Flights

B

bernieart

boat crossing from Sharm to Hurghada

I have just returned from Hurghada (17Dec 07). I made the crossing from Hurghada to Sharm on the fast boat (£45 return) It took 3 hours and at for one and a half hours the crossing is very rough. Hope this helps.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hmmm,

If it's gonna take 3 hours i'm sticking to flying there,is it really worth it people?.
Unless you are having a few days in Sharm which might be an idea, personally I'll stick with direct travel.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I thought I read in Philthecar's post that the ferry crossing was only 90 minutes?

A

awahee123

Banned
Yes Peter I would have given it a go at that, but 3 hours is just too much after you have had a 5 hour flight.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi the crossing should only be 90 mins each way.

D

dave99

Ferry is great idea in principal

We have just looked up cost of flights to Sharm compared to Hurghada and noticed a great difference in price namely 85 to sharm 311 to Hurghada. We have been told that a ferry leaves sharm 3 days each week which costs something in the region of l0pounds each way. Anybody know anything about this and have they travelled on it before. It looks like there is a considerable difference in the prices to each resort and not sure how you can travel anyother way ie luxor or marsa alam. Anybody looked into this ?

Ferry is great idea in principal but the times are not very helpful if needing to go both ways over say a 2 week holiday, plus the effort with cases etc.

D

dave99

Flying times are part of the issue I think.

It certainly is another way to get to Hurghada.
However what might happen if we all start to use this route,maybe further flight cuts.
I think there are obvious reasons on why XL have cancelled certain routes to Hurghada from the UK.
The flights are there they are just a bit expensive compared to other destinations of the same flight time.
The ferry is certainly worth looking at especially if you could tailor a two centre holiday, that would work out quite well.
Flying times are part of the issue I think.

We were delayed for 30 hours last week due to an engine problem. Due to needing to fly for over 5 hours each way it made impossible to get another plane with crew the same day.

This sort of operational issue causes UK flights to be less profitable since they are higher risk. Must have cost Thomas Cook thousands since a plane load of people had a to stay overnight at a 5 star resort on All Inclusive.

L

lyndsay552

Cheap Flights to Hurghada

For anyone who is interested Olympic Holidays have huge discounts on their flights to Hurghada in January. At the moment you can fly from London Gatwick to Hurghada on 25 Jan for only £140 each. I booked this flight a week ago and it was £170 each.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I have just booked through Travel Republic for the 25th January. Traveling on Thomas Cook from Gatwick to Hurghada with two weeks half board in the Hor Palace Hotel on Village Road for 325 GBP. It seemed a good deal to me.

L

lyndsay552

I looked at Hor Palace but the reviews on trip advisor wheren't great. Whats the location like?

P

propertastic

The location is fine - in the middle of the Touristic Centre.

Here's a really useful interactive map which is a great help when deciding which hotel to book:

Hurghada Street Map

A

awahee123

Banned
The location is great but it doesn't look too good i'm afraid,however it may be totally ok,I haven't stayed there.
This is just a personal thought it just didn't look too good.
I saw it advertised on the Olympic site and was tempted but went with the Shedwan which was very good.Let us know what it's like.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Location is good in the shopping mall in Village Road near to the Sultan. It's only somewhere to sleep.

L

lyndsay552

I've just had a look at Quick Rooms and it is £78 for 2 HB or £154 AI for 1 week. At this price as long as it's clean and the location is good it would do the job. As you say Peter it's only somewhere to sleep.

queenie40something

queenie40something

You really can get some bargains if you can spend the time looking on the net and know where to look. Excel had a return flight in Jan for 35 days to Sharm for an incredible £94. When I went in November I took a friend and she had quite a low budget so we booked the flights with brilliant Ba and found a hotel for £5 each b & b for the night. Check out medhotels and medlife hotels for cheapies. We booked with medhotels when we went to Hurghada and stayed at Titanic Waterpark. Paid under £1400 for 2 weeks all inclusive including flights and transfers for 4.

A

awahee123

Banned
You are right Peter it may be really good i'm just going on looks.
Very good deal there queenie however haven't come across anything for Hurghada yet that was that good.It's something to look forward to I think.

queenie40something

queenie40something

You are right Peter it may be really good i'm just going on looks.
Very good deal there queenie however haven't come across anything for Hurghada yet that was that good.It's something to look forward to I think.
....and that was for a room each with fridge and TV bath and shower!!

D

dave99

Cheap Flights

For anyone who is interested Olympic Holidays have huge discounts on their flights to Hurghada in January. At the moment you can fly from London Gatwick to Hurghada on 25 Jan for only £140 each. I booked this flight a week ago and it was £170 each.
How many nights are you staying.

Any restrictions like low luggage allowance

L

lyndsay552

We're staying for seven nights. The baggage allowance is 20kg, not sure about discounts.