Recommendations of trusted agents / developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I think we are now going off topic. This thread is for buyers to post who they recommend to use / steer clear of.
I dont want to upset either of you but can I suggest that maybe the conversation is continued via pm or email.
Thanks
Alison

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Welcome Back Dave99!

Hi I think we are now going off topic. This thread is for buyers to post who they recommend to use / steer clear of.
I dont want to upset either of you but can I suggest that maybe the conversation is continued via pm or email.
Thanks
Alison
I don't know where you've been for the past few months Dave99 but it seems some things don't change! Still 'agent bashing' I see? It's a good job you only had a handful of apartments to sell or maybe you would have found you needed us more than you think

S

Sanchez

Ralph and Gitta are friends of mine and are trustworthy people.
I have brought property through them before and are one of the very few Orascom approved agents who sell property in El Gouna.
Their website is ........

El Gouna Immobilien

Dave

D

dave99

Agents

Hi Peter

I'm sure that if we had been looking for agents then you could have sold all my apartments many times over by now, and I would have been singing your praises like many others on the forum, and I may even have thought that commission was well spent versus my time etc. Maybe on the next project !!!

One reason for joining this thread was because of the views from some of the non-agents on this thread being concerned about their treatment.

R

Riccal

Hi Peter

I'm sure that if we had been looking for agents then you could have sold all my apartments many times over by now, and I would have been singing your praises like many others on the forum, and I may even have thought that commission was well spent versus my time etc. Maybe on the next project !!!

One reason for joining this thread was because of the views from some of the non-agents on this thread being concerned about their treatment.

Dont take this too much the wrong way but I think you have to acknowledge the business sense in posting on this web site. It has certainly been very useful to your business on an ongoing basis.

Just a little suspicious of the much touted 'I wanna speak out about the nasty agents and their treatment of clients' syndrome which is, quite frankly, a much used and effective sales technique of its own.

The company that I work for is launching into Egypt this week and have spent over 3 months doing nothing but due diligence which is available to our clients at no cost and which has been acquired from a completely independent lawyer. At the same time, I am sure our clients will want to do their own research and will pitch up on this forum or another at some time in the future. The point is, they will not be paying any extra money to deal with us with any of the developments we are making available and we may well be able to give them better offers than they would have got directly themselves (obviously not from you Dave).

This is our first foray into Egypt but we have been extensively involved in many other locations and, after our initial period in the market, we are usually actually able to negotiate and structure deals which developers would not normally make available when they are selling themselves or over a vast network of agents. Selling themselves they have to put too much time in to be able to offer significant discounts or deals and, if they have a large network, the offers must be flat across the network and they still have a lot of work to do coordinating the efforts of many sellers.

When the right agent is involved in the business we are a power for the good for the client. Nobody disputes car dealers being involved in the marketplace because the astute buyer can always get to talk to a human being, structure a deal because the agent is more amenable to a deal and not have to fight their way through the bureaucracy of a large car manufacturer who cant be bothered to talk to the little guy.

You do your thing Dave, and we will do ours. Hopefully, they are pretty much the same.

Cheers

Rick

S

subell

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Neil Hollingsworth for his personal assistance, help and patience regarding purchase information of an Egyptian property. He applies himself wholeheartedly whilst providing an excellent service he is also very knowledgeable and exceptionally informative on all matters relating to overseas purchases and I would have no hesitation in recommending him and R.G.P to friends & family in the future. Keep up the good work it's very much appreciated.
Susan Bell

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thankyou Sue. That is what this thread is about - genuine investors sharing their experiances of their agent and developer.
Thankyou for your input xx

queenie40something

queenie40something

To add mine
My developer is Tarek and based in Cairo. I have bought in Sharm. If I need any answers to any questions I email him. I did so today and as per usual he answered within half an hour!! Yes others take note. He always answers the same day which gives me confidence instead of being ignored. My agents are Sharm Real Estate who have also been on the ball and answered my queries - if unknown they ask me to contact Tarek the developer. I can talk to them via phone, email but also by Skype live. The developer is doing his utmost to satisfy the buyers on Sharm and is always on hand for me. I have heard so many that do not get the fast response I do that I feel privalidged to say say the least. Come on other developers why cant you do the same and let the buyers get answers from the horses mouth??

