Recommendations of trusted agents / developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Although Neil isn't my agent I know that many members would second that Sara. He's also helped a lot of members that aren't buying through him.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Although Neil isn't my agent I know that many members would second that Sara. He's also helped a lot of members that aren't buying through him.
OHHHH Neil Lucky they didn't try me as well ;)

R

rossantony

here you go.......

Just wondered if anyone could direct me to Agents in the UK, that sell properties in The Red Sea.

Regards
Ryan
try stuart williams ......

follow the web address on this post...

regards

rossantony

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Just wondered if anyone could direct me to Agents in the UK, that sell properties in The Red Sea.

Regards
Ryan
I've only spoken to Neil at Rivermead on the phone but he seems a decent chap and and many others seem to have had a positive experience.

P

Peter07

Hi all. I too am new at this, but my partner and i are looking to purchase/invest in a property, in Hurghada, called 'Hurghada Village'. It is off-plan, and is due to be complete, in August 2008. We have found a 2 bed apartment, 75sqm, on the 2nd floor, at a price of £26,600, of course this is unfurnished, but with furniture pack, and all legal fees,(that we have been informed of),should come to no more than £33,000. I am currently, liasing with a company called, 'Knight Knox international ltd'. The guy i am dealing with, has been extremely helpful, and 'so far' seems to of answered all the questions that i can think to put to him. He has sent me floor plans, discriptions of the area, i.e. Mosque, School, Garage, etc, and even included the, 'details of airlines, flights, day's they travel etc etc. As well as jpg's of furniture packs etc etc. He is asking for a reservation deposit of £2000. I wondered has anybody out there ever used, Knight Knox??/ and if so, what are your feelings and thought's about this company?? Any replies, no matter how small, good or bad, would be much appreciated. Thankyou. Be safe.
Hi I am new to this so please forgive me if I have incorrectly entered this.
I have just put a Reservation with the same Agent for an apartment in Lotus breeze. Can you let me know how you have found this agent

J

jeremy bright

Hi I am new to this so please forgive me if I have incorrectly entered this.
I have just put a Reservation with the same Agent for an apartment in Lotus breeze. Can you let me know how you have found this agent
i also used them but are only interested in getting your money they are only down the road from me and are a proper estate agents in good area and have been there a long time

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

i also used them but are only interested in getting your money they are only down the road from me and are a proper estate agents in good area and have been there a long time
Hi Jeremy, by the amount of people i have helped out i would say they are like the majority, once they have the money they move on to the next sale and think their job is done. I know someone who would have something to say about them however he is banned from here so can't!!

Last edited:
J

jeremy bright

Hi Jeremy, by the amount of people i have helped out i would say they are like the majority, once they have the money they move on to the next sale and think their job is done. I know someone who would have something to say about them however he is banned from here so can't!!
that is what i have found they was on the phone all the time wen i was looking in to buying but when put the deposit down i had no contact from them also they had different complexes on there books at the time i now have found out and did not inform me of it my issue i have with them i bought in the wrong complex but hopefully i have managed to move the money over to a better one but has cost me as when i first was looking prices was a lot cheaper

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

that is what i have found they was on the phone all the time wen i was looking in to buying but when put the deposit down i had no contact from them also they had different complexes on there books at the time i now have found out and did not inform me of it my issue i have with them i bought in the wrong complex but hopefully i have managed to move the money over to a better one but has cost me as when i first was looking prices was a lot cheaper
They were probably paid higher commission on the one they sold you, not uncommon practice.

W

wanderlust

Recommended Agent

Hi All
Thought it was about time I posted re my agent/broker . Prior to my going out to Hurghada to look at Developments and following some research (which you may have probably guessed by now I do a lot of!!) I asked Peter Mitry to support me in my search for an apartment.
Before going out I had a shortlist of developments that I wanted to see (some I believe he represented some not) I discussed all of these with Peter and at no point did he disuade me from seeing any of my choices.
We disussed my requirements in depth and I asked him to be honest and not to 'pull any punches' with me re my expectations and what was realistic and what wasnt, I am the type of person that 'tells it as it is' and appreciate this in others .I believe I made the right choice for me as far as agents go . It was important for me to feel comfortable,secure and to have a mutual respect in my professional relationship with my agent . I believe I have got that.
In all my discussions/communications with Peter he has been totally professional when discussing developments he is and isnt involved in . His primary concern being what I wanted and to meet the list of requirements I had (which believe me was exhaustive as I had a prepared spreadsheet of questions etc).
I did reserve an apartment whilst out there and the descision was totally mine having been in posession of all the information I asked for on all of my shortlist and more. Peter has continued to support me in variuos ways following this reservation and I have no doubts he will continue to do his best for me . Although I do appreciate sometimes you do become a victim of your own success and he is very busy.
I think you get the message. Thought it would be nice to post a good experience.

V

vix

Hi All
Thought it was about time I posted re my agent/broker . Prior to my going out to Hurghada to look at Developments and following some research (which you may have probably guessed by now I do a lot of!!) I asked Peter Mitry to support me in my search for an apartment.
Before going out I had a shortlist of developments that I wanted to see (some I believe he represented some not) I discussed all of these with Peter and at no point did he disuade me from seeing any of my choices.
We disussed my requirements in depth and I asked him to be honest and not to 'pull any punches' with me re my expectations and what was realistic and what wasnt, I am the type of person that 'tells it as it is' and appreciate this in others .I believe I made the right choice for me as far as agents go . It was important for me to feel comfortable,secure and to have a mutual respect in my professional relationship with my agent . I believe I have got that.
In all my discussions/communications with Peter he has been totally professional when discussing developments he is and isnt involved in . His primary concern being what I wanted and to meet the list of requirements I had (which believe me was exhaustive as I had a prepared spreadsheet of questions etc).
I did reserve an apartment whilst out there and the descision was totally mine having been in posession of all the information I asked for on all of my shortlist and more. Peter has continued to support me in variuos ways following this reservation and I have no doubts he will continue to do his best for me . Although I do appreciate sometimes you do become a victim of your own success and he is very busy.
I think you get the message. Thought it would be nice to post a good experience.
What a lovely post. I'm sure you are giving credit where credit is due. There are so many shysters are out there, it is so good to read something so refreshing. Peter offers help to all and every one, just as George and Neil do. The latter have both given me valued advice, and I have to say, as wanderlust does about Peter, neither are pushy or overbearing. They both advise when asked, and walk away, leaving you make the next move. Personally, having bought off plan, without even visiting the area, it was the right choice for me. If I had gone over, met with all three, visited all the sights etc, I would still be dithering. However, I reiterate, this was best for me, my choice.
I am now currently looking for another purchase, but dont know where, maybe not Egypt, I havent decided. I just hope there are decent people out there when I do make a decision. Enjoy your purchase wanderlust.

D

dave99

Not every development uses an agent

Regards
Ryan
HI Ryan

I am in the UK and selling my own development so you're not going to get any agent telling you about what I have to offer.

I make a point of meeting all my potential owners in the UK, maybe you could let me know which of the agents you decide to use will do that.

Another difference is that I will also have an apartment in the same development, and be involved with our Owners Club.

D

dave99

Do not limit your search by using ONLY agents

Hi i am new to