Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viotel

Hi! There is a carpenter in Hurghada called Saber. He makes furniture for all major shops like Contistahl and hotels as well. I got all my apartment furniture 2 bedoom for 30.000 egp. Very high quality, esp if you have your own designs. Also good after sales service.
Phone 010 358 6023

L

lyndsay552

We brought a 19 in LCD tv with built in dvd player from the UK in our hand luggage and it only cost £180 here.

TV's are expensive in Hurghada, especially the LCD/HD.

A normal 21in TV is about £70 - £90

A flat screen 29in Toshiba £232

A LCD 32in is about £600

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi! There is a carpenter in Hurghada called Saber. He makes furniture for all major shops like Contistahl and hotels as well. I got all my apartment furniture 2 bedoom for 30.000 egp. Very high quality, esp if you have your own designs. Also good after sales service.
Phone 010 358 6023
Hi Viotel and welcome - maybe you could introduce yourself in the intros thread where you can also read about others http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-post-questions-here.html

Please feel free to post any individual furniture prices that you have.
So as to assist others please can you confirm exactly what was in your package for £3000 so other buyers can compare and also what is the quality like and what materials are used??

Regards
Alison

derek1959

derek1959

We brought a 19 in LCD tv with built in dvd player from the UK in our hand luggage and it only cost £180 here.

TV's are expensive in Hurghada, especially the LCD/HD.

A normal 21in TV is about £70 - £90

A flat screen 29in Toshiba £232

A LCD 32in is about £600

Lyndsay
Thanks Lyndsay,
Those prices seem reasonable enough, don't think we will bother with Sigma's offers.

L

lyndsay552

Check out the photos I put on earlier in this thread.

More and more furniture stores seem to be opening in Hurghada.

What is it you are looking for? I have just spent the last 2 weeks looking around most of the furniture stores.

Lyndsay

S

Sveta and Sergio

Check out the photos I put on earlier in this thread.

More and more furniture stores seem to be opening in Hurghada.

What is it you are looking for? I have just spent the last 2 weeks looking around most of the furniture stores.

Lyndsay
thank you lyndsay. i would like nice modarn style furntitres. i guess i need to find apartment before this:D

L

lyndsay552

thank you lyndsay. i would like nice modarn style furntitres. i guess i need to find apartment before this:D
Probably a good idea to start with an apartment!!

I think a visited about 10 different shops and they all had really nice modern furniture.

The hardest things to find were modern accessaries, things like pictures, lights and vases. If you don't shop around you can end up paying a small fortune for such items.

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

...but Lyndsay you forgot to mention how many different developments in Hurghada did you visit before you bought, then you visited the 10 or so shops after LOL.

Sveta - Meant to have said that Lyndsay spent a good while in Hurghada last year looking at various developments etc until she finally picked her 3 apartments ( correct me if Im wrong Lyndsay ) so Im sure Lyndsay will give you some advise on her findings and she is a buyer like us and not an Agent or Developer.

B

Bingers50

furniture stores

Anyone Know Of Any Good Furniture Shops (preferably Online)?
Hello investors.

Just came back from hurghada and going back in 2 weeks. i have been around 10 times in last 2 years and the trend is definatley set, as with the mass amount of build within the al kwasar district ( tourist area ) the stores from Cairo are now being attracted.

In and out down towards hard rock do odd bits of furniture at discount prices, thats pretty much the only one that end.

Moving on our property developer mr magdy has open a store on the Esplande above hsbc opposite the Marlin hotel, and sells pretty much most furniture for a complete appartment.

as you move up the hill going towards Sakala on the left the new Zabargad mall has an electrical shop that will cut you discounts.

When over the hill in sakala pretty much opposite the aqua fun or seagul hotel cant remeber which one you will find a souk advertising Aureeka on the 2 nd floor. they speak good english and have some very nice furniture, also they will supply people to fix together the flatpack bedroom suites.

moving down sheraton street as you get to mermaid roundabout traffic moves off to the left this street looks a little run down but it is where you find the trades people ie curtain making locksmiths, plumbers and so on.

if you are on one of the mini buses for 1 le its the best way to veiw all stores down to dahar.

as you enter the very start of the Dahar road there is a brown marble pyramid on left, and behind that there is a furniture store that has good stock of more than one thing in various colours.

