Infinity Express

J

javuk

Hi all! Sorry, I have been a bit quiet on here recently - haven't had much to contribute anyway but watching your comments with interest, as are Infinity but who cares, not them that's for sure. Was over last week in July and agree with all of the comments and still very sceptical about any holidaying in Country Club this season for anybody. Martin is in a difficult position and trying to stay on the fence, so we should all build bridges with him. B3 villa was being cleaned up on the 12th with furniture at poolside, waiting to go in. This information is first hand from the owners , who were also placed in Country Homes for 3 weeks, from mid-July. They have their first rental let down this month. These people will have to be accomodated elsewhere. So Cazz, it is all up to you to play reporter next week. Are you taking a laptop for regular updates from Esinti? The CCC Residents Association can fund your EFES/wine expenses from there. Sure all will agree! ;)
Good Luck Agent Cazzholly.
just wanted to ask when you went over for 3 weeks did IE pay for your alternative accommodation as CCC not ready?thx
javuk

C

Chudleigh

In response to Dave & Javuk:
The CCC Residents Association was born this morning. It looks like a few regular names popping up on here, so we have a gathering, albeit informal at the moment. Dave, everybody is fed up with Infinity and their lack of information/lies. It isn't down to the staff, the cloak & dagger tactics are coming from the Directors. They are obviously lacking in experience of customer service and will suffer reduced business in the medium to long term. However, progress is now evident at the site and is coming on in leaps and bounds. Regarding recompense/compensation - forget it, unless you want to go the legal route. I think they will still blame the weather for the delay, which of course is an Act of God. It was friends of mine who were accomodated for 3 weeks at Country Homes, not me. I was in Palm Beach, due to lack of availability caused by my late notice. If anyone has any plans about going over or renting out, get your dialogue going well before the due date and you may be offered an alternative, (or you may not). Retrospective complaining - no chance. Just be mindful all that we will not be able to change anything and there are other buyers in Turkey getting an even worse runaround than us guys. Don't worry - be happy

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Hi all! Sorry, I have been a bit quiet on here recently - haven't had much to contribute anyway but watching your comments with interest, as are Infinity but who cares, not them that's for sure. Was over last week in July and agree with all of the comments and still very sceptical about any holidaying in Country Club this season for anybody. Martin is in a difficult position and trying to stay on the fence, so we should all build bridges with him. B3 villa was being cleaned up on the 12th with furniture at poolside, waiting to go in. This information is first hand from the owners , who were also placed in Country Homes for 3 weeks, from mid-July. They have their first rental let down this month. These people will have to be accomodated elsewhere. So Cazz, it is all up to you to play reporter next week. Are you taking a laptop for regular updates from Esinti? The CCC Residents Association can fund your EFES/wine expenses from there. Sure all will agree! ;)
Good Luck Agent Cazzholly.
Laptop at the Esinti? Do they have wifi there? I discovered when we were in Kemer last month that there are actually two internet cafes there so I will try and report back whilst we are out there, though I think I'd prefer to report from the Esinti if they have wifi! I am delighted to learn the CCCRA will fund my wine expenses, these could be quite high if there are any further disappointments courtesy of IE while we are out there though :wink:

As far as I am aware, those provided with alternative accommodation are not being charged, we weren't for our 2.5 weeks in Country Homes last month.

Cazz

C

Chudleigh

Hi Cazz
Yes, I understand that they do have wifi at Esinti, that's where my updates were being pinged from recently. Also didn't know that there are 2 internet cafes in the village, so thanks for that.
Regarding your expenses, they will have to be borne from the Association funds - of which there are not any yet :beerglass: but I am proposing the committeeee is formed ASAP with first proposal for treasurer a lady by the name of Selda......
Second thoughts........ that wouldn't work would it!
We are all counting on you Agent CH. No pressure and all.......
Lord Chudleigh

S

SUAVE

Hi Cazz
Yes, I understand that they do have wifi at Esinti, that's where my updates were being pinged from recently. Also didn't know that there are 2 internet cafes in the village, so thanks for that.
Regarding your expenses, they will have to be borne from the Association funds - of which there are not any yet :beerglass: but I am proposing the committeeee is formed ASAP with first proposal for treasurer a lady by the name of Selda......
Second thoughts........ that wouldn't work would it!
We are all counting on you Agent CH. No pressure and all.......
Lord Chudleigh
Put me down for chief bouncer on the committee. :damnmate:
On the positive side what vacancies are there and I think Martin should be the chairman, or chair person.
I did here a sneak on another site that everything thing on phase 1 will be ready on the 20th and thats only 4 days away. But I dont think i will hold my breath, lol.
Any way cazz good luck on your mission and dont forget to pack the sun tan lotion.

