Infinity Express

J

javuk

subsidence

Hi there

We did ask about service charges, but Infinity said it was not possible to say what they would be yet as it has to be decided by a committee which will be made up of owners. I am not sure if the service charges will include the use of the facilities or if some things have to be paid for at the time. Obviously horse riding would be an extra. Infinity did tell us that they didn't think the horse riding would be starting until later.
#
I had a worry about someone mentioning the possibility of subsidence of the country club as its on a hill but Umit said that the properties have a 5 year guarantee and after 5 years if you decide to sell there is no capital gains tax which sounds good!!!Hopefully Turkey will join the EU soon this will help increase our investments hopefully!!!
thanks
Jav

R

Rammy

Has anyone heard of any travel companies interested in the country club?
I appreciate they will probably wait until the complex is finished before deciding on placing in brochures but we were told ( over 12 months ago) that James villas were interested. Rammy

C

Cazzholly

I appreciate they will probably wait until the complex is finished before deciding on placing in brochures but we were told ( over 12 months ago) that James villas were interested. Rammy
We were told that a travel company were interested and thought James Villas were mentioned. Also thought that Thomson/TUI were mentioned as being interested.

J

javuk

they have their own renting company

Hi Rammy
I think Infinity have their own rental company and will advertise when things are ready. You may notice on their rent site the countryclub is not yet available obviously not finished yet !!

I wanted to ask a question ...if there are two owners jointly buying a property how does it affect the contract and will I need to get a solicitor to sort out the intricacies of legalities etc...
thanks
Jav

R

Rammy

Hi Rammy
I think Infinity have their own rental company and will advertise when things are ready. You may notice on their rent site the countryclub is not yet available obviously not finished yet !!

I wanted to ask a question ...if there are two owners jointly buying a property how does it affect the contract and will I need to get a solicitor to sort out the intricacies of legalities etc...
thanks
Jav
I did use a solicitor, although it was one that Infininity found for me.You may question the wisdom of that but I have no complaints. Whether I needed one or not is another question. I believe. that many owners have bought without using a solicitor and have not had problems. I presume that many of these properties are in joint names. The solicitor I used cost £1000. Stung? maybe, but it did give me some peace of mind..

Our prop. is in joint names and I know that we will have to have a Turkish will made in respect of the property, and bank accounts, to avoid future problems - just in case I don't live forever, which will be disappointing!
I was quoted £600 which I thought was extortionate. Has anyone else made a turkish will and if so can you recommend solicitor

C

Cazzholly

I did use a solicitor, although it was one that Infininity found for me.You may question the wisdom of that but I have no complaints. Whether I needed one or not is another question. I believe. that many owners have bought without using a solicitor and have not had problems. I presume that many of these properties are in joint names. The solicitor I used cost £1000. Stung? maybe, but it did give me some peace of mind..

Our prop. is in joint names and I know that we will have to have a Turkish will made in respect of the property, and bank accounts, to avoid future problems - just in case I don't live forever, which will be disappointing!
I was quoted £600 which I thought was extortionate. Has anyone else made a turkish will and if so can you recommend solicitor
We are also using a solicitor with a similar cost to Rammy, but again, this was for peace of mind. I think many buy without one and most seem to have no problems if the purchase is straightforward. A Turkish will is though definitely required unless you are a sole purchaser with only one living relative (and given that that is the person you want to leave the property to in your will!!). A UK will not suffice as I believe under Turkish law the property is automatically left to various family members, with male family members taking precedence. You could leave say your property in the UK will to your wife for instance, but it could end up under Turkish law being left partly to your wife, partly to your children, partly to your brother, mother etc. etc. I have seen horror stories on forums regarding not having a Turkish will.

Javuk, I don't think there is any 'problem' buying in joint names, apart from the need for the Turkish will, the only downside I can see is that you pay two lots of council tax in Turkey!

J

javuk

Many thanks for the information we will look into it and see what we have to do
thanks Rammy

J

javuk

We are also using a solicitor with a similar cost to Rammy, but again, this was for peace of mind. I think many buy without one and most seem to have no problems if the purchase is straightforward. A Turkish will is though definitely required unless you are a sole purchaser with only one living relative (and given that that is the person you want to leave the property to in your will!!). A UK will not suffice as I believe under Turkish law the property is automatically left to various family members, with male family members taking precedence. You could leave say your property in the UK will to your wife for instance, but it could end up under Turkish law being left partly to your wife, partly to your children, partly to your brother, mother etc. etc. I have seen horror stories on forums regarding not having a Turkish will.

Javuk, I don't think there is any 'problem' buying in joint names, apart from the need for the Turkish will, the only downside I can see is that you pay two lots of council tax in Turkey!

Many thanks Cazzholly very useful information!¬!!