when going along the dahar road on left near bus garage you will find whitehouse offering more up market but expensive goods. followed by abu ashra family market with electricals and kitchen stuff upstairs.

at the end of the dahar journey you have the goverment shop with bed linnen and beds etc

on way back from dahar to sakala you will find light fitting shops and a few more furniture shops in the side roads best to walk from goverment about 3/4 mile.
a new shop just opened called in home almost opposite metro supermarket has a big variety of cheap goods being brought from factory in cairo

hope this helps steve :)

L

lyndsay552

I visited a few more developments when I was over this time but one look from my husband and I knew not to even open my mouth!!!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

I visited a few more developments when I was over this time but one look from my husband and I knew not to even open my mouth!!!!
LOL Im sure he had to put you ( or his wallet ) in your place.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hello investors.

Just came back from hurghada and going back in 2 weeks. i have been around 10 times in last 2 years and the trend is definatley set, as with the mass amount of build within the al kwasar district ( tourist area ) the stores from Cairo are now being attracted.

In and out down towards hard rock do odd bits of furniture at discount prices, thats pretty much the only one that end.

Moving on our property developer mr magdy has open a store on the Esplande above hsbc opposite the Marlin hotel, and sells pretty much most furniture for a complete appartment.

as you move up the hill going towards Sakala on the left the new Zabargad mall has an electrical shop that will cut you discounts.

When over the hill in sakala pretty much opposite the aqua fun or seagul hotel cant remeber which one you will find a souk advertising Aureeka on the 2 nd floor. they speak good english and have some very nice furniture, also they will supply people to fix together the flatpack bedroom suites.

moving down sheraton street as you get to mermaid roundabout traffic moves off to the left this street looks a little run down but it is where you find the trades people ie curtain making locksmiths, plumbers and so on.

if you are on one of the mini buses for 1 le its the best way to veiw all stores down to dahar.

as you enter the very start of the Dahar road there is a brown marble pyramid on left, and behind that there is a furniture store that has good stock of more than one thing in various colours.

when going along the dahar road on left near bus garage you will find whitehouse offering more up market but expensive goods. followed by abu ashra family market with electricals and kitchen stuff upstairs.

at the end of the dahar journey you have the goverment shop with bed linnen and beds etc

on way back from dahar to sakala you will find light fitting shops and a few more furniture shops in the side roads best to walk from goverment about 3/4 mile.
a new shop just opened called in home almost opposite metro supermarket has a big variety of cheap goods being brought from factory in cairo

hope this helps steve :)
Thats great info Steve thankyou. Espec as someone was asking about curtains recently as well. We are now getting quite a few names for shops etc but what about more pics and prices??

L

lyndsay552

LOL Im sure he had to put you ( or his wallet ) in your place.
He certainly does his job well and keeps me in line, in saying that he just handed over his wallet for the final touches for the apartment and in true style I gave it back to him empty!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sharmers

Hi all - I have just found out about a new electrical shop that has opened on Sunny Lakes run by Joanne and Mahmoud. someone ordered a diswasher and it was delivered with 2 days for £200. Hoovers £30. I am trying to find out the name of the shop and the website.

L

Leo en Manon

10q

Alison from Property Hotspots Worldwide does excellent furniture packs. She does all the furniture packs for the Regency Developments but can also do for different developments. All her stuff is hand made including the curtains and soft furnishings.

This is a photo of a built in sofa bed she had made for us.

View attachment 3123

View attachment 3124

As you can see the bottom pulls out and it becomes 2 single beds.

It wasn't finished by the time I left.

Lyndsay
hi lyndsay, thank you for the picture. Looks really nice, can you tell me approx. waht the costs are for a bed like this?

cheers manon:D

L

Leo en Manon

pictures

Phone 010 358 6023
hi viotel,

do you have picture or maybe scans of the drawings of the furniture??

cheers manon:p

L

Leo en Manon

accessaries

Probably a good idea to start with an apartment!!

I think a visited about 10 different shops and they all had really nice modern furniture.

The hardest things to find were modern accessaries, things like pictures, lights and vases. If you don't shop around you can end up paying a small fortune for such items.

Lyndsay
hi lyndsay, were did you end up byuing the accessaries? because if you have nice furniture and empty walls,.....stil is not complete :)

cheers manon

Status
Not open for further replies.