Dave (SUAVE) :beer:

J

javuk

The CCC Residents Association was born this morning. It looks like a few regular names popping up on here, so we have a gathering, albeit informal at the moment. Dave, everybody is fed up with Infinity and their lack of information/lies. It isn't down to the staff, the cloak & dagger tactics are coming from the Directors. They are obviously lacking in experience of customer service and will suffer reduced business in the medium to long term. However, progress is now evident at the site and is coming on in leaps and bounds. Regarding recompense/compensation - forget it, unless you want to go the legal route. I think they will still blame the weather for the delay, which of course is an Act of God. It was friends of mine who were accomodated for 3 weeks at Country Homes, not me. I was in Palm Beach, due to lack of availability caused by my late notice. If anyone has any plans about going over or renting out, get your dialogue going well before the due date and you may be offered an alternative, (or you may not). Retrospective complaining - no chance. Just be mindful all that we will not be able to change anything and there are other buyers in Turkey getting an even worse runaround than us guys. Don't worry - be happy
Thanks for the info Chudleigh,
so in summary we may get free accommodation if ours is not ready??!

C

Chudleigh

Dave
The Commitee is a virtual one at the moment but Infinity have told me several times that such a body will have input as to the assembly and agreement of the Site Charges, though Martin's Newsletter seemed to indicate otherwise! Mind you, I did not record any of those conversations, so forget I ever mentioned it.
Anyway, Chief Bouncer has already gone (I'm doing that) and there's a queue forming for similar positions.
Javuk - regarding free accomodation - I think it seems everybody has to negotiate their own situations. There does not seem to be any consistency and certainly nothing offered up front. Good Luck with that.

D

dollygal

Hi, thought I would put my two pennyworth in as the founding member of this forum!!!

I have not been very happy with my experience with IE, as has been said we do seem to have had a lot of untruths told to us. However I am pleased that we have been accommodated free when we have been there and have an apartment at Hisar Gardens (which I am dying to see) confirmed by Infinity when we go there on 27th August, so they are not all bad. I never expected the project to be finished on time as these things never are, but the time taken does seem excessive. I also didn't expect to be renting this year, but Infinity lured us in to buying promising that we would soon be able to get our money back through the rentals!

Anyway hopefully it will all be good in the end and at least we have got in contact with each other, so have been able to share the worries. Is anybody else planning to be there 27th August for two weeks? We would love to meet our future neighbours.

C

Chudleigh

Hi Dollygal
you are quite right - you started this dialogue, so it's all your fault. :hahaha:
Yes, it's good that we can exchange information and vent our spleens occasionally. I heard from the first family to stay at Hisar Gardens when I was there at end of July that it is very nice. So will our CC be, eventually.
Cazzholly said she was going back on the 22nd (Page 20),I think........
Have a nice time in Hisaronu. Lots of clubbing then!!

D

dollygal

Laptop at the Esinti? Do they have wifi there? I discovered when we were in Kemer last month that there are actually two internet cafes there so I will try and report back whilst we are out there, though I think I'd prefer to report from the Esinti if they have wifi! I am delighted to learn the CCCRA will fund my wine expenses, these could be quite high if there are any further disappointments courtesy of IE while we are out there though :wink:

As far as I am aware, those provided with alternative accommodation are not being charged, we weren't for our 2.5 weeks in Country Homes last month.

Cazz

What is the Esinti?

C

Chudleigh

Dolly
Esinti is the hilltop restaurant overlooking Kemer - up the hill from the market place. If you are buying at CC then you will have certainly been taken there by Infinity.

D

dollygal

Dolly
Esinti is the hilltop restaurant overlooking Kemer - up the hill from the market place. If you are buying at CC then you will have certainly been taken there by Infinity.
Oh thanks - I guessed that might be the place - I didn't know what it was called.

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

I would like to thank Dolly for starting this thread, I've picked up useful information and have met other CC buyers through this forum which has been great, and l'm looking forward to catching up with Dollygal on the 28th :cheers:

D

dollygal

I would like to thank Dolly for starting this thread, I've picked up useful information and have met other CC buyers through this forum which has been great, and l'm looking forward to catching up with Dollygal on the 28th :cheers:
:hello: Thanks Cazz - really looking forward to it!

S

SUAVE

Are the positions on the CCC Residents Associaton up for grabs. If so I would like to put my name down for one. :saint:

Unfortunately we cant get out there till Octoberas we have a lot of comitments till then. One being our sons GCSE results and then him starting College etc.

