Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anna78

Hi Anna

Do you have any photos of furniture that has been made including kitchens that you could email me and I can post on here?

Regards

Alison
Hi Alison, I'll send you photos of the most recent pieces of furniture which were made with the idea of being basic and strong and done on a low budget for some apartments that were going to be rented out. He makes furniture in all different qualities of wood and finishes depending on how much you want to spend. In the past I have given him pictures from the Next catalogue and Marks and Spencers site and he has made them to be identical.
But how do I email them to you through the forum?
Anna

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Anna - I will send you a private message with my email address.

ScottyMac

ScottyMac

Hi Alison, I'll send you photos of the most recent pieces of furniture which were made with the idea of being basic and strong and done on a low budget for some apartments that were going to be rented out. He makes furniture in all different qualities of wood and finishes depending on how much you want to spend. In the past I have given him pictures from the Next catalogue and Marks and Spencers site and he has made them to be identical.
But how do I email them to you through the forum?
Anna
Hi Anna,

Im comming to Egypt to furnish my appartment at the end of the month and id also be interested in meeting with your carpenter. I have a 2 bed appt in the desert pearl resort and need to kit the whole place out to a good standard ready to rent. You said he has done other appartments of yours could you give me a rough idea of price?

Many Thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all once I have received the pics and hopefully prices of furniture pieces I will post here. I have details of another so will check me emails and post the prices here.

L

lyndsay552

I've been talking to Adele for the last few weeks and as we are bringing the majority of small stuff from our apartment she has offered to go shopping with us.

She says her arabic is excellent and so are her bargaining skills.

Could be good alternative if you are really, really fussy.

Lyndsay

P

picaso

Lighting

Does anyone know of any good lighting shops in Hurghada please

P

picaso

picassodivers

Sorry another question for you guys. Does anyone know where I can get reasonably priced curtains or blinds made. My windows are huge. Jax:eek:

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sorry another question for you guys. Does anyone know where I can get reasonably priced curtains or blinds made. My windows are huge. Jax:eek:
Hi there are a few interior designers here where you can get quotes Interior Design / Hurghada / Red Sea Pages

Also found Govany for bedding and curtains El Nasr St.
Dahar, Hurghada
Tel: 065 3544884 - 012 7462569

There is also Bella Casa on the Sheraton road.

Found this one that does furniture and lighting based in El Gouna EL-DAR.NET .... El gouna home of furniture

P

picaso

Curtains and lightning etc

Hi there are a few interior designers here where you can get quotes Interior Design / Hurghada / Red Sea Pages

Also found Govany for bedding and curtains El Nasr St.
Dahar, Hurghada
Tel: 065 3544884 - 012 7462569

There is also Bella Casa on the Sheraton road.

Found this one that does furniture and lighting based in El Gouna EL-DAR.NET .... El gouna home of furniture

Thanks Queenie thats great you are full of information and am now ready to go and shop till I drop. Sadly Iam not going until end of June but at least I have all the info I need Cheers Jax

iain

iain

Hi Alison

would be interested to know how you get on re the tiles etc. We are trying to decide at what point to go out and make some choices re furniture / air con and so on.
Also, we opted for a shower in one bathroom and a bath in the other - a have a real hatred of combined shower and bath fittings unless they are really first class, so trying to avoid that!

Are you close to getting in to your appartment and fitting it out?
Iain

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Iain yes I think ours is getting close. I am now debating about flying out and sourcing my own tiles so I will tell the developer to put a hold on laying any until he hears further from me. I think we will go for the shower as well. Again I think I will tell him to hold fire on fitting the shower and the washbasin as I will probably buy my own. Especially the sink as I would like something that is built into a unit.

I think by changing things like this and if you decide to sell buyers would prob buy the one that had nicer tiles, basin etc. Dont know what you think on this??

I certainly think it will be worth spending a little extra to make it stand out a little from the others.

iain

iain

Well on resale I guess you are right- i.e. the better presented will sell better. We were looking again at the furniture pack which actually looks like quite a good choice of furniture etc with some reasonable alternatives. Difficult to assess the vale for money - but also have to remeber the time spent looking around and the hassle.

I think also that if one is thinking of renting out at all, it may be that having a standard set of furnishings etc. helps the letting out as the Hotel whatever know exactly what to expect.

If we had the time and perhaps were going to live there we would definitely chose everything from scratch.

Are you able to go there fairly easily or is it a special trip each time (i.e. holiday or whatever, I think that make a difference).

Also, I see from an earlier thread that there are some areas with all the trades needed selling their wares such as aircon, furniture, bathroom fittings tiles etc. would be great fun choosing it all first hand.
Iain

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Iain - I managed to get out 5 times last year but havent been at all this year yet. We have to work around work commitments / schooling etc. I will probably fly out in a few weeks on my own though. I know a few local Egyptians who are helping me out. I will be meeting up with one that owns his own nic nac shop and internet cafe. He will arrange for his contacts to come and meet me with samples etc. He will also be able to barter for me to get the best prices. Rowaysat is where they make alot of furniture etc. I think I have put a link to a map of it in the furniture thread.
If I do let me know if you want me to take pics of your apartment inside and out.

SRE still havent got any details / info about the hotel rental side yet. Still dont think they know who is buying the hotel yet??

iain

iain

Only 5 times eh! Tough life. I used to work selling timber into Egypt so my contacts are all in Alexandria or Cairo. I actually recognise some of the names associated with furniture, guess I used to sell to them but doubt I'll get a discount...

We had thought to go out in June or thereabouts but nothing certain. Did you ever estimate what you thought would be the price saving sourcing your own "furniture pack"? Apart from the plus of having your own choices of course.

It may also be worth me going out to Sharm for a few days just to talk these things through with SSRE etcas somehow its difficult to visualize all this from here.

Iain

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Iain - I have moved some of our posts into this thread.

Yes 5 times and enjoyed every single one of them LOL.

To give you an idea he quoted me £800 for bedroom which was double bed, mattress, headboard, 2 bedside cabinets, dressing table and mirror, and fitted wardrobes, kitchen £60 sq m, £300 sofabed, £45 dining table and I think £25 each chair. Sun loungers £20/25 each. All these are made by the carpenters and their work was very very good. They will replicate anything from a magazine pic or website. Air cons were about £300 each and water heater from memory was £90. You can get a TV for around £300, fridge for about £130 so that will give you an idea on how much you would save.

Status
Not open for further replies.