Flights

A

awahee123

Banned
I think we all have to start booking a few months before we travel that may be the only way for now.
On the other hand off peak there are some good last minute bargains to be had.

P

propertyborders

So do I! We could really do with regular flights from the UK at good prices!
At least everyone knows know to keep a check on the easyjet site. So, if anyones notices anything re the LGW-HRG route we can share the info on here!

Its mad that there seems to be so much demand for flight seats to HRG and so few flights. I looked at flights quite a lot last year and for quite a few weeks from sept onwards last year there were no seats available from Manchester at all!

Maybe we should all chip in and set up and airline with regular flights from UK to all of Egypts main airports - we would only need one plane!
I would like to chip in for an airline, do you think 10k will buy me one lol.

L

lovesquadsue

LOL! Maybe if there are enough of us then we might just scrape it!!!

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Guys,

I am only chipping in if we can have one of those new Airbus Jumbos,the ones with the double decks.Anybody interested.

L

lovesquadsue

oh yes i'm up for that!!! count me in!!!
sue

ps - i can just imagine what our financial advisors would say!!!

D

dave99

8 seats for me please

I'll take 8 seats if it's once a week please.

Maybe we should start a pre-booking sheet on the forum and see if we can find someone to do us a group booking say 6 times a year and book half a plane load or something.

A

awahee123

Banned
Group bookings

I'll take 8 seats if it's once a week please.

Maybe we should start a pre-booking sheet on the forum and see if we can find someone to do us a group booking say 6 times a year and book half a plane load or something.

Good idea dave99,

most airlines would allow a free seat with every 20 people booked as a group I know it's not a lot split between 20,but every little helps.
Where have I heard that before?...

H

hair1982

Just looking at the easyjet site, they are doing 25% off all seats at the moment so you can fly out one way to hurghada for £94.99 in april which is a bit more reasonable, the returns are slightly more at £139.

Regards
Chris

P

propertyborders

Just looking at the easyjet site, they are doing 25% off all seats at the moment so you can fly out one way to hurghada for £94.99 in april which is a bit more reasonable, the returns are slightly more at £139.

Regards
Chris
Thanks for the information.

D

dave99

Anybody booked anything with Easyjet yet to Hurghada

Regards
Chris
I'd like to know what restrictions they are making and any EXTRA Charges.

If theye are running an "as was|" service on the back of BA then we should be OK, HOWEVER if they are using their own ideas on what you get for the money then whatever the headline price you can bet it will cost upto £40, for things like - a real ticket, luggage in the hold, a real check in counter, a meal, a seat, etc, etc.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Not sure if you can fly; its about 180 kms and I may drive up there whilst I am in Hurghada or take a taxi.

L

lyndsay552

You can fly from Cairo but I can't find any flights from Hurghada. I was thinking of going to have a look maybe on the wednesday that I'm over and just thought it would be easier to fly down and back up on the same day but that doesn't look likely.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
don't think you can fly to marsa alam, We got a taxi from marsa alam to Hurghada return last january. Cost a fortune £50, it takes about an hour in a taxi there and an hour back.

Hope this helps.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I think you may have been ripped off on the taxi! I hired a limo to drive me from Luxor to Hurghada and it cost me 35 GBP each way and this is a four hour drive through the mountains...

J

J4hurghada

Banned
What did you think of Marsa Alam?
Do you really want my view's?

Well it is in the middle of nowhere, nothing much to do, ok for a weeks all inclusive but two weeks would be to long.
I would recommend Hurghada more as there is alot of things to keep you entertained.

Taxi's very expensive
Excursion's very expensive

Also Airport is private and only open's when plane's arrive.

I don't know the prices of apartments but in my view for where it is situated they should be a quarter of the price of Hurgada.

Remembering these are my personal view's, and other people may feel different, Give it a go get in a taxi and look for yourselves.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jayne.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I think you may have been ripped off on the taxi! I hired a limo to drive me from Luxor to Hurghada and it cost me 35 GBP each way and this is a four hour drive through the mountains...
I know that but we only had one taxi company in the hotel and you could not get them on the road. So the hotel taxi's can charge what they want.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

The hotels may try and rip you off thats true; the trick is to get a friendly Egyptian to book it for you - he would be delighted if you give him a drink (coffee of course!) for doing it....

J

J4hurghada

Banned
thanks peter,

I know that now. But last year we had not even recieved our keys for apartment and had made no firends, there was not a site like this one. We seemed to be lone buying in Hurghada.

Now things are very different with this site running it can be easier for buyer.

We have made a few good friends in Hurghada now and hope to make alot more in the future.

Jayne