Infinity Express

J

javuk

javuk,

To reiterate there is no time limit as far as CGT is concerned. As for skiing!!!, Where excatly ?. I've been to Turkey @ 15 times in the Dalyan, Fethiye area & never heard anyone mention skiing.
I am pretty sure that there is no CGT after 5 years if you sell after 5 years of ownership....before 5 years you DO pay !!!
Need to check with a tax expert !!

R

Rammy

There are supposedly plans to build a ski resort at Seki which is about a 30 minute drive from Fethiye towards Antalya. I read that the ski lifts have been put in place but nothing further has been done.
We hired a car last year (March) and had a ride to Seki re the skiing to check out what was there. Apparently, developing Seki into a ski resort has been on the cards for many years and they supposedly started but ran out of money. Sorry to disappoint but there is not much infrastructure there at all - yet.

Seki is a very quiet rural village with 1/2 old turkish cafes and not much else. It sits on the edge of a huge plateau and took an hour to get there if I remember rightly. You can see where rough roads have been put up the hillside but I did not see a Ski lift. On the outskirts of Seki there are one or two new villas but not many.

Basically it needs quite alot of development development if it is to become a resort. Quite a nice run up there on a decent road. I would attach photos if this was possible on the forum???

Rammah - no relation to Rammy!!! as far as I am aware. Could give you a game of tennis but it will have to be on a table!

R

Rammah

We hired a car last year (March) and had a ride to Seki re the skiing to check out what was there. Apparently, developing Seki into a ski resort has been on the cards for many years and they supposedly started but ran out of money. Sorry to disappoint but there is not much infrastructure there at all - yet.

Seki is a very quiet rural village with 1/2 old turkish cafes and not much else. It sits on the edge of a huge plateau and took an hour to get there if I remember rightly. You can see where rough roads have been put up the hillside but I did not see a Ski lift. On the outskirts of Seki there are one or two new villas but not many.

Basically it needs quite alot of development development if it is to become a resort. Quite a nice run up there on a decent road. I would attach photos if this was possible on the forum???

Rammah - no relation to Rammy!!! as far as I am aware. Could give you a game of tennis but it will have to be on a table!
:)

Nice informative msg on Seki Rammy... Where is your name from? or is it a nickname?

Table tennis is also a sport I play and would enjoy playing... Where are you based? pm me your phone number and I'll get in touch so we can set something up.

Regards,
Rammah

L

Lysos

javuk,

It may well be there is no liability to pay CGT in Turkey after 5 years ownership, BUT as I said earlier if you are classed as UK resident for tax purposes then you are liable for CGT in UK on all your worldwide assets, whenever you dispose of them.

However, this is academic as it will be a long time before holiday property gains in value, especially after purchase costs, running costs and disposal costs are factored in.

J

javuk

javuk,

It may well be there is no liability to pay CGT in Turkey after 5 years ownership, BUT as I said earlier if you are classed as UK resident for tax purposes then you are liable for CGT in UK on all your worldwide assets, whenever you dispose of them.

However, this is academic as it will be a long time before holiday property gains in value, especially after purchase costs, running costs and disposal costs are factored in.

Thanks for the information!!
By the way heard that Obama may be visiting Turkey in April hopeully he can push Turkey's membership aspirations a bit also!!

R

Rammy

Thanks for the information!!
By the way heard that Obama may be visiting Turkey in April hopeully he can push Turkey's membership aspirations a bit also!!
Yes - he's booked in at our place at the Country Club, our first guest !!!!!! - IE are doing him a good deal on car hire as well.

He said that he was particularly looking forward to some Crown Green bowling whilst Michelle was off horse riding with the girls.

R

Rammy

:)

Nice informative msg on Seki Rammy... Where is your name from? or is it a nickname?

Table tennis is also a sport I play and would enjoy playing... Where are you based? pm me your phone number and I'll get in touch so we can set something up.

Regards,
Rammah
Rammah,

Rammy is a nickname, based on an old Yorkshire name, but I live on t'other side of the Pennine hills in Lancashire, the civilised side, where we don't eat our children!! (now we'll find out if there are any Yorkshire folk on the forum)

I did try ringing you and will do so again later.

R

Rammah

Rammah,

Rammy is a nickname, based on an old Yorkshire name, but I live on t'other side of the Pennine hills in Lancashire, the civilised side, where we don't eat our children!! (now we'll find out if there are any Yorkshire folk on the forum)

I did try ringing you and will do so again later.
It was nice speaking to you Rammy. I now understand what you were refering to with regards to the sensitivity it could cause :)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you either when you're in London, or maybe in the country club one of those days!

