Barcelo Royal Beach, Sunny Beach (formerly Royal Garden)

M

mark a

charges for owners at royal beach

hi i have bought an apartment in barcelo royal beach i got high bills for summer 2007 example swimming poos lounge and many more did you
hi i have bought an apartment in royal beach in the guarranteed rental section and have been charged alot for my 2 week stay which is meant to be free apart from electric and water
Have you complained to them about this i have .
They have responded to my emails but i havent got very far
Look forward to hearing from anyone in same situation
Thanks

M

mark a

Hi
I have an apartment in guarranteed rental section and have also had large bills for my two week stay which i was not expecting obviously i knew i would be charged for electricity and water.
I have emailed and complained but have not got very far did you contact anyone and complain how did you get on?

A

annie curran

Hi yes it was ridiculous the ammount that was taken out of rental lounge charges and reception charges what was this about i am thinking of taken rental back in october 2008 as it is not worth my time renting it out

L

lindapaskauska

royal beach barcello appartment

I have an apartment in guarranteed rental section, too. I would like to sell it this year ,but I can,t find them even in google. Is there any problems with them?

P

peter crowe

Hi all just got back from Barcelo Royal Beach had a great time hotel is fanstastic. If anybody is still interested Galaxy have their offices on the lower level come out of the main reception down the slope just on the right seem very helpfull. Slightly disapointted with the furnishings but overall the complex is fanstastic lots of UK holiday makers said its the best hotel in sunny beach and according to Varnya it was almost full for the whole of August. Anybody still viewing please leave comments.
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi POG
Sorry don't seem to be able to reply to private messages. Yes the hotel is everybit a 5 star the lobby and restaurants our fanstastic the pool bar works well and everyone we spoke felt it was the best hotel in sunny beach. furnishings in apartments our a little disappointing carpets poor, but overall very pleased. Did'nt sign up for rental contact due to low returns the hotel seems to attrack high value clients quite expensive to eat and drink service very good food high quality surroundings make for a relaxing stay. Apartment owners seem to be penalized towels for pool area are charged 15 levs per person per day and no allowance is made for cleanig or bedding and towel change very expensive if hotel does this. I would recommend you visit befor agreeing to a new contract this hotel as great potential and according to staff considering this is it first season the hotel has been at 90% occupancy all summer. Stay in touch
Kind Regards
pete

P

Pint of Guinness

Hi POG
Sorry don't seem to be able to reply to private messages. Yes the hotel is everybit a 5 star the lobby and restaurants our fanstastic the pool bar works well and everyone we spoke felt it was the best hotel in sunny beach. furnishings in apartments our a little disappointing carpets poor, but overall very pleased. Did'nt sign up for rental contact due to low returns the hotel seems to attrack high value clients quite expensive to eat and drink service very good food high quality surroundings make for a relaxing stay. Apartment owners seem to be penalized towels for pool area are charged 15 levs per person per day and no allowance is made for cleanig or bedding and towel change very expensive if hotel does this. I would recommend you visit befor agreeing to a new contract this hotel as great potential and according to staff considering this is it first season the hotel has been at 90% occupancy all summer. Stay in touch
Kind Regards
pete
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback mate. From the photos I have received of my apartment , my furniture is no where near the standard that they showed when they sold us the apartment (what happened to the plasma t.v.?!). What they did was show us pictures of the hotel rooms, making out that our apartments will look like that - never mind, it`s too late now. Anyway, half of my furniture`s missing and I can`t get anyone to do anything about it!

Anyone in the guanteed rental section? Galaxy, the robbing t***ts have charged me nearly a thousand euros for 'extra equipment' that doesn`t even exist! Has anyone negotiated that down?

Also, has anyone (in the guaranteed rental blocks) noticed that 10% income tax is taken off the total rental income. In the UK, we would take off all expenses (maintenance charge, etc) and then take the 10% off what`s left. I don`t want to sound like an boring accountant, but that will make a difference to how much we receive in rental income.

Would you recommend taking up a new contract - what are they offering? What are our options if we don`t stick with Barcelo?

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited:
P

peter crowe

Hi Steve
I think this is a case of divide and conquer i own a property in Bansko and the owners have set up there own forum and taken control of the managment company by forming a committee. My point been i feel like many people who brought in Bulgaria The end product falls fare short of expectations this is achieved by them telling ourselves that other purchasers are happy with there apartments and furnishings so that we fall into line.Have you had a recent email from Vanya on next years price increases up to 12 euros per sq m. They our also considering closing the hotel from Nov to March. I responded by pointing out that overall this should then result in an annual saving has our charges should only be caculated over a 7 month period Vanya responded by saying she was awaiting feed back from other apartment owners. Perhaps we on this forum should consider the collective approach to strengthen our position.
Pete

P

peter crowe

Message to Mark a, Annie curran, Linda paskauska, Barbara dismore. Have you guys got any comments on what is happening at the Barcelo Royal Beach please respond.
Regards
Pete

P

Pint of Guinness

Hi Steve
I think this is a case of divide and conquer i own a property in Bansko and the owners have set up there own forum and taken control of the managment company by forming a committee. My point been i feel like many people who brought in Bulgaria The end product falls fare short of expectations this is achieved by them telling ourselves that other purchasers are happy with there apartments and furnishings so that we fall into line.Have you had a recent email from Vanya on next years price increases up to 12 euros per sq m. They our also considering closing the hotel from Nov to March. I responded by pointing out that overall this should then result in an annual saving has our charges should only be caculated over a 7 month period Vanya responded by saying she was awaiting feed back from other apartment owners. Perhaps we on this forum should consider the collective approach to strengthen our position.
Pete
Pete,

I totally agree with you about the increased maintenance fee - by closing the development from November, it doesn`t benefit us unless they are going to reduce the maintenance fee back down to atleast last years rates.