D

dollygal

Just thought I would mention that we used the services of a Turkish solicitor to look over our contract and check the deeds of the land etc. She was very helpful and only charged 500 TL (about £250). A piece of advice that was given to us was that it was just as well to use a Turkish lawyer as if you employed one working from the UK they would have to liaise with a Turkish counterpart anyway and they charge a lot of money - I saw as much as £2000 quoted! We found our solicitor's name from the Turkish Embassy website. I had not thought about the question of wills though - good point!:)

L

Lysos

javuk,

You wouldn'y buy a property in UK without the assistance of a solicitor, so why do it overseas ?. Also, it will be many years - if ever - before Turkey joins the EU. As for capital gains tax, if you a UK resident for tax purposes you are liable for tax on your assets worldwide, so even if it's not payable in Turkey it is still payable in UK.

J

javuk

javuk,

You wouldn'y buy a property in UK without the assistance of a solicitor, so why do it overseas ?. Also, it will be many years - if ever - before Turkey joins the EU. As for capital gains tax, if you a UK resident for tax purposes you are liable for tax on your assets worldwide, so even if it's not payable in Turkey it is still payable in UK.
thanks for that but the capital gains after 5 years is zero right?tax on rent etc i know about thanks..as for EU yes it may take a few years but lets hope US and UK can help Turkey join sooner than later!

R

Rammah

I went there with my wife and 4 yrs old son 2 weeks ago, did a lot of diligence, and secured an apartment. I work in international properties for one of the world's largest developer which obviously helps when making a judgement on another developer!

I'm happy to speak to any "neighbour" or "potential neighbour" to give crucial input on our experience with IE! I live and work in London and would be happy to meet or speak by phone [07940978127] or email [pm].

In addition, I'll obviously be spending a lot of time in Turkey from now on, and it would be helpful to find squash and tennis partners too!

Regards,

Rammah

J

javuk

Hi

I went there with my wife and 4 yrs old son 2 weeks ago, did a lot of diligence, and secured an apartment. I work in international properties for one of the world's largest developer which obviously helps when making a judgement on another developer!

I'm happy to speak to any "neighbour" or "potential neighbour" to give crucial input on our experience with IE! I live and work in London and would be happy to meet or speak by phone [07940978127] or email [pm].

In addition, I'll obviously be spending a lot of time in Turkey from now on, and it would be helpful to find squash and tennis partners too!

Regards,

Rammah
Hi there Rammah
thats really thoughtful of you and would be nice to play tennis or squash(do they have squash at countryclub?) I am based in Birmingham are you going to rent out or actually live there??thanks
Jav

R

Rammah

Hi there Rammah
thats really thoughtful of you and would be nice to play tennis or squash(do they have squash at countryclub?) I am based in Birmingham are you going to rent out or actually live there??thanks
Jav
Hi Jav, It was nice speaking to you this morning. Thanks for calling.
We'll hook up for sure when both are there, etc...

As you know by now, yes for squash, and I'll be alternating between renting and using it. [but of course not residing there since i work in London!]

Regards

Rammah

J

javuk

Hi Jav, It was nice speaking to you this morning. Thanks for calling.
We'll hook up for sure when both are there, etc...

As you know by now, yes for squash, and I'll be alternating between renting and using it. [but of course not residing there since i work in London!]

Regards

Rammah
Nice to talk to you too Rammah!!
sounded like Umit though I am sure thats just a coincidence?!Wondered why squash wasnt mentioned on website?and the fact that skiing is not far away surely these points alone could "sell" the Project to potential purchasers/investors.
I wanted to ask how much do you think furniture/white goods will cost to furnish the apartment ready for rent. IE quoted around £5000 !
Thanks

R

Rammah

Nice to talk to you too Rammah!!
sounded like Umit though I am sure thats just a coincidence?!Wondered why squash wasnt mentioned on website?and the fact that skiing is not far away surely these points alone could "sell" the Project to potential purchasers/investors.
I wanted to ask how much do you think furniture/white goods will cost to furnish the apartment ready for rent. IE quoted around £5000!
Thanks
I think it's more likely to be £3K, unless you wanted to upgrade it to higher standards.
I'll try to remember to get further details on that when I go back this coming week.

Rammah

J

javuk

I think it's more likely to be £3K, unless you wanted to upgrade it to higher standards.
I'll try to remember to get further details on that when I go back this coming week.

Rammah
thanks appreciate it!!

L

Lysos

javuk,

To reiterate there is no time limit as far as CGT is concerned. As for skiing!!!, Where excatly ?. I've been to Turkey @ 15 times in the Dalyan, Fethiye area & never heard anyone mention skiing.

C

Cazzholly

There are supposedly plans to build a ski resort at Seki which is about a 30 minute drive from Fethiye towards Antalya. I read that the ski lifts have been put in place but nothing further has been done.