Barcelo Royal Beach, Sunny Beach (formerly Royal Garden)

L

lindapaskauska

Hello all, I,m owner from Latvia and I know some more guys who have appartment on this complex. They aren,t happy about this news, too. We don,t know ,living in other country, how offen appartments will be rent out. I,m going to be there in 25 of september 2008. Will talk with out manager.

M

mark a

Hi All,
Firstly i will apologise for not visiting the site for a while.
Pete grand job you are doing mate!!
Like you said starting our own forum as you have done with your other apt sounds like a good idea.
I too have experienced all the same problems that everyone else has been having.
I agree exactly with what i think Paula said about them being totally against apt owners we do not seem to receive any benefits from the hotel at all.
Obviously i am not happy with the new rental agreemant the rent was crap last year sounds like it is going to get worse as it is not guaranteed and whats this all about allowing us as owners to have it for one week not in the main seasons.
We are a family of 5 and obviously need to use the summer holidays which they now decide no you are not coming in term time!! Ludricous to say the least.
We also have a friend who owns two apartments in E block .

I am also still waiting for some of the rent from the 1st year which was a discount as i complained about the high charges still not received this .
Keep in touch
Cheers
Mark

L

lindapaskauska

my appartment nummber is C203, please include me too.

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi I have just found this web page and would be grateful for help. We have four apartments in Royal Beach and have just received new contracts, I do not understand what they are saying. It says something about they will only pay if the apartments are rented out, how do we know if they have rented them or not. We too are waiting for the promised snagging to be done. I am going out there in early October to have a meeting with Galaxy and would be grateful for some advice on the questions I should be asking. Thanks Janice
Hi Janice

Am I correct in assuming that your 4 apartments are in sections A, B, F or G (the non guaranteed rental sections)?

I have an apartment in block F and I have the same contract as you. What they are proposing is that, if you sign the contract, and if they manage to rent any of your apartments, then they will pay you the amount stated in the contract for the nights they sell. If they don’t sell any nights, then you don’t get any money. If you do decide to let them rent them out, as far as I know, there is no way of knowing which nights they have rented them for.

I know an owner in block G, who went to Sunny Beach to sign the Notary Transfer and found someone staying in his apartment. Barcelo had to put him up in another apartment for a few nights!

With regard to your snagging list, what sort of things need doing and have you arranged a definite meeting with Galaxy or is this something you are hoping to do? You may find that the only people you can speak to is one of the sales reps in the Galaxy office or Vanya Kostova (Front Office Manager for apartments). I don’t know any owners who have managed to get their snags fixed. If they’re minor things, then I would try fixing them yourself. If they’re major items, like cooker hood not working, then all you can do is keep nagging them.

Paula

P

peter crowe

Hi I have just found this web page and would be grateful for help. We have four apartments in Royal Beach and have just received new contracts, I do not understand what they are saying. It says something about they will only pay if the apartments are rented out, how do we know if they have rented them or not. We too are waiting for the promised snagging to be done. I am going out there in early October to have a meeting with Galaxy and would be grateful for some advice on the questions I should be asking. Thanks Janice
Hi Janice
I use a company called Keith & Amanda you can contact Keith on 00359899253973 They will check your apartment on a weekly or two weekly interval. With regards your snagging list i have previously posted contact details of the person at Galaxy who is responsable for snagging hope this helps. Many owners on this forum still have snagging issues and have adopted a collective approach. If you would like me to forward your concerns to Vanya i would need your apartment numbers and your full name. When you go in October ask Vanya to direct you to the Galaxy offices you can then arrange to have your apartment inspected for defects.
Kind regards
Pete

J

janicecowan

Royal beach

Hi Janice
I use a company called Keith & Amanda you can contact Keith on 00359899253973 They will check your apartment on a weekly or two weekly interval. With regards your snagging list i have previously posted contact details of the person at Galaxy who is responsable for snagging hope this helps. Many owners on this forum still have snagging issues and have adopted a collective approach. If you would like me to forward your concerns to Vanya i would need your apartment numbers and your full name. When you go in October ask Vanya to direct you to the Galaxy offices you can then arrange to have your apartment inspected for defects.
Kind regards
Pete
Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply. We are travelling to Varna on Thursday 2nd October to have a meeting with the lawyer who dealt with the original sale, she dealt with about 20 of the sales (I think) and she has been speaking to Galaxy from day one. She is very frustrated and she speaks the language. We have asked her for a quote to act on our behalf to try and deal with these apartments for us as we are continually being told like everyone else that the snagging has been done only to find out when we go over that nothing has been done at all. From day one I asked Galaxy to confirm that they would cover all the charges for the apartments and that there would be no additional costs for us and they confirmed that there would be no costs whatsoever, it was only after the apartments had been used for a year that we found out that they were going to charge all the additional items. I am shocked to find out that there are so many other people who are being treated the same way. We bought these apartments as a pension fund but it seems that if Barcelo/Glaxy keep getting away with what they are doing these apartments will soon be unsaleable as new owners will not buy when they are being charged so much. I will let you know how we get on. Janice

