Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Lisa,
We are moving from Cairo to El Gouna in May. We already have a lot of furniture to bring with us which we did have made in Cairo as you said, at a fraction of the cost. We still have some stuff to get so we will try Ahmed.

Have you found anywhere for curtain fabric and anyone to make them up?
I use a guy in Cairo who is excellent (he did the curtains in the Movenpick in El Gouna and has also done some Nile cruise boats. He is willing to come to El Gouna for me and if there is nothing available in Hurghada I am sure he would be delighted to do business. He also makes sofas, armchairs, quilted beadspreads, re-upholstery indoor and outdoor.

Margaret

there is a company called El zafer specaized in furniture transfers

queenie40something

queenie40something

New shop in Sharm

Hi all a new shop called Karizma Sharm is opening 2th April at 18.00 selling flowers, vases, candles and home decorations. On Peace Road turn off at the Seahorse and take the 1st gate on the right ( Shadh Village next to Diar Rabwa )

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi there
Which company is this furniture from???

thanks

Anita
Hi Anita, Anna prob told me and if she did I have forgotten Im afraid. I have emailed her to ask to advise by return email or to post on the forum.

Regards

Alison

A

Anna78

hi there
Which company is this furniture from???

thanks

Anita
Hi Anita,
These pieces are from a local carpenter that made the furniture for my apartment and I also use him to make the furniture for the apartments which are rented out. Mostly he makes things to order but he does have some on display in his workshop. You can give him any picture and he can copy it.His work is of a very high standard, all made from solid wood or veneer . He is based in Salam Street.

A

Anita

Hi Anna

thanks for that - do you have any contact details for him so that i can get some quotes for some pictures i'd like to send over?

Anita

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all Sharmers - a new shop called B Tech has opened near Il Mercato in Carlton Mall. It sells LCD TV,s, fridges, washing machines etc as well as furniture and the prices are meant to be ' Cairo ' prices. I have enquired about prices and will post once I get a response.

G

GM43

Banned
BTech (but I think no furniture) is also in Hurghada, and Radwan el Ogail (opposite of Metro Supermarkets).

M

M Butler

Hi all

yes i too would be interested in recommended furniture suppliers in Hurghada or Cairo or any websites would be good

thanks

Anita
The great thing about Egypt is that almost anything can be copied here.

I can give you some help on furniture suppliers especially in Cairo. I was quoted 400EGP to deliver white goods from a Cairo shop to El Gouna so probably well worth thinking about Cairo as everything is cheaper here.

I use a guy who is very good for curtains, sofas, chairs and another shop for beds, tables, desks, computer cupboards, etc. All you need is a photograph and the dimensions. I brought out pictures from the Next catalogue, Cotswold Company, etc., and had pieces of furniture made. If you want to go more ethnic in furniture, I know some shops for that too.

Margaret

Margaret

N

neville06

Hi all

If anyone is looking for furniture to furnish their place in the sun I have some good website addresses. I have also found a great Egyptian Carpenter and Cabinet maker ( based in Sharm ) who will make all your furniture from solid wood. You can give him pics from mags or email him and he will replicate for you. He can also replicate kitchens as well. His outdoor furniture was very good and he was charging £25 for a solid wood lounger on wheels ( like the expensive teak ones here ). He quoted me £800 for fully handmade fitted wardrobes with matching double bed with mattress, bedside cabinets, dressing table and large mirror. A large sofa bed was £300 and cheaper for a normal sofa and £90 for matching armchair. dining table was £40 and chairs £25 each. AC units £300 each installed and water heater £90. All his prices included delivery and fitting. He will not make anything until he has personally come to measure up your apartment so everything fits. He can also get TV's white goods etc as well. I went to his workshop to see the pieces he had made and they were of very good quality. I know of 2 different people that have had furniture and kitchens made by him and are very pleased.
Hi,
We have just bought an apartment in 'Sunterra' resort. We will be looking to furnish it around Dec time. Could you advise us on the people you used for your furniture and what we should look out for when asking for items to be made.

Thanks,

N

neville06

Hi,
We have just bought an apartment in 'Sunterra' resort. We will be looking to furnish it around Dec time. Could you advise us on the people you used for your furniture and what we should look out for when asking for items to be made.

Thanks,

Watson

Watson

Hi just got back from Hurghada and have had the following made:
double Bed (leather Upholstered)
2 single beds
4 bedside cabinets
dining table
6 chairs (leather Upholstered)
fitted and finished in my apartment £750

3setter
2setter
armchair
puffie
table(glass)

total £600

My carpenter is in Sakalla (Hurghada)

Just got a quote on the extension of my kitchen to include:
4 more cupboards
built in fridge/freezer cabinet
false cooker extractor fan cabinet

Total £300

Would loved to have shown the quality of these but idiot me left camera in a taxi on last day.

If anybody needs any furniture let me know and i will get you a quote and also have it all ready for you on your arrival if you wish me to do this.

Just pm for details.

Moving to Hurghada permanent in 3 weeks.

L

Lsab

Another member moving to Hurghada - hope it all goes really well for you. Can I be cheeky and ask what you're going to be doing job-wise?

M

mame

Hi just got back from Hurghada and have had the following made:
double Bed (leather Upholstered)
2 single beds
4 bedside cabinets
dining table
6 chairs (leather Upholstered)
fitted and finished in my apartment £750

3setter
2setter
armchair
puffie
table(glass)

total £600

My carpenter is in Sakalla (Hurghada)

Just got a quote on the extension of my kitchen to include:
4 more cupboards
built in fridge/freezer cabinet
false cooker extractor fan cabinet

Total £300

Would loved to have shown the quality of these but idiot me left camera in a taxi on last day.

If anybody needs any furniture let me know and i will get you a quote and also have it all ready for you on your arrival if you wish me to do this.

Just pm for details.

Moving to Hurghada permanent in 3 weeks.
Hi Martin,

I am buying a 2 bed flat in the Suleder resort, which is due for completion mid June (according to Mohamed). I read your post regarding the furniture you've had built and installed and would be grateful if you could provide me with any information about the Company you used.

Also, good luck with your permanent move to Hurghada (lucky you!!).

Mame

Last edited:
Watson

Watson

The company i used are in sakalla and do a brilliant job really cheesed off i left my camera in bloody taxi!!

I went through an egyptian guy we met out there (as they did not speak great english)

I have is number not sure if can put up here so pm.

We are also out end of the month and will help all we can:)

L

Lsab

Hi Mame - welcome to the forum. Have you had a look at the Suleder thread too: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7313-suleder-25.html

If you've time it would be great if you could post a little about yourself on the INtroductions thread: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/5370-introductions-34.html. It's a good way for our members to 'meet' each other and for you to meet us.

If you need any help finding your way around the forum please just ask one of the moderators - myself, Alison (queenie40something) and Lyndsay552.

Very best wishes
Linda

M

mame

The company i used are in sakalla and do a brilliant job really cheesed off i left my camera in bloody taxi!!

I went through an egyptian guy we met out there (as they did not speak great english)

I have is number not sure if can put up here so pm.

We are also out end of the month and will help all we can:)
Martin,

thanks for replying so quickly,

Unfortunately, am new to this forum and don't quite know how to pm someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.