Flights

J

J4hurghada

Banned
have you tried XL Ive just looked but the prices have gone up we have paid £488 for April but now they have gone up same flight £550. I'm looking for End of October and its coming in at £1500 for 4 of us alot more than last year

L

lovesquadsue

Thomas cook seem to have some good prices flights from Manchester at the moment - i was looking for the end of February and it was £465 for 2 adults inc all taxes etc from manchester (they have gone up a bit now though) - and the flights were good day flights as well - plus in winter they fly on tuesdays and fridays so you can do fri-tue for a short break or 11 nights...??? Dont know whether the route will be the same for next winter as Thomas Cook bought Airtours last year so continued with the routes Airtours were already selling - hopefully they will keep the Tuesday flight (which was run by Airtours) next winter as well as the original Thomas Cook Friday flight.... hope that makes sense! it is fly thomas cook . com
At certain times of the year when i have looked for flights it is cheaper to book a package holiday than a flight only which is ridiculous!
IE - Flight only on 7/3/08 coming back on 14/3/08 for 2 adults is 583.96
Package holiday with flight and 7 nights b&b at Sea Garden, same dates is £560.00 so its £23.96 cheaper to book the package! Unbelievable eh!
It is the same if you go 28/3/08 to 4/4/08 it works out £59.96 cheaper to book the package!
I hope some 'budget' flights arrive soon or people wont even bother to look to rent when packages are coming in cheaper than flights!!!! Fingers crossed.

P

philthecar

not sure whether its just manchester but we have noticed that flights are not only getting more expensive but also getting later ie. mostly evening flights leaving manchester rather than morning which is rather worrying

P

philthecar

sorry that my mistake. still morning flights on most just checked now

L

lovesquadsue

I am a bit concerned at the flights - the prices and the number of them leaving manchester per week. I personally wouldnt mind going from London or going via Germany as suggested but I am sure this would put a lot of other people off going. difficulty is - its something thats totally out of our hands!
Does anyone have any ideas on how airlines decide which routes to operate?

C

chandra

Easyjet flies to Hurghada and Sharm-el-shaikh

Hi everyone good news for property owners in red sea area.
Easyjet will fly to these 2 airports directly from Gatwick. Starting 4th April 2008.
But they are very expensive at the moment. Hopefully it will fuel competition and prices may well come down in near future. Let's hope.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
just checked site at moment they are very expensive twice the price of XL, lets hope they come down alot.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Cheap Flights From Gatwick?????

I am a bit concerned at the flights - the prices and the number of them leaving manchester per week. I personally wouldnt mind going from London or going via Germany as suggested but I am sure this would put a lot of other people off going. difficulty is - its something thats totally out of our hands!
Does anyone have any ideas on how airlines decide which routes to operate?
Hi all,

Just to let anyone interested in the latest Hurghada flight info.... There are return flights going from gatwick to Hurghada from the 22nd Jan 08 to the 29 Jan 08 with fly thomas cook for £166.98 (everything barring meals included meals are an extra £6.50 each way). For those wanting to visit for a few days because of committments at home there is a shorter flight from Gatwick 22nd Jan to the 25 Jan with fly thomas cook for £152.98 (again everything barring meals included).

This would be useful for anyone wanting to go to the real estate exhibition which runs from the 22 Jan to the 24th Jan at the Intercontinental Hotel Hurghada as mentioned by redsea furniture on one of the other threads

Regards

Westmids33

queenie40something

queenie40something

BA new cabin bag allowances

Hi all

I have just received an email from BA advising of the new baggage allowances.

If you are departing or transferring from Gatwick, Jersey or Newquay the one bag cabin allowance still applies.

If you are departing or transferring from London Heathrow, London City, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or Newcastle airports you will be able to carry two pieces of hand baggage through security from 07 January 2008.

One bag no bigger than 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm (22 inches x 17.5 inches x 9.85 inches) (including wheels, pockets and handles)
In addition, one briefcase or laptop sized bag

There is no change on the restrictions on the quantity of liquids allowed through airport security. Customers must ensure that all liquid containers do not exceed 100ml and are carried in a clear,
re-sealable plastic bag that can be easily closed.