I`m with you if you want to take some collective action - let me know or send me a private message mate.

Cheers.....

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi all you Royal Beach owners

I bought a one bed apartment in block F (not guaranteed rental block) and have stayed there 3 times since it was finished - October 2007, February 2008 and August 2008.

I think the hotel and complex are superb and I've had no problems renting it out this summer. However I have had problems with Galaxy not fixing the faults. I gave them the snagging list in October 2007 and they still haven't fixed any of the problems. Have any other owners had their faults fixed?

The community charge for 2008 is 12 euros per square metre, which I think is extortionate considering it was only 8 euros in 2007. As owners, we must surely be entitled to some accounts to see where the money went and why it has gone up 50%.

I got the email from Vanya about the possibility of closing the complex from November to March asking me for my comments. I asked her if that would mean that we would get a refund of the community charge for 5 months and how we would gain access to our apartment if the complex was closed. I don't think they have thought through the consequences of what they are proposing. :rolleyes:

Look forward to any comments!

Paula

P

peter crowe

Hi Paula
Yes i argree they haven't thought it through but i do think they our trying it on with there increases for next year. I have responded along the same lines and contacted Vanya direct her response was that Barcelo are still awaiting owners to respond. With regards Galaxy my snagging list is still outstanding and will probably remain that way for the foreseeable. I have ask owners who use this forum to take a collective stand with regards next years fee increases only POG has responded.
keep in touch
Pete

P

peter crowe

Barcelo

Pete,

I totally agree with you about the increased maintenance fee - by closing the development from November, it doesn`t benefit us unless they are going to reduce the maintenance fee back down to atleast last years rates.

I`m with you if you want to take some collective action - let me know or send me a private message mate.

Cheers.....
Hi Steve
Sorry mate did try to forward my Mobil. Yes i think an email to Vanya with a number of apartment owners names may help our you in favour of this.
Pete

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi Pete

I've just received an email from Vanya about gaining access to my apartment if the complex is closed and this is her reply:

If such a decision is taken you will be able to enter you property - there will be a small number of the reception personnel during the winter as well as the security guard and the administration!

However, she didn't address the possibility of a refund if they decide to close the complex for 5 months. It seems that all the owners have to 'vote' to either keep the complex open all year round, or have it closed for 5 months. I'm not sure that they will take any notice of our opinions though!

One point on the snagging list - when I was in Sunny Beach in August, I spoke to Svetlana (Front Office Manager) about the fact that nothing had been done and she said that Vanya is liasing between owners and Galaxy about getting the snags fixed. She asked me to email the outstanding items to Vanya, which I did.

Paula

D

Debs

Snagging not sorted???????????

Hi all you Royal Beach owners

I bought 1 bedroom apartment in A block and was there for the opening night in June 07. I have visited about 6 times in total since - each time querying the snag list - it still hasnt been completed. I have given up on a lot - mainly cosmetic as some repairs have been made worse, but I have a damaged tv cabinet that hasnt been replaced yet and I am not sure they will. Considering the fact that the furniture is crap, I wont accept damaged crap, but I am not holding out much hope. I will keep you informed of developments.

P

peter crowe

Hi All
I to have some damaged furniture and after speaking to galaxy don't see much chance in receiving replacements. I have spoken to Vanya about such items initialy she seemed quite receptive but more recently even Vanya admits Galaxy our not responding to complaints. Concerning the increase in fees for 2009 i think at the least they should freeze our fees to that of 2008 surely they can't impose a 50% increase and still close the hotel for 5 month. Will those of you that argree allow me to forward an email to Vanya with our names and apartment numbers expressing firstly our concerns with regards the annual increase and secondly we would expect to receive a significant reduction in our fees if they decide to close the hotel during the winter.
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi
I have an apartment in guarranteed rental section and have also had large bills for my two week stay which i was not expecting obviously i knew i would be charged for electricity and water.
I have emailed and complained but have not got very far did you contact anyone and complain how did you get on?
Hi Mark
There our some important issues on the forum would you like to comment
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi yes it was ridiculous the ammount that was taken out of rental lounge charges and reception charges what was this about i am thinking of taken rental back in october 2008 as it is not worth my time renting it out
Hi Ann
there are some important issues on the forum have you any comments
Pete

P

peter crowe

I have an apartment in guarranteed rental section, too. I would like to sell it this year ,but I can,t find them even in google. Is there any problems with them?
Hi Lindapaskauska
There are some important issues on the forum have you any comments
Pete