L

lovesquadsue

Just wondered if anyone could direct me to Agents in the UK, that sell properties in The Red Sea.

Regards
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

Me and my husband have recently bought an apartment in Hurghada - we ended up going direct to the developer (more or less) after a bad experience with a UK based agent. (I cant post thier name at the moment for legal reasons but once the legalities are out of the way I will defo name and shame!).... I was just wondering why you were looking for a UK based agent? Porb for the same reasons as we did originally ie thinking its a safer bet etc.... If you are thinking of buying in Hurghada I'm sure I can help you out (dont know anything about Sharm though I'm afraid - Queenie is the best bet for there!) and I am not an agent so wont be getting commissione etc... My email address is [email protected] if you want to email me privately. If not then post away and I will do what I can to help!
Sue x

queenie40something

queenie40something

ALL AGENTS - please note that this thread is for investors to post their recommendations not for Agents to advertise their services.

Thanks for you understanding.

S

SuziQ2708

Just thought I'd add my twopennath. We purchased through Property Gems, based in Manchester. Elena has been very helpful she always finds out any queries we have and gets back to us quickly either by phone or email. Peter Mitry is an associate of Elena's and he is based in the Hurghada district so, now we're progressing with our purchase, Peter tends to be our main point of contact. This said, I am confident I could phone/email Elena tomorrow and she would still assist me. Peter is a very active member of this forum, offering his services to all, he always answers any private messages, forum enquiries and indeed email efficiently and quickly. I would definately recommend both Elena and Peter to any new purchasers out there :D

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lsab

I'd just like to thank Neil (Rivermead Global) for sending me loads of information and documents to help with my research into my next property (not in Egypt). All unsolicited and without any sales talk.

Many thanks Neil.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I agree, I think Neil has really gone out of his way to help people even when he is not their Agent xx

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

I'd just like to thank Neil (Rivermead Global) for sending me loads of information and documents to help with my research into my next property (not in Egypt). All unsolicited and without any sales talk.

Many thanks Neil.
Hi Lsab, no problem if you need anything else just let me know. Thank you to you and queenie for the support.

A

acalabr

Knight Knox International

I am looking to purchase a studio from Knight Knox International, has anybody dealt with them and are they a reputable company? The proerty is a studio in the Hurghada village development in Egypt.
They are also assuming rental will be around £140 a week for a studio.
Completion is due in September, and they say that it is a british developer.
Can anybody shed any light on the above.

L

Lsab

Right, at last I've got a spare minute to write about Neil!! After all his help in finding a property in another country, I finally decided on Tunisia. The developer wanted me to deal directly with them but I was adamant that I wanted to go through Neil, to the point that I would lose out on an incentive with them. Neil has been invaluable especially since I've been without the internet for almost a week. He's kept in touch all the way and incredibly and amazingly, paid for the incentive that I lost with the developer. I really can't praise him highly enough.

(Although Egypt is on hold for us at the moment we haven't given up completely. We do need a breather though!).

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi Lsab, you are very welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you in buying the property.

C

Clive

I don't think it matters where your agent is based. I have invested in hurghada at the beginning of the year, and researching my next Egypt investment now - my agent is based in Sofia and they are absolutely excellent in every aspect.

J

jess100

i would like to recomend deepblueinvestment to anyone thinking of buying a property overseas.

I have recently purchased a hotel room at the pyramisa in sharm el sheikh and the service i got from Sean was first class.

J

jeremy bright

I am looking to purchase a studio from Knight Knox International, has anybody dealt with them and are they a reputable company? The proerty is a studio in the Hurghada village development in Egypt.
They are also assuming rental will be around £140 a week for a studio.
Completion is due in September, and they say that it is a british developer.
Can anybody shed any light on the above.

where do you get £140 from as you will only get 10% of price of your studio in rental if you go throo knight knox

Status
Not open for further replies.