P

peter crowe

Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply. We are travelling to Varna on Thursday 2nd October to have a meeting with the lawyer who dealt with the original sale, she dealt with about 20 of the sales (I think) and she has been speaking to Galaxy from day one. She is very frustrated and she speaks the language. We have asked her for a quote to act on our behalf to try and deal with these apartments for us as we are continually being told like everyone else that the snagging has been done only to find out when we go over that nothing has been done at all. From day one I asked Galaxy to confirm that they would cover all the charges for the apartments and that there would be no additional costs for us and they confirmed that there would be no costs whatsoever, it was only after the apartments had been used for a year that we found out that they were going to charge all the additional items. I am shocked to find out that there are so many other people who are being treated the same way. We bought these apartments as a pension fund but it seems that if Barcelo/Glaxy keep getting away with what they are doing these apartments will soon be unsaleable as new owners will not buy when they are being charged so much. I will let you know how we get on. Janice
Hi Janice
Why don't you consider managing the properties yourself if at the end of the day the returns you get back from barcelo our so poor then you should consider the alternative. The company i told you about kieth & Amanda charge half of what Barcelo charge for cleaning they also offer a welcome guest service and as i suggested will carryout regular inspections. I honestly feel that the Barcelo hotel is one of the best in the area and will become very popular in time. your initial set up costs on advertismenr may be expensive but once offset your returns will be greater. You do not have to sign a rental contract you own those properties they our your future. I have my own holiday web site and advertise on internet sits that advertise holiday rentals the enquiries are good and my returns are 40% higher than Barcelo currently offer. Good luck with your meeting in October and keep posting.
Regards
Pete

J

janicecowan

Hi Pete thanks for your reply. We have contacted Keith and have arranged a meeting with him when we are over. Are you based in the UK? Would it be possible to arrange a meeting with you so that you can give us some advice on marketing the properties ourself. Thanks Janice

P

Pint of Guinness

Hi Janice,

I`m in the same situation. Apparently, Barcelo have some software that monitors how many times our apartments have been occupied, though I`m sure this software could manipulate things in Barcelo`s favour!

Are any of your apartments in blocks C or E? Did you get charged the ludicrous fee for addtional equipment of almost 1000 Euros?

Cheers...

Steve

P

Pint of Guinness

Hi POG
Sorry don't seem to be able to reply to private messages. Yes the hotel is everybit a 5 star the lobby and restaurants our fanstastic the pool bar works well and everyone we spoke felt it was the best hotel in sunny beach. furnishings in apartments our a little disappointing carpets poor, but overall very pleased. Did'nt sign up for rental contact due to low returns the hotel seems to attrack high value clients quite expensive to eat and drink service very good food high quality surroundings make for a relaxing stay. Apartment owners seem to be penalized towels for pool area are charged 15 levs per person per day and no allowance is made for cleanig or bedding and towel change very expensive if hotel does this. I would recommend you visit befor agreeing to a new contract this hotel as great potential and according to staff considering this is it first season the hotel has been at 90% occupancy all summer. Stay in touch
Kind Regards
pete
Hi Pete,

What will you do if you don`t renew your rental contract - just leave it empty?

Also, to all those who like myself have outstanding snagging issues and missing items, according to next years rental contract, the apartment has to be of a certain standard and contain certain equipment for Barcelo to renew the contract. If Galaxy have never done the snagging in the first place and never properly furnished and equipped it, I am a little worried that Barcelo will say it is now our responsibilty to get this done at our expense. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
P

peter crowe

Hi Pete thanks for your reply. We have contacted Keith and have arranged a meeting with him when we are over. Are you based in the UK? Would it be possible to arrange a meeting with you so that you can give us some advice on marketing the properties ourself. Thanks Janice
Hi Janice
i am sure you will find keith & Amanda most welcoming. With regards marketing i used a professional web design company who carry out market research and then they design your web page around keys search words. Also if you check out the internet there are several web sites advertising holiday lets. Once you have your advertising in place it almost becomes self managing clients just choose there prefered dates, the pricing and availability page gives them the total cost and you can use pay-pal or credit cards to collect payment. Remember pay-pal and credit firms can charge upto 2-3% commission on all transactions. If you want to contact me my mobil is 07831 417567.
Regards
Pete

A

annie curran

royal beach barcelo

Message to Mark a, Annie curran, Linda paskauska, Barbara dismore. Have you guys got any comments on what is happening at the Barcelo Royal Beach please respond.
Regards
Pete
hi peter just sent you a message hope you receive it well as i said am very annoyed about this complex i feel they took money off me for staying in my apartment charged 890 euro for 2 weeks stay and as i am in rental section they charged me 980 euro for utensils and new renters with this new rental contract are only been charged half the price what is going on out there the management fee is mad and what if they keep putting it up and up every year looking forward to hearing from you annie curran

