Infinity Express

D

dollygal

Hi everyone,
I have found a great website in English for people who live or rent property in and around Fethiye. I have joined and there are some very good articles including one on Income tax that we will have to pay if we rent out our properties.
http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk
As far as I can see this site covers all kinds of articles, I have only read a few articles but I would advise all members of this thread to join the Fethiye times and also read this pamphlet written by the Turkish tax department. http://www.gib.gov.tr/fileadmin/beyannamerehberi/rental_income.pdf:eek:
I am not trying to scare anyone with this but its an extra outlay that I didnt know about.
Enjoy the site as its worth reading and tells you about things going on in the area, and perhaps we as members of the Country Club could participate with some information etc.
All the best Dave (SUAVE):)
Thanks for that Dave, although quite honestly I am beginning to wonder if we will ever get our properties rented. If all the facilities are not put in place they will not be very attractive to renters as we are rather in the middle of nowhere and not even near the sea. Let's hope things turn out better in the end.:confused:

S

SUAVE

Thanks for that Dave, although quite honestly I am beginning to wonder if we will ever get our properties rented. If all the facilities are not put in place they will not be very attractive to renters as we are rather in the middle of nowhere and not even near the sea. Let's hope things turn out better in the end.:confused:
We unfortunatley as others I have spoken to have written this year off as earning anything off rental as you cant rent it out if they are still building on it. If they charge us a maintenance fee for this year I think they will be taking the p*ss.:(
We have just had notification off them that only the pool and bar will be finished and everything else will be done after summer in phase 2. I dont know why they cant carry on working as its only going to be there clients on site, and there clients who will be wanting it all finished asap so that we can get some renting done and some money coming in.
Enough of the ranting now.:eek:
Its gonna be real good when its done and as soon as the Country Club web site is up and running we should be able to get every ones opinion hopefully.
But any way heres to summer and some cheap hols by the pool
Dave (suave)

L

Lysos

I'm a great fan of Turkey, having had over 15 holidays there, most recently two weeks ago, a fantastic golf holiday in Belek. I have no financial interest in this project but would like to comment from the sidelines, so to speak. I would never consider buying property for holidays in Turkey as the hotels offer such fantastic deals. If buying to let remember that the season is when you might have tenants; don't think you can use it in peak season for yourself if you want to maximise returns. Realise that letting returns might cover your running costs and make some contribution to your mortgage, but you are not going to make a positive return on your 'investment'. If that is your aim then go for the long term rental market in city centres - this applies in any country.

As for this particular development, well it is to consist of just 76 properties. Even if fully occupied the numbers would not justify the provision of the promised facilities on financial grounds - shopping centre,restaurant, sports facilities, doctor etc. These will not be part of your sales contract so if the develper does not provide them, there is little you can do. However, dollygal posts the most apt comment - it is 'in the middle of nowhere' !. The provision of horse riding & billiards tables is irrelevant !. Your potential tenants want to be near the sea, the beach, a wide choice of shops & restaurants, bars & entertainments. When there is such an oversupply of rental accommodation available in Turkish coastal resorts, why would anyone choose to rent here ?.

I hope the purchasers enjoy their time here, because there will be few others wanting to stay.

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

I'm a great fan of Turkey, having had over 15 holidays there, most recently two weeks ago, a fantastic golf holiday in Belek. I have no financial interest in this project but would like to comment from the sidelines, so to speak. I would never consider buying property for holidays in Turkey as the hotels offer such fantastic deals. If buying to let remember that the season is when you might have tenants; don't think you can use it in peak season for yourself if you want to maximise returns. Realise that letting returns might cover your running costs and make some contribution to your mortgage, but you are not going to make a positive return on your 'investment'. If that is your aim then go for the long term rental market in city centres - this applies in any country.

As for this particular development, well it is to consist of just 76 properties. Even if fully occupied the numbers would not justify the provision of the promised facilities on financial grounds - shopping centre,restaurant, sports facilities, doctor etc. These will not be part of your sales contract so if the develper does not provide them, there is little you can do. However, dollygal posts the most apt comment - it is 'in the middle of nowhere' !. The provision of horse riding & billiards tables is irrelevant !. Your potential tenants want to be near the sea, the beach, a wide choice of shops & restaurants, bars & entertainments. When there is such an oversupply of rental accommodation available in Turkish coastal resorts, why would anyone choose to rent here ?.

I hope the purchasers enjoy their time here, because there will be few others wanting to stay.
Very interesting post Lysos. Whilst I agree with some of your points, I beg to differ regarding renters all wanting to be near the coast with shops, entertainment and restaurants on tap. It's horses for courses; I would much rather be in the countryside experiencing a more local flavour than stuck in a sterile purpose built resort such as Belek or Lara Beach.

I have a friend who has a collection of cottages about 15 miles from the Country Club, again 'in the middle of nowhere' - she is fully booked from May to October 2010 proving that not everyone wants to be by the sea and be surrounded by all the 'typical tourist facilities'.

S

SUAVE

Very interesting post Lysos. Whilst I agree with some of your points, I beg to differ regarding renters all wanting to be near the coast with shops, entertainment and restaurants on tap. It's horses for courses; I would much rather be in the countryside experiencing a more local flavour than stuck in a sterile purpose built resort such as Belek or Lara Beach.

