Infinity Express

C

Cazzholly

Morning Chudleigh!

Forgot to mention that Monarch sent me some junk mail yesterday - I think they have a sale on at the moment so might be worth checking out as I don't think Monarch come up on Skyscanner.

Other companies worth checking out for Dalaman flights are:

KTHY (Turkish Cypriot Airlines)
Aegean Flights :: Cheap Flights to Dalaman, Bodrum Airports in Turkey from Gatwick, London, UK

Turkish Airlines fly from Heathrow, Stansted & Birmingham but these are via Istanbul. Ok if the price is good enough but we flew with them at Christmas and found the 2 hour gap between flights was not long enough and we missed our connection and ended up flying to Antalya and didn't get to Fethiye until 4.00am :mad:

Might also be worth considering flights to Antalya and driving to Kemer, takes about 2.5 hours.

I see your point though about having to take expensive flights in July instead of the cheaper June flights :( Unfortunately, the schools finish around the 17th July and it looks like it is around then that the snagging visits will be due (loads of optimism here .... not!)

Cazz

C

Chudleigh

Morning Chudleigh!

Forgot to mention that Monarch sent me some junk mail yesterday - I think they have a sale on at the moment so might be worth checking out as I don't think Monarch come up on Skyscanner.

Other companies worth checking out for Dalaman flights are:

KTHY (Turkish Cypriot Airlines)
Aegean Flights :: Cheap Flights to Dalaman, Bodrum Airports in Turkey from Gatwick, London, UK

Turkish Airlines fly from Heathrow, Stansted & Birmingham but these are via Istanbul. Ok if the price is good enough but we flew with them at Christmas and found the 2 hour gap between flights was not long enough and we missed our connection and ended up flying to Antalya and didn't get to Fethiye until 4.00am :mad:

Might also be worth considering flights to Antalya and driving to Kemer, takes about 2.5 hours.

I see your point though about having to take expensive flights in July instead of the cheaper June flights :( Unfortunately, the schools finish around the 17th July and it looks like it is around then that the snagging visits will be due (loads of optimism here .... not!)

Cazz

Thanks for that - I always forget about Monarch.
Easyjet to Istanbul then Turkish Airlines to Dalaman. can be real cheap if you book Turkish Air flight well enough in advance. The hassle is transfering reom East to West airports. Took us 4 hrs by bus & metro last time but I have sussed out this week the 'Havas' shuttle service changing at Taksim will make this easier.

Regarding CC, end of July earliest - just wait & see! The delays now mean that everybody's habitation will be bottlenecked - adding pressure onto their already stretched resources. It's gonna be chaos I reckon....

Can't wait though..... :)

C

Cazzholly

Thanks for that - I always forget about Monarch.
Easyjet to Istanbul then Turkish Airlines to Dalaman. can be real cheap if you book Turkish Air flight well enough in advance. The hassle is transfering reom East to West airports. Took us 4 hrs by bus & metro last time but I have sussed out this week the 'Havas' shuttle service changing at Taksim will make this easier.

Regarding CC, end of July earliest - just wait & see! The delays now mean that everybody's habitation will be bottlenecked - adding pressure onto their already stretched resources. It's gonna be chaos I reckon....

Can't wait though..... :)
Just received the email from the Directors at IE regarding the end of July finish. Wish I'd been sitting down at the time :rolleyes:

C

Chudleigh

Just received the email from the Directors at IE regarding the end of July finish. Wish I'd been sitting down at the time :rolleyes:

HEHE
Have I got a Crystal Ball, or what ;)
I am now going to don a headscarf, sit in a tent and re-register on the forum as Madame Chudleigh.
Want to PM?

C

Cazzholly

HEHE
Have I got a Crystal Ball, or what ;)
I am now going to don a headscarf, sit in a tent and re-register on the forum as Madame Chudleigh.
Want to PM?
Tent! That's given me an idea of where we can stay in Turkey in July ;)

S

Sellas

Was having a few drinks when I got a sms from Cazz. Luckily I had a few at the time so was sitting down when i heard the news about an end july finish. This is really a problem for us as our Australian friends will be flying out with us on the 26th July. I know that one of them are very keen on camping but not so sure if 40 degrees will put a smile on her face. Maybe we can camp close to the swimming pool ,I think it will be finished in time as it was when we were there last week. Atleast there's alot of trees maybe we can set up camp there or close to the IE office. They are very good with providing drinks and food it might work out cheaper than a hotel room.

