Flights

I

icywill

Stayed here last Sept - a bit out of the way if you want to walk anywhere - but OK if you don't mind taxis to everywhere.

It's on a bit of a peninsular without much near to it yet - some new building started nearby. Not too far from the Marriott Hotel, and the OLD Sheraton Hotel.

Beach a bit small but OK.

Pool a good size but NOT heated when I was there.

Rooms basic but good size - all seemed to have pool & sea views.

Food a bit samey but OK. No idea about entertainment did not stay in - a bit simple from whata I did see.

All clean and tidy - good value for what I paid for.
Thanks for that will be using it as a base rather than anything else, and as taxis for three of us will be cheap think it will do ok. I will be taking pics of the British resort while I am there 22nd feb for a week . so if anyone wants some I can pass on. I do have some older ones on the computer

I

icywill

OOPS!
What I was trying to say is if anyone wants to get cheap flights there is a charter site and great late deals that I use . both seem to be cheaper the earlier you book at the moment

P

philthecar

hi there we are going to LTI Dana next friday for a week and we are hoping it will be a good week. We will let you know on our return

C

chickenman

Thanks very much, i have heard it has good ratings just not used by british too much. Mainly Russian and Germans. Look forward to your feedback.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi j4,

Have a look on charterflights.co.uk you should find something cheaper here as long as it's not school hols.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
have looked at site but not cheaper than XL direct, coming in at £300.00 per person. I'll have to wait and keep checking site when they come down a bit i'll book, loads of time off November.

SHO

SHO

Easyjet to fly to Hurghada from April

Well... you will all be glad to hear that easyjet's route to Hurghada has appeared on their website and they will start flights from £89.99 from 30th April 2008!!

Should really open up the area and bring us closer to Sharm :p

easyJet.com - Stacks of new routes now on sale!

A

awahee123

Banned
Yes they are there not very cheap at the moment,could only find 3 available flights in april.

L

lyndsay552

I've just priced their flights to Hurghada in April and they are sky high!! £865 for two people for one week!!

If they don't drop their prices no-one will use the route and we will all lose out.

SHO

SHO

well they only have a couple of flights in april at the moment so hopefully when they update the schedules prices will be better...they surely cant be more expensive that the charters!!

P

propertastic

Flights To/From HRG?

Does anyone know of a site that lists all of the flights going in and out of Hurghada International?

I have a pretty good handle on the UK routes and also know there are good connections with Germany, but I would be interested in knowing where else it's possible to get to from there without having to fly via Cairo or elsewhere.

Watson

Watson

I think its another marketing ploy. Tried it myself same thing over £800!!
They say £89 then add on all the taxes.
Fingers crossed they bring it down and look at it seriously.

P

philthecar

freedom direct is another one which we find quite cheap and also travel republic !

P

propertastic

Perfect! That was just what I was looking for.

Many thanks for the info.

S

sally

hi all
im going to do what i used to do years ago when i used to visit friends in spain.....find the cheapest grottiest holiday possible that suited my dates and then not turn up at hotel. i hope i dont have to do that and reasonably priced flights will be available by the time i need them regularly....i did used to go to hotel but not stay there in case some random rep came looking for me....im not that bad!

P

propertastic

Anybody come across any more cheap flights for Egypt?.
Has anyone looked at the possibility of getting a cheapo RyanAir flight to Germany and then Condor from there?

Condor seem to fly regularly from every major German cities and their prices are a lot cheaper than those of the British airlines.

If you live close to Gatwick or Manchester, then it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. However, for anyone who is a long way from these airports (i.e. Scotland),I think it would probably work out cheaper, especially this time of year when the budget airlines are often selling tickets for 1p + taxes.

P

philthecar

does anybody fly out from manchester airport and if so can they recommend any cheap flight companies. We seem to find Freedom direct and travel republic cheapest at the moment but the prices vary so much during the course of the year