Infinity Express

J

javuk

Hi Jav,
I'll make sure I get some pics of the facilities, if they've started them yet! Will also endeavour to get some apartment interior pics for you.
Cazz
many thanks Cazzy appreciate the effort!!
regards
Jav

S

SUAVE

We bought one as well

Hi, this is my first post, so I hope I am doing it okay!
Has anyone had any experience of a company called Infinity Express Construction in Turkey? We have placed a deposit on a property in Kemer near Fethiye in a development called the Country Club. It looks as if it is going to be great, but would be interested to hear of anyone's experiences and possible problems with buying in Turkey.
Hi there all, we have also bought a property at the Country Club. We live near Manchester. We went out last month for our inspection trip and the place looks great. Have loads of photos. The pool area is almost complete. We have picked out all our furniture but was taken back when we where told that Bedding towels kitchen and bathroom wares where not included in the money we have paid. Our rep told us that there was nothing extra to pay other than what was quoted. Anyone else had that problem?
We found IE a little bit lacking in certain aspects. Like according to them we should have had a Turkish bank account sorted out when we paid our deposit and will have to do that when we go out next.
Look forward to going out there but how the hell we get out bathroom and kitchen ware we have no idea. We have just asked IE how are other buyers getting over this problem. Again would love to here comments on that.
Sue and Dave

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Hi there all, we have also bought a property at the Country Club. We live near Manchester. We went out last month for our inspection trip and the place looks great. Have loads of photos. The pool area is almost complete. We have picked out all our furniture but was taken back when we where told that Bedding towels kitchen and bathroom wares where not included in the money we have paid. Our rep told us that there was nothing extra to pay other than what was quoted. Anyone else had that problem?
We found IE a little bit lacking in certain aspects. Like according to them we should have had a Turkish bank account sorted out when we paid our deposit and will have to do that when we go out next.
Look forward to going out there but how the hell we get out bathroom and kitchen ware we have no idea. We have just asked IE how are other buyers getting over this problem. Again would love to here comments on that.
Sue and Dave
Hi Sue & Dave,

Nice to hear from more buyers :) We have recently returned from a trip to Kemer and were really pleased with how things are coming on - they are certainly working hard now the weather has improved. The rain over the winter had really hampered their efforts to get everything completed by May.

You will need a Turkish bank account to pay utility bills but it is an easy process. IE will take a copy of your passport to the tax office to get you a tax number and then you take your passport and tax number to the bank to open an account. IE will help with this if you wish I'm sure.

We have sorted most of our furniture now and bought a lot of kitchen stuff, towels etc. while we were out there. There are plenty of shops in Fethiye that sell this sort of thing and it is reasonably priced. We drove to Ikea in Izmir and bought lots of stuff there too but it is a 4-5 hour drive from Fethiye and driving in Izmir is not recommended for the faint hearted :eek: We also came across a shop in Calis called the Yapi market which we were told the local expats call B&Q - great place for everything from dustpan/brush and washing up bowls to cordless power tools and drill bits. We initially considered buying all our kitchen stuff/towels etc. from one of the companies in Turkey that offer packages but we've found it's been much more fun choosing the stuff ourselves and haggling ;)

Cazz

R

Rammah

Hi Sue & Dave,

Nice to hear from more buyers :) We have recently returned from a trip to Kemer and were really pleased with how things are coming on - they are certainly working hard now the weather has improved. The rain over the winter had really hampered their efforts to get everything completed by May.

You will need a Turkish bank account to pay utility bills but it is an easy process. IE will take a copy of your passport to the tax office to get you a tax number and then you take your passport and tax number to the bank to open an account. IE will help with this if you wish I'm sure.

We have sorted most of our furniture now and bought a lot of kitchen stuff, towels etc. while we were out there. There are plenty of shops in Fethiye that sell this sort of thing and it is reasonably priced. We drove to Ikea in Izmir and bought lots of stuff there too but it is a 4-5 hour drive from Fethiye and driving in Izmir is not recommended for the faint hearted :eek: We also came across a shop in Calis called the Yapi market which we were told the local expats call B&Q - great place for everything from dustpan/brush and washing up bowls to cordless power tools and drill bits. We initially considered buying all our kitchen stuff/towels etc. from one of the companies in Turkey that offer packages but we've found it's been much more fun choosing the stuff ourselves and haggling ;)

Cazz
I'm in Fethiye now, having my breakfast and then going to the market sort out some of those things.

I was told about bank acount from the beginning, and helped heavily by IE throughout the process of setting this up.