I still think we will be fine!!!! (Maybe not?)

Bring lots of wine this will help us not to worry too much!!!

S

SUAVE

Can anyone remember what was supposed be finished in Phase 1?

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Can anyone remember what was supposed be finished in Phase 1?
B & C Villas and apartments
4 x A Villas
Roads between apartments and B & C villas
Communal lighting between apartments and between B & C villas
Villas pools, Comunal Pool, cafe/bar with internet facilities
volleyball, basketball, tennis, playground, bowling green areas

This was from IE's letter dated 17th March.

Hope this helps,

Cazz

C

Chudleigh

So there we have it then folks. At last the admssion that the place won't be receiving visitors or guests until 31st July. This blow could have been softened. Sometimes people don't like to admit they have messed up until it's too late. Remind you of anyone.....?
Clue: first name Gordon. :)

S

SUAVE

Cheers Cazz that's great we have lost that letter somewhere.
I suppose that at least we have all got a firm date now. But I notice there is nothing in the letter about the £200 pm for not getting it right on time. Perhaps instead of spending that on us they could have given there work force some incentive to get it done on time by offering our 200pm payback. They only had a 5 week down time due to the weather, but they are 8 weeks behind schedule.
Ah well better get some flights booked for a nice holiday.
On another note anyone any idea when we should be going over to do a proper snagging visit as I see the last invitation seemed to be a waste of money time and effort by all concerned.
SUAVE(Sue Dave)

M

mathewandjayne

I suppose that at least we have all got a firm date now. But I notice there is nothing in the letter about the £200 pm for not getting it right on time. Perhaps instead of spending that on us they could have given there work force some incentive to get it done on time by offering our 200pm payback. They only had a 5 week down time due to the weather, but they are 8 weeks behind schedule.
On another note anyone any idea when we should be going over to do a proper snagging visit as I see the last invitation seemed to be a waste of money time and effort by all concerned.
SUAVE(Sue Dave)
Suave
Their date of July 31st completion is still doubtful
It probably will be Ok but I wouldnt bet my house on it
Mathew

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

SUAVE(Sue Dave)
Someone asked about the £200 pm rebate for the last delay in completion and was told it didn't apply as the delay was due to bad weather which is covered in the terms & conditions. However, this 'new' delay isn't down to bad weather (more like all their workers have been working flat out at Hisar Gardens to our cost!).

We have been costing out accommodation for our 18 day stay in July and are looking at having to fork out £1800 for a villa or £2200 to stay in a Olu Deniz hotel so I am less than pleased - we hadn't budgeted for this cost at all but in order to salvage our main summer holiday for the kids we'll probably have to pay up :mad:

S

SUAVE

What happened

Any one else notice that the Country Club has changed its name?:confused:

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Any one else notice that the Country Club has changed its name?:confused:
Do you mean the Ceylan bit Suave? When our solicitor did some work for us, this was part of the property address. Ceylan is the name of the area covering Kemer and Oren.

S

SUAVE

Do you mean the Ceylan bit Suave? When our solicitor did some work for us, this was part of the property address. Ceylan is the name of the area covering Kemer and Oren.
Ah right, glad some is in the know, lol:D
We are just sending them an email to confirm a few things about our property and the complex. Like is the dolmus going to be on station from end of july and will there be grass down etc. will let you all know how the outcome is.
Dave

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Ah right, glad some is in the know, lol:D
We are just sending them an email to confirm a few things about our property and the complex. Like is the dolmus going to be on station from end of july and will there be grass down etc. will let you all know how the outcome is.
Dave
Hi Sue and Dave,

Did you send your email? Any reply yet?

Cazz

D

dollygal

I got the same answer when I emailed them to ask about possible accommodation if our apartment is not ready in August.

S

SUAVE

Income tax

Hi everyone,
I have found a great website in English for people who live or rent property in and around Fethiye. I have joined and there are some very good articles including one on Income tax that we will have to pay if we rent out our properties.
http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk
As far as I can see this site covers all kinds of articles, I have only read a few articles but I would advise all members of this thread to join the Fethiye times and also read this pamphlet written by the Turkish tax department. http://www.gib.gov.tr/fileadmin/beyannamerehberi/rental_income.pdf:eek:
I am not trying to scare anyone with this but its an extra outlay that I didnt know about.
Enjoy the site as its worth reading and tells you about things going on in the area, and perhaps we as members of the Country Club could participate with some information etc.
All the best Dave (SUAVE):)