As long as it's not a day when Man Utd are playing Bolton Wanderers :)

Regards,

Rammah

R

Rammy

It was nice speaking to you Rammy. I now understand what you were refering to with regards to the sensitivity it could cause :)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you either when you're in London, or maybe in the country club one of those days!

As long as it's not a day when Man Utd are playing Bolton Wanderers :)

Regards,

Rammah
Rammah it was great to talk to you. There is always good banter between Lancashire and Yorkshire so I hope I've not offended anyone. Look forward to meeting you soon, hopefully at the Club.

I don't think Bolton and Utd meet again this year, we have already given you your six points!!!

regards,

Rammy.

J

javuk

Yes - he's booked in at our place at the Country Club, our first guest !!!!!! - IE are doing him a good deal on car hire as well.

He said that he was particularly looking forward to some Crown Green bowling whilst Michelle was off horse riding with the girls.
lol wouldnt that be some scoop of the year ..we can all dream i guess!lol

S

Sellas

Fantastic to read all the chats, sounds like sport is high on the list of entertainment. I play most sports, tennis, squash and have been on a horse before. Looking forward to all the holidays. I'm just not sure how much I will do in the 40 degree summer heat maybe I'll stick to the swimming pool and table tennis.

J

javuk

Fantastic to read all the chats, sounds like sport is high on the list of entertainment. I play most sports, tennis, squash and have been on a horse before. Looking forward to all the holidays. I'm just not sure how much I will do in the 40 degree summer heat maybe I'll stick to the swimming pool and table tennis.
hi there sella
we went last august it was lovely swimming in the outdoor pool at midnight never done that in uk unsurprisingly...that was in palm beach but cant imagine the mountain backdrop at countryclub wow....btw any new march photos come a bit late this month?

J

javuk

ski resort links?

hi there sella
we went last august it was lovely swimming in the outdoor pool at midnight never done that in uk unsurprisingly...that was in palm beach but cant imagine the mountain backdrop at countryclub wow....btw any new march photos come a bit late this month?
Buy Turkish properties, villas, property, homes, apartments for sale in Fethiye, Bodrum, Dalaman Turkey

mentioned in the above article seki ski resort
SKI in TURKEY! Kemer is a beautiful picturesque village in the hills about 30 minutes inland from Fethiye. A further 25 minutes inland is the area of Seki - here there is a ski resort where you can ski from November through to April! Properties in Kemer start from around £60,000 for an apartment in the Kemer Country Club.

S

Sellas

Hi Javuk,

I am checking my emails every day for new photos but nothing yet. Hopefully they will come soon because they are a bit late this month. Well, just have to wait and see!!!!!!

J

javuk

Hi Javuk,

I am checking my emails every day for new photos but nothing yet. Hopefully they will come soon because they are a bit late this month. Well, just have to wait and see!!!!!!
Hi Sellas,
yes still waiting hope it will be all worth it when they do come?!?!
regards!

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Hi Javuk,

No March pics received here either :rolleyes: We going over in 3 weeks so if anyone wants any particular pics taken, please pm me!

Cazz

S

Sellas

Hi Cazzholly,

Yes please it would be great if you could take just a few pictures for me. We are in apartment 43, just to see how things are going. I am interested in the kicthen and bathroom because they were not finished when we were there last. We are going at the end of May and then in July again so will take some pics for you then. Enjoy the trip!!

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Hi Cazzholly,

Yes please it would be great if you could take just a few pictures for me. We are in apartment 43, just to see how things are going. I am interested in the kicthen and bathroom because they were not finished when we were there last. We are going at the end of May and then in July again so will take some pics for you then. Enjoy the trip!!
Hi Sellas,

I'll make a note of that and try and get some pics for you.

Cazz

J

javuk

No March pics received here either :rolleyes: We going over in 3 weeks so if anyone wants any particular pics taken, please pm me!

Cazz
Hi Cazzholly
I would also love to see what facilities i any have been made...sauna turkish baths etc...and the inside of the apartments would be nice also especially kitchen living room would be greatly appreciated!!thanks
Jav

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Hi Cazzholly
I would also love to see what facilities i any have been made...sauna turkish baths etc...and the inside of the apartments would be nice also especially kitchen living room would be greatly appreciated!!thanks
Jav
Hi Jav,
I'll make sure I get some pics of the facilities, if they've started them yet! Will also endeavour to get some apartment interior pics for you.
Cazz