Other UK airports not served by British Airways

If you are flying from or transferring through other UK airports not mentioned above, you should check with the airline or airport operator before travelling. This includes when flying from another UK airport and transferring through London Heathrow.

It also states maximum hand baggage weight of 23kg applies and you must be able to lift the bag into the overhead lockers in the aircraft cabin unaided.

I think this is an error and have emailed them.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

I have had an email back from BA confirming 23kg for cabin baggage is correct

There is a max bag weight of no more than 23Kg. You must be able to lift your bag into the overhead lockers in the aircraft cabin unaided - if you are unable to do so, you will need to check it in as hold baggage. If checked in as hold baggage, excess baggage charges will apply if it takes you over your free allowance

So sounds like you can check in 23kg as hold then another up to 23kg in cabin. Great if needing to take things out for the apartment.

P

propertyborders

I notice that Easy Jet are advertising the cheap flights across London, the same flights we cant seem to find on the site surprise surprise lol.

queenie40something

queenie40something

That really annoys me as they send out emails stating flights to Sharm start at £69 but I cant find them. Tried all sorts of dates to no avail.

L

lovesquadsue

I also got excited about this and was gutted when I tried to look at availability!
There were a few flights available up to April but they were really over priced at between £250 - £300 each way!!! After April there was nothing at all.
I emailed easyjet to find out if there would be flights from any UK airport to Hurghada from April 08. They sent me a very confusing email back stating that they do not operate flights to Hurghada however I should check the website for information on flightst to Hurghada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have emailed back but am awaiting response. I think the flights that were online up to April are probably the continuation of the old GB AIRWAYS route following the take over but it isnt to be continued beyond April..????
I will post any response I get from Easyjet - if it makes any sense at all that is!!

P

philthecar

we have also e mailed easy jet and yet to hear from them ! Will keep everyone posted with any developments

L

lovesquadsue

I just recd this email from easyjet:

From 30th March 2008 easyJet plans to fly the published GB Airways summer schedule under the easyJet brand. On completion of the purchase of GB Airways by easyJet, customers who hold a GB Airways booking involving any travel from 30th March 2008 will travel on an easyJet flight. Alternatively they can claim a refund. Further details will be provided by easyJet once the purchase is finalised.

I regret that I am unable to answer your specific questions (or offer details on how to obtain a refund) until the purchase has been finalised, which is expected in early 2008. Please wait to find more information published on easyJet.com and BA.com.

As for you query about the London Gatwick - Hurghada route, it seems that the route will be available for booking from the 30th March on our website.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I have found flights from the Denver, CO USA to Hurghada for 737.00 USD (370 GBP) round trip at the end of this month. I use a company called www.Kayak.com. I get great flight prices from here to Hurghada.They check all the major sites like, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, and Cheaptickets.com. The search for the lowest. Let us know if it works for anyone out there.

L

lovesquadsue

Just had another email from Easyjet regarding the LGW-HRG route:-

Please allow me to clarify the situation with easyJet flights from the UK to Hurghada. Currently you can book a flight on this route for the dates April 04th 2008 to April 25th 2008 only. The schedule for flights after April 25th 2008 has not yet been released.

Generally speaking, new schedules are released two to three months before the end of the existing schedule. The exact date is dependent on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant air traffic control authorities. The next summer schedule (for flights from April to October) is currently being released in batches. It is hoped that all routes will be available soon.

So, we will have to keep an eye on the website and see if the route contiues and if so see if the prices are good on initial release of the seats.... fingers crossed!

P

propertyborders

Typical with these type of companies, they like to keep us on edge, will they on wont they lower the prices time well tell. But I hope so.

L

lovesquadsue

So do I! We could really do with regular flights from the UK at good prices!
At least everyone knows know to keep a check on the easyjet site. So, if anyones notices anything re the LGW-HRG route we can share the info on here!

Its mad that there seems to be so much demand for flight seats to HRG and so few flights. I looked at flights quite a lot last year and for quite a few weeks from sept onwards last year there were no seats available from Manchester at all!

Maybe we should all chip in and set up and airline with regular flights from UK to all of Egypts main airports - we would only need one plane!