I have a friend who has a collection of cottages about 15 miles from the Country Club, again 'in the middle of nowhere' - she is fully booked from May to October 2010 proving that not everyone wants to be by the sea and be surrounded by all the 'typical tourist facilities'.
Yep Lysos you may have a point with some things but on our contact it does say all the Country Club facilities as it probably does on most peoples as well. We bought for the reason that it is a self contained unit away from the madding crowd. I also know that when its fully completed I will be able to fill it quite easily as I did a test on one of the booking sites and found that most people would book the Country Club rather than a tacky holiday hotel near the beach or an apartment as well.
The idea of the country club is unique and that alone should sell it.:D
Dave (suave)

L

Lysos

Cazholly & Suave,

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong !. The slight contradiction here is that if people want the 'away from it all' experience then one presumes they aren't looking for the promised 'facilities'. Also, Dave I'm very interested to hear that the provision of the facilities is actually in your sales contract. Most unusual; normally it would only be concerned with the actual property you are buying.

As for 'tacky holiday hotels' my hotel in Belek was anything but and the golf courses were excellent. I agree 'tacky' exists in abundance (Marmaris for example) but I still maintain the majority of families are looking for beach/sea access.

Time will tell. Good luck !.

C

Cazzholly

Cazholly & Suave,

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong !. The slight contradiction here is that if people want the 'away from it all' experience then one presumes they aren't looking for the promised 'facilities'. Also, Dave I'm very interested to hear that the provision of the facilities is actually in your sales contract. Most unusual; normally it would only be concerned with the actual property you are buying.

As for 'tacky holiday hotels' my hotel in Belek was anything but and the golf courses were excellent. I agree 'tacky' exists in abundance (Marmaris for example) but I still maintain the majority of families are looking for beach/sea access.

Time will tell. Good luck !.
We're personally not that concerned with the facilities as they're not so important with a villa but it would be beneficial for all if they are provided, especially for the apartments and for those who intend to rent their properties.

Our contract most certainly doesn't say anything regarding the facilities though :rolleyes:

M

mathewandjayne

update

Has anyone had any news now we are close to "completion date?"

Just wondered if anyone has been out to visit recently?

:confused:
Mathew

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Has anyone had any news now we are close to "completion date?"

Just wondered if anyone has been out to visit recently?

:confused:
Mathew
I'm going out next Friday - will post any interesting info on here when I go up to the Country Club.

I have just heard from a buyer that there was a big directors meeting today - last time they had a 'big director's meeting' it was closely followed by an email delaying the completion date. Let's hope it will be good news this time!

Cazz

S

SUAVE

Just had a load of photos off them and looks like no change again

S

SUAVE

Yes I think we all feel like hitting our heads against a wall. We remember seeing the site for the olive gardens last august and it was just a patch of ground with no builders equipment etc., now look at it. :stoned:
If we could get evidence that they took builders off our site to do the olive gardens :deal: then i think they would have a bit of a fight on there hands.:fight:

S

SUAVE

Its all gone quiet from turkey

hello everybody peeps.
Has anyone had any contact [emails been over there and spoke to them] with Infinity of late as it seems to have gone all quiet over there. :dontknow:
Sue and Dave [SUAVE]

D

dollygal

hello everybody peeps.
Has anyone had any contact [emails been over there and spoke to them] with Infinity of late as it seems to have gone all quiet over there. :dontknow:
Sue and Dave [SUAVE]
Hi Sue and Dave
Well Cazz flew to Turkey yesterday, so I am hoping to hear some news soon. We are due to go there at the end of August, so I am hoping our apartment will be ready, but am not terribly optimistic. Are you due to visit soon?

S

SUAVE

Hi Sue and Dave
Well Cazz flew to Turkey yesterday, so I am hoping to hear some news soon. We are due to go there at the end of August, so I am hoping our apartment will be ready, but am not terribly optimistic. Are you due to visit soon?
Hi dollygal,
Hopefully it could be the end of August for us. 1 week in one of there appartments in Fethiye and the other hopefully in ours. Then back out in October to get it all finished hopefully.
By the way I came accross this little web site which has some stuff about Kemer and hopefully I am going to contribute to it soon. Front Page - Fethiye Times - Up to Date News and Info for SW Turkey
On another note has anyone got a link to the booking site that Infinity is supposed to be setting up?
Dave

J

javuk

quite exciting really

Hi dollygal,
Hopefully it could be the end of August for us. 1 week in one of there appartments in Fethiye and the other hopefully in ours. Then back out in October to get it all finished hopefully.
By the way I came accross this little web site which has some stuff about Kemer and hopefully I am going to contribute to it soon. Front Page - Fethiye Times - Up to Date News and Info for SW Turkey
On another note has anyone got a link to the booking site that Infinity is supposed to be setting up?
Dave
Hi there all havent been online for a while!!nice to see loads of useful comments it would be nice to see faces of all these contributors maybe one day when we are all at the Country Club maybe not too long in the future?!has anyone actually taken any recent photos?especially of the progress on facilities etc as well as apartments?would be nice,
stay happy!
Javuk