So if any one else is going to be out there then let us know then we can meet up etc. But we are not booking tickets until we get the ok from IE that everything is ready for us to do the snagging and then move in.
Dave
(SUAVE)

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Are the positions on the CCC Residents Associaton up for grabs. If so I would like to put my name down for one. :saint:

Unfortunately we cant get out there till Octoberas we have a lot of comitments till then. One being our sons GCSE results and then him starting College etc.

So if any one else is going to be out there then let us know then we can meet up etc. But we are not booking tickets until we get the ok from IE that everything is ready for us to do the snagging and then move in.
Dave
(SUAVE)
Dave,
You're probably very wise not to book flights until your property has been finished. We'll be out there again the last week of October if you're going to be around then?
Good luck with son's GCSE results next week, my son's A-Level results are out this Thursday and the suspense is getting to me (not to him though!). Unfortunately, we only have Friday at home before going out to Kemer so not much time to sort out Uni if he hasn't got the grades he needs :afraid: Oh well, at least it gives me something else to worry about instead of what IE are/are not doing!
Cazz

S

SUAVE

Dave,
You're probably very wise not to book flights until your property has been finished. We'll be out there again the last week of October if you're going to be around then?
Good luck with son's GCSE results next week, my son's A-Level results are out this Thursday and the suspense is getting to me (not to him though!). Unfortunately, we only have Friday at home before going out to Kemer so not much time to sort out Uni if he hasn't got the grades he needs :afraid: Oh well, at least it gives me something else to worry about instead of what IE are/are not doing!
Cazz
Hi Cazzholly,
that is probably when we are going over in October. Have to hope that everything is sorted. But at least the weather should be a bit warmer then here in October. Buy you a beer at the bar then. All the best for your sons A levels.
Dave

L

Lysos

Dave (suave),

I note that you think you have made £6k because the developer has raised the asking prices. Sadly, this has no relevance to what your property might realise as a resale. I don't know the figures for the number of unsold new builds in Turkey (in Spain it is over 1 million, plus resales) but it is not insignificant. Sales are down & prices falling in all holiday destinations. Enjoy your holiday home for what it is and treat any rentals as a bonus, but don't make the mistake of thinking you have bought an investment.

Also, when calculating profit & loss it is essential to include all costs - transactions, legals, furnishings, maintenance, mortgage interest (if applicable) exchange rates, taxes etc. & what your capital might have earned on deposit in the meantime - admittedly not a lot in current climate !.

On the subject of climate, it can be fabulous in October - enjoy !.

J

javuk

Dave (suave),

I note that you think you have made £6k because the developer has raised the asking prices. Sadly, this has no relevance to what your property might realise as a resale. I don't know the figures for the number of unsold new builds in Turkey (in Spain it is over 1 million, plus resales) but it is not insignificant. Sales are down & prices falling in all holiday destinations. Enjoy your holiday home for what it is and treat any rentals as a bonus, but don't make the mistake of thinking you have bought an investment.

Also, when calculating profit & loss it is essential to include all costs - transactions, legals, furnishings, maintenance, mortgage interest (if applicable) exchange rates, taxes etc. & what your capital might have earned on deposit in the meantime - admittedly not a lot in current climate !.

A little disappointed to hear this a bit of a downer though its a long term investment and we want to spend lots of nice holidays there!!!
Javuk

S

SUAVE

Ouch!!!!!

Dave (suave),

If we decided to buy another property we would have to pay an extra 6k than we did before so logically speaking we have made money already. Yes I agree prices are falling all around the world. but the costs of materials stays constant. In easier terms the builders are undercutting themselves to make money. But in our case IE are not selling the properties cheaper they have upped the price due the the market in Turkey having a growing economy. (Turkey's economy is expected to have grown about 3.5% in 2009. Inflation and interest rates have fallen significantly, the currency has relatively stabilized) This is from a US State Department Paper on Turkey published in May this year. It goes on to say: Turkey aims to adopt the EU's basic system of national law and regulation (the acquis communataire) by 2014 with entry the year after, its adoption will make a significant contribution to modernizing and strengthening the economy. Turkey has taken steps to improve its investment climate through administrative streamlining, an end to foreign investment screening, and strengthened intellectual property legislation. After years of low levels of foreign direct investment (FDI),Turkey succeeded in attracting $22.3 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in January-May 2008. Due to global market conditions which contracted foreign capital inflow, Turkey is expected to attract around $10-$12 billion in 2009.
So if the US think that the climate in Turkey is stable and growing I thing investing in Turkey is well worth wile and in 2015 it gonna rocket.
And as a financial administrator I have gone over the whole thing very carefully and looked at other property investments world wide and Turkey came very close to the top of the list.
So fear not CCC fans the US government is on our side.:pepsi::congrats: