because they are a certain nationality doesn't mean they will always deliver the goods.
Have a look at Regency towers which is their first development,this should show you what quality of finish to expect.
Once you feel happy with what you see then go ahead. Do go and have a look if you haven't already this way you can see what is currently around the proposed development,Regency Beach I would say has to be a long term investment,These are my thoughts.Thankyou for reading.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi

I recently visited Hurghada and one of my visits was with the developer of Regency Towers/Beach. I thought Andy was really on the ball, he knows exactly what he wants, has a clear vision,and has lots of added touches with the customer at the forefront. Regency Towers was very impressive, the apartment finish was fab,attention to detail, and very modern with british developer and wife has business doing the furniture package.However there were few remaining and the rooftop communal area had excellent views but did not allow under 16 year olds( that counted me out with a 10yr old) Regency Beach was one of my choices and i visited the location, ( beautiful area) but i chose the Oasis Resort which is close by on the same road as its completion date is this year and not 2009.
I wouldnt have any hesitation in this developer whatsover, he has been out in Hurghada for some years and is committed to delivering on time and to high standards. Hope this helps.
100% correct

D

dunkan

After carefull consideration i've decided this isnt for me and have asked for my reservation deposit back.

I wish all of you private buyers all the best for the future and hope it all goes to plan.

Thankyou to all for info and pictures its been most helpfull :)

Regards
Dunk

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Hi

After carefull consideration i've decided this isnt for me and have asked for my reservation deposit back.

I wish all of you private buyers all the best for the future and hope it all goes to plan.

Thankyou to all for info and pictures its been most helpfull :)

Regards
Dunk
Hi Dunkan,

Heard the news and just wanted to know why you didnt feel confident about proceeding. If you dont want to post your reasons then pm me. Are you giving up on the red sea altogether?

Regards

Westmids33

R

redangel7861

Looks like there are quite a few unhappy people on the Regency beach thread. After the release of the plans many people, for some reason are very unhappy with the official release (some are even pulling out of the development). Just an observation on my part no judgment being passed.

Regards
RED

R

redangel7861

Looks like there are quite a few unhappy people on this thread. After the release of the plans many people, for some reason are very unhappy with the official release (some are even pulling out of the development). Just an observation on my part no judgment being passed.

May I ask why people are so dissapointed???? Certain individuals were raving about this development over others on other threads (Hania Beach front thread to be more precise) and I just want to get to the bottom of what the problem is with the release.

This is just for my experience so I know what to look out for when the Hania Beach development is released in mid March 08.

Regards
RED

L

Lsab

Afternoon Red

For us it meant stretching the cash a bit further. Our main disappointment was that the junior suite is no longer a 1 bed. On the plus side it's a bit bigger and we can convert it to a 1 bed - stretching the cash further still! After weighing everything up and getting lots of good advise, including yours,:) we think it's still a great development and we're not going to pull out.

J

jakakuk

Floor Plan

anyone out there know where i can get floor plans for the villas on regency beach--ive seen photos and specs but no floor plans--thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Hi

anyone out there know where i can get floor plans for the villas on regency beach--ive seen photos and specs but no floor plans--thanks
Hi

Have you asked the developer? Property Hotspots Worldwide?

Regards

Westmids33

R

redangel7861

Make sure all details are cleared up

any one got a copy of the latest apartment sizes and floorplans ,im not sure what im buying anymore !
The Regency launch does'nt seem to have gone well at all. Was there not a launch presentation where investors could clarify the confusion that seems to be going on.

I suggest you either speak to the developer or the agent that sold you regency. That's where the agent earns his commission. Either speak to him by phone or send him an e-mail detailing the exact points that you want clarified. Only then would I proceed. If you are unsure about even one point then I would not go along with this development.

There are many agents on this thread who are selling Regency why don't you try PM them with your questions, I'm sure they'll be more that happy to help, the agents on this board are very friendly and helpful:D

Regards
RED

F

flip

Disbursement fees include:
Certified copy Power of Attorney And Contract £ 25.00
- Foreign Office Fee £ 27.00
- Egyptian Embassy Fee £ 20.00
- Documents Fee £ 85.00
- Translation Fee £ 40.00
- Bank Payments and Admin Fees £ 60.00
- Registration, Stamp Duty, Egyptian Legal Fees £ 350.00
- Special Delivery, Document & Courier Fees (Egypt) £ 40.00

Lyndsay
Thanks Lyndsay:)

L

lyndsay552

any one got a copy of the latest apartment sizes and floorplans ,im not sure what im buying anymore !
What is it you are not sure about? I have spoken to property hotspots on the phone a few times so may be able to help.

Lyndsay

K

krisu

Hi any one know what’s the progress with allocating apartments?
They said that they are gonna be in touch towards the end of the week, but I haven’t heard anything so far.:(

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi any one know what’s the progress with allocating apartments?
They said that they are gonna be in touch towards the end of the week, but I haven’t heard anything so far.:(
hi may be you should contact your agent or hotspot office as the allocation file is released

V

VICKIG

Regency Beach is located in a good up and coming area and this is what you are obviously paying extra for compared to other sites.

I agree with Awaheel that you should maybe go and check out the other properties that they have finished/finishing before you make any decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.