I think it's a matter of who asks the questions in some aspect of the business, and I guess this is normal when it's a new overseas experience! They may take some things for granted, while we expect them to tell us every single bit!

Regards,

Rammah

S

Sellas

Hiya Sue+Dave

As the others said it's not a problem to open a bank account, IE will help you with that, they opened one for us on the same day and took us there and back.

Tuesday market in Fethiye is great, we bought all our towels, iron, pots, pans, sheets,boxes and many more there. We were informed from the start about buying bedding and kitchen stuff so were prepared on spending extra money.Vacuum bags are another great idea (thanks to Cazz) for any bulky pillows/duvets or towels. Hope you find everything your looking for but do not hesitate to ask I LOVE shopping!!!!

Marselle

S

SUAVE

BIg Shop

I will probably use one of my couriers to send a large crate over to Turkey.:cool: 50kg is £150. Does anyone know id IE have a storage area for things like this. Hopefully we will just buy the basics from Tesco and ship them over there.
We have just had confirmation from IE that it is looking like a June finish.:confused:
Sue and Dave

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

Sue and Dave,

I think there are customs implications if you don't have a resident's visa as we looked into shipping stuff out to Turkey but decided it was cost prohibitive. There is also a long long list of things you can't import, mainly electrical goods. It might be worth asking Infinity if they have any storage facilities.

Now looking forward to hitting the shops with Sellas in July to celebrate after the Ikea furniture has eventually been assembled :D

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

I will probably use one of my couriers to send a large crate over to Turkey.:cool: 50kg is £150. Does anyone know id IE have a storage area for things like this. Hopefully we will just buy the basics from Tesco and ship them over there.
We have just had confirmation from IE that it is looking like a June finish.:confused:
Sue and Dave
Only just noticed the 'June finish' bit :eek: Can I ask when you were told this as we were out there last week and were told everything should be okay for the end of May! Are you buying an apartment or a villa? I wouldn't like to say 100% that the 'A' Villas will be complete by the end of May as these were only started at Christmas but all the apartments are nearly finished :confused:

S

SUAVE

IE madness

Only just noticed the 'June finish' bit :eek: Can I ask when you were told this as we were out there last week and were told everything should be okay for the end of May! Are you buying an apartment or a villa? I wouldn't like to say 100% that the 'A' Villas will be complete by the end of May as these were only started at Christmas but all the apartments are nearly finished :confused:
We got an email today from Laura saying that it looks like June but they are trying very hard to hit the May deadline. We have bought an apartment which is nearly finished as we have seen it ourselves last month.:)

C

Cazzholly

We got an email today from Laura saying that it looks like June but they are trying very hard to hit the May deadline. We have bought an apartment which is nearly finished as we have seen it ourselves last month.:)
I imagine Laura will be extra busy reading her emails and fending off phone calls then tomorrow :mad:

R

Rammah

All we asked was when it would be finished so that we could book some cheap flights
I was at the site 2 days ago and there was a LOT of workers as the weather was good.
Saying that, I was told 6 weeks ago that if it doesn't happen by end of May due to rain and mud mainly, and it'll mean a delay of around 2 weeks.

For that reason, I suggest booking the flights for around mid to end of June!

Regards,

Rammah

C

Cazzholly

Country Club, Kemer

As Rammah says, mid June is probably the safest time to book flights to ensure the properties are finished. I thought from Suave's post that IE had written to some buyers to say that completion wouldn't be until June but now they have said they asked IE when they should book flights, I think IE are just playing on the safe side so they don't get too many disappointed buyers whose properties aren't ready.

Having said that, there was so much activity on the site last week and together with the improved weather, I think end of May could still be achievable.

D

dollygal

I imagine Laura will be extra busy reading her emails and fending off phone calls then tomorrow :mad:
Has anyone else found that they are suddenly being 'reminded' about their regular payments before they are even due? I find this a bit worrying.

D

dollygal

We have been told the end of June

S

SUAVE

Has anyone else found that they are suddenly being 'reminded' about their regular payments before they are even due? I find this a bit worrying.
They did that with us but we are nearly fully paid except for the final payment upon completion.

D

dollygal

They did that with us but we are nearly fully paid except for the final payment upon completion.
Oh well I suppose they are bound to need the money at this point if they are desperately trying to get it all finished. I always thought it was bound to be delayed, let's just hope that it is only by a month or so. We are planning to go at the end of August which we thought would allow plenty of time. I am not really sure though whether even if the actual apartment is ready and possibly the pool if there will be anything else like a bar or restaurant etc.