Barcelo Royal Beach, Sunny Beach (formerly Royal Garden)

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi Annie,

I`m in the same boat. I was charged 980 Euros for this equipment in 2007, half of which doesn`t exist, and the new contract is only charging people under 450 Euros - I hope this doesn`t mean that the people that have already paid the 980 Euros also have to pay the 450 Euros aswell.

POG
Hi Pint of Guinness

Is it possible that they are charging you to 'rent' the equipment from them and you don't actually own it? And maybe the 980 euros you paid in 2007 was for renting the equipment for 2 years? Just a thought ...

Paula

A

annie curran

Hi Pint of Guinness

Is it possible that they are charging you to 'rent' the equipment from them and you don't actually own it? And maybe the 980 euros you paid in 2007 was for renting the equipment for 2 years? Just a thought ...

Paula
well i hope not but i would not put anything past them no i think i purchased the equipment i did fight about the cost of stay and i did get a fefund of 299 euro but if i take it back off them i want everything i paid for i did not even receive some of the items on the list like a microwave but barcelo said they would give me one if i took the rental back so that says something about me owning it thanks for reply keep in touch and i think it is very important to set up some kind of a commetee over there as i said my friends have bought abroad and they all have meetings once a year to know why and why they are charged for things and maintenance

P

peter crowe

Hi all
Sorry i haven't posted for a while i have been in the process of setting up a forum for Barcelo apartment owners and i will keep you all updated on its progress. In addiction i heard today that Galaxy have terminated there argreement with Barcelo and inttend managing the complex from know on.NOT GOOD NEWS.Please keep posting and watch this space for further updates.
Pete

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi all
Sorry i haven't posted for a while i have been in the process of setting up a forum for Barcelo apartment owners and i will keep you all updated on its progress. In addiction i heard today that Galaxy have terminated there argreement with Barcelo and inttend managing the complex from know on.NOT GOOD NEWS.Please keep posting and watch this space for further updates.
Pete
Thanks for the update Pete. How did you find out about Galaxy terminating their contract with Barcelo? Excuse my ignorance, but why would it be bad news for owners?

Paula

P

peter crowe

Hi Paula
My experience of developers managing a complex like our hotel is poor. This is an high quality establishment in part due to the effort and vast amount of experience put in place by Barcelo. Firstly you should ask your self the question WHY. Galaxy have a poor record their is still numerous apartment owners still awaiting repairs. What experience would they bring they our a developer not an hotelier. My concern is that Galaxies main motivator is revenue we have to control our annual fees or our outlay will exceed our income and your investment will become unsaleable. These concerns will become reality if we do not form ourselves into a strong owners group and defend our investments.
Pete

J

Jain and Chris

Has anyone checked out your terms and conditions in your contracts as regards maintenance of the complex? We've done a complete and comprehensive article about maintenance contracts and how they are managed within Bulgarian law.

It is all too easy for the developers to take control of this but only if they have your agreement in the prelim contract and in the deeds - this will show you what they have in mind and what they can or cannot do.

A

annie curran

Hi Paula
My experience of developers managing a complex like our hotel is poor. This is an high quality establishment in part due to the effort and vast amount of experience put in place by Barcelo. Firstly you should ask your self the question WHY. Galaxy have a poor record their is still numerous apartment owners still awaiting repairs. What experience would they bring they our a developer not an hotelier. My concern is that Galaxies main motivator is revenue we have to control our annual fees or our outlay will exceed our income and your investment will become unsaleable. These concerns will become reality if we do not form ourselves into a strong owners group and defend our investments.
Pete
hi pete keep up the good work and what do you think about setting a commetee and meeting once a year to share our worries

P

peter crowe

hi pete keep up the good work and what do you think about setting a commetee and meeting once a year to share our worries
Hi Annie
Yes once i have created the forum we can look to form a committee elect a chairman and appoint a Bulgarian laywer. We can then legally approach Barcelo/Galaxy instructing them to inform all owners of our existence. This will then give us the authority to protect our interest and negotiate things such has owners been allowed to use their apartments without been charged completing outstanding snagging and above all control annual fee increases. The forum is under construction and should take about two weeks. I will keep you all updated on its progress please all keep posting and include your ideas on what you would like to see on the forum.
Pete

P

paul staines

2009 season

Hi Annie
Yes once i have created the forum we can look to form a committee elect a chairman and appoint a Bulgarian laywer. We can then legally approach Barcelo/Galaxy instructing them to inform all owners of our existence. This will then give us the authority to protect our interest and negotiate things such has owners been allowed to use their apartments without been charged completing outstanding snagging and above all control annual fee increases. The forum is under construction and should take about two weeks. I will keep you all updated on its progress please all keep posting and include your ideas on what you would like to see on the forum.
Pete
Hi Pete It appears evident that so many people are unhappy with Galaxy that an independent uk based consortium of owners could be a viable proposition for the futre,possibly with one website/booking area shared by all.Your friends Keith & Amanda may be very helpfull if this is the way to proceed.Whilst this is idealy what i would like to happen the 2009 season is not that far away and i dont want both apts empty for the season. I will put off renewing rental contract as long as possible in the hope we may be able to try and put something together with shared costs . look forward to your Forum keep up the good work many thanks Paul staines

P

peter crowe

Hi All
I am pleased to announce that our forum in know up and running click on the link Bulgaria Holidays then click on the link to the forum (Barcelo) hope to see you all there
Regards
Pete

P

peter crowe

PS You must all register before you can access the forum.
Pete

S

spudthedub

apt no

hi i am new to this forum,i did not realise there was so many problems with the owners,you can add my name toany complaints to be sent to galaxy,my name is Tony Murphy and i own apt.c610

P

peter crowe

Hello all, I,m owner from Latvia and I know some more guys who have appartment on this complex. They aren,t happy about this news, too. We don,t know ,living in other country, how offen appartments will be rent out. I,m going to be there in 25 of september 2008. Will talk with out manager.
Hi
We know have our own forum please follow the link and register Bulgaria Holidays
Regards
Pete

P

peter crowe

hi pete
i own an apartment in royal beach in the guaranteed section not emailed them back yet about what i think about the increased fee but i do think its quite steep does'nt really bother me if they close it or not would'nt go that time of year anyway but i do think they should at least not charge us if its closed.
do you know what rental income we will get from barcelo next year will it be better than galaxy's? when they take the agreement over dont know weather to renew or try and sell.

thanks michelle sharp apt c701
Hi
We know have our own forum please follow the link and register Bulgaria Holidays
Regards
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi Pete,

As per prev message, even though the closure wont affect me I am happy to join the group regarding the increased fees etc.

My apartment is A402 (Debbie Rostron)
Hi Debs
Regards
Pete

P

peter crowe

Barbara,

What has been the actual return on your investment p.a. when you strip out all your purchase costs, maintenance charges and mortgage (if applicable).

Thanks.
Hi Lysos
Regards
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi Annie,

I have also bought an apartment here. I stayed in the apartment last -Th complex is beautiful and the apartments are great. However we were dissappointed to find the furniture we were promised was not what we had in the apartment. We didnt get the 4 poster bed, plasma tv's and the breakfast bar. But all the same were still pleased will the apartment. Our bills came to 2270 euros for 2007 of which they refunded us 299 euros. Whilst we stayed there we were asked for a further 788 bulgarian lev to cover the cost of water, electric etc.. for our 2 weeks stay.
I am thinking of selling after my 2 year rental agreement expires this year as I have heard that they have gone up in price. How about you? Do you know how to go about this? do you know of what taxes we will need to pay?
Thanks
Barbara
Hi
Regards
Pete