P

peter crowe

Hi Pete,

Also, to all those who like myself have outstanding snagging issues and missing items, according to next years rental contract, the apartment has to be of a certain standard and contain certain equipment for Barcelo to renew the contract. If Galaxy have never done the snagging in the first place and never properly furnished and equipped it, I am a little worried that Barcelo will say it is now our responsibilty to get this done at our expense. Any thoughts?
Hi POG
I have never signed a rental agreement i advertise my self. With regards the internal standard i am afraid my friend you may have to do the jobs yourself. I am having to go over next feb to complete the repairs my self. If i was you i would tell them where to shove there contract also why don't you allow me to add your name to the list of unhappy apartment owners.
Regards
Pete

A

annie curran

apartment owner royal beach barcelo

Hi All,
Firstly i will apologise for not visiting the site for a while.
Pete grand job you are doing mate!!
Like you said starting our own forum as you have done with your other apt sounds like a good idea.
I too have experienced all the same problems that everyone else has been having.
I agree exactly with what i think Paula said about them being totally against apt owners we do not seem to receive any benefits from the hotel at all.
Obviously i am not happy with the new rental agreemant the rent was crap last year sounds like it is going to get worse as it is not guaranteed and whats this all about allowing us as owners to have it for one week not in the main seasons.
We are a family of 5 and obviously need to use the summer holidays which they now decide no you are not coming in term time!! Ludricous to say the least.
We also have a friend who owns two apartments in E block .

I am also still waiting for some of the rent from the 1st year which was a discount as i complained about the high charges still not received this .
Keep in touch
Cheers
Mark
hi mark i am also in rental section and am very annoyed with everything about it charged 890 to stay in my own apartment and utensils was double for me than new renters maintainence is mad mad we will all have to stick together and fight this

A

annie curran

hi all this is annie curran and i would like to talk to others in rental apartments about utensils bill we received double the cost that they are charging the new renters next season is anyone else annoyed about this please let me know

A

annie curran

i think we should set up something to fight for our rights as apartmetn owners the rental i got back out of one seasons rental was 634 euro our of 3100 euro they charged me for staying in my apartmetn for two weeks 890 euro all my friends laughged at me and said what is going on and the untensils bill i received was 980 euro and now they are charging new rentals for next season 450 euro and the maintainence is crazy what will happen if they continune to put it up we will not be able to afford to use our apartments with flights etc

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi Pete,

Hi Pint of Guinness

I agree with Pete on the snagging, I'm afraid it's a case of doing it yourself. We shouldn't have to, but the reality is that Galaxy are probably not going to do it. They make all the right noises and tell you what you want to hear, but don't actually do anything.

I have done all my small snagging myself, extra grout in the bathroom, resealed the bath, covered the scratches on the furniture with scratch cover, re-stuck the skirting board back which had come away, etc.....

It's a damn nuisance as I couldn't find anywhere over there to buy the repair stuff so had to buy it over here (UK) and take it with me.

I've still got outstanding things that I just cannot fix myself - a burn in the carpet, a damaged lampshade, an extractor fan that doesn't work and a sofa bed that doesn't work properly. Having said that, it hasn't stopped me from renting out and I just think you've got to take a step back and ask yourself what's the minimum I have to do to get it rented out. In my opinion, if you cover the community charge with rental income, then that's a good start.

In your previous post you said that you have missing items. What's missing? Are they large things like furniture or small things like utensils etc.

Paula

P

Pint of Guinness

hi peter just sent you a message hope you receive it well as i said am very annoyed about this complex i feel they took money off me for staying in my apartment charged 890 euro for 2 weeks stay and as i am in rental section they charged me 980 euro for utensils and new renters with this new rental contract are only been charged half the price what is going on out there the management fee is mad and what if they keep putting it up and up every year looking forward to hearing from you annie curran
Hi Annie,

I`m in the same boat. I was charged 980 Euros for this equipment in 2007, half of which doesn`t exist, and the new contract is only charging people under 450 Euros - I hope this doesn`t mean that the people that have already paid the 980 Euros also have to pay the 450 Euros aswell.

POG

P

Pint of Guinness

Hi POG
I have never signed a rental agreement i advertise my self. With regards the internal standard i am afraid my friend you may have to do the jobs yourself. I am having to go over next feb to complete the repairs my self. If i was you i would tell them where to shove there contract also why don't you allow me to add your name to the list of unhappy apartment owners.
Regards
Pete
Pete,

I will send you a PM mate - I`m in a big dispute with Galaxy at the moment, so they know I`m a VERY unhappy owner.

Where is the best place to advertise and how much do you think you will get renting it out yourself Pete? How will you manage it - ie. cleaning the apartment after each client, etc?

DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY MY APARTMENT AT A REDUCED PRICE? (!)

Cheers,

POG

Last edited: