Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watson

Watson

Another member moving to Hurghada - hope it all goes really well for you. Can I be cheeky and ask what you're going to be doing job-wise?
Sorry just seen you asked me a ? yesterday.

I am doing what i do now which is advertising.

Stick to what i know lol

L

Lsab

Thought you were ignoring my nosiness - wouldn't have blamed you for a minute :D

Very best of luck though - and you're not going to be lonely out there are you? Half the forum seems to be heading in the same direction!!

L

Lsab

Hi again Mame,

You'll be able to use the Personal Messaging system when you're a regular contributor to the forum. In practise that's making about half a dozen good posts, i.e. not one-liners - which you're well on your way to doing.

Linda

Watson

Watson

Thought you were ignoring my nosiness - wouldn't have blamed you for a minute :D

Very best of luck though - and you're not going to be lonely out there are you? Half the forum seems to be heading in the same direction!!
Met half of them a couple weeks ago.
I ended staying another week then lol:D

L

Leo en Manon

adresses or url's furniture shops Hurghada

Hello Forum, i am really new :D to this forum so still have to find out everything...:confused:

I am interested in bying furniture in hurghada, can anybody provide me some adresses/url's for good shops and perhaps tell me anything about prices and deliverytime? I am looking for furniture for a 2 bedroom appartment.

Regards, Manon from Leo en Manon

Watson

Watson

Hello Forum, i am really new :D to this forum so still have to find out everything...:confused:

I am interested in bying furniture in hurghada, can anybody provide me some adresses/url's for good shops and perhaps tell me anything about prices and deliverytime? I am looking for furniture for a 2 bedroom appartment.

Welcome to the forum
Please see my above post.
If you need any help my email is above as well.
Very difficult to find websites unless you buy a furniture pack.
Cheaper option is to have furniture made.

M

M Butler

Nile Kitchens in Hurghada make furniture to your specifications. Quality looks good. Just take some photos and dimensions and they will copy for you. We asked about a kitchen a they quoted 8 weeks from ordering to fitting. Everything is made in Cairo and transported to Hurghada.

They are located across and down a bit from Metro in Hurghada and also in El Gouna, in the garage at the entrance to the left of the Movenpick Hotel.

Margaret

L

Leo en Manon

photo's available?

Nile Kitchens in Hurghada make furniture to your specifications. Quality looks good. Just take some photos and dimensions and they will copy for you. We asked about a kitchen a they quoted 8 weeks from ordering to fitting. Everything is made in Cairo and transported to Hurghada.

They are located across and down a bit from Metro in Hurghada and also in El Gouna, in the garage at the entrance to the left of the Movenpick Hotel.

Margaret
Hello Margaret, (and also Watson)

Do you have any pictures or prices off furniture they made? And I pressume they only make kitchens? We are at first looking for bedroom furniture like a bed,....

Manon

L

Leo en Manon

Experience in buying furniture packs?

Welcome to the forum
Please see my above post.
If you need any help my email is above as well.
Very difficult to find websites unless you buy a furniture pack.
Cheaper option is to have furniture made.
Thanks Martin,

Do you have any experience in byuing furniture packs? Or do you know anyone who does?? I am also interessted in that to see if this is an idea :confused: for us.

Manon

M

M Butler

Hello Margaret, (and also Watson)

Do you have any pictures or prices off furniture they made? And I pressume they only make kitchens? We are at first looking for bedroom furniture like a bed,....

Manon
No I don't have any photos. They make outdoor and indoor furniture also. Beds, tables, chairs, sofas. Metal, wood, rattan and marble and it all looks good. Their website is: SURFTOWN - Success Online. I haven't looked it up so I don't know what is on it. I know they have a lot of customers in El Gouna because I have seen quite a number of villas and apartments there and you can spot the furniture. If you want something a bit more unusual, take a trip to El Gouna and wander round the shops. There are a couple of furniture shops there that are a little bit special - all built to order, but more expensive.
When I came out to Cairo, I brought magazines and pages from the Next catalogue and brochures from furniture shops with me. Or you can look at furniture websites, eg DFS, Furniture Warehouse, Ikea, etc and print out what you like. Just make sure you have the dimensions and be very, very specific about what you want. Don't leave any room for artistic license!!

Margaret

Margaret

M

M Butler

No I don't have any photos. They make outdoor and indoor furniture also. Beds, tables, chairs, sofas. Metal, wood, rattan and marble and it all looks good. Their website is: SURFTOWN - Success Online. I haven't looked it up so I don't know what is on it. I know they have a lot of customers in El Gouna because I have seen quite a number of villas and apartments there and you can spot the furniture. If you want something a bit more unusual, take a trip to El Gouna and wander round the shops. There are a couple of furniture shops there that are a little bit special - all built to order, but more expensive.
When I came out to Cairo, I brought magazines and pages from the Next catalogue and brochures from furniture shops with me. Or you can look at furniture websites, eg DFS, Furniture Warehouse, Ikea, etc and print out what you like. Just make sure you have the dimensions and be very, very specific about what you want. Don't leave any room for artistic license!!

Please ignore that website. I don't know where it came from. The website on their business card is coming up with this other one.
Another idea is that when I am in El Gouna, I could take some photos (getting into this)!! and post them.

Margaret

Last edited:
L

Leo en Manon

Margaret

Margaret
Hello Margaret, thank you for the good advise!:D
Maybe we have time to go to El Gouna and visit the shops.

Cheers Manon

L

Leo en Manon

there is nile kitchens, In & Out, Contishtal, Al Ogail, and other shops around, and carpentars many options available
Hi there,

I saw the name In & Out before on the forum, do you have any url or pictures of the furniture the make?

Maybe the carpentars are the best option, i hear more good comments on those.

Cheers Manon

M

M Butler

Furniture in Hurghada

The carpenters are in the old town area of Hurghada. I don't know the name of the area but I am sure George will let you know as he is very familiar with the area.
I would definitely recommend using Egyptian carpenters but remember to use your negotiating skills.
Also, the company we talked about earlier has all their furniture made in Cairo, so local carpenters.

Margaret

Last edited:
L

lyndsay552

Thanks Martin,

Do you have any experience in byuing furniture packs? Or do you know anyone who does?? I am also interessted in that to see if this is an idea :confused: for us.

Manon
Alison from Property Hotspots Worldwide does excellent furniture packs. She does all the furniture packs for the Regency Developments but can also do for different developments. All her stuff is hand made including the curtains and soft furnishings.

This is a photo of a built in sofa bed she had made for us.

P1010391.JPG

P1010393.JPG

As you can see the bottom pulls out and it becomes 2 single beds.

It wasn't finished by the time I left.

Lyndsay

D

distant dreamer

Would love to see the photos, but the links don't appear to be working.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi the links worked for me - pics are great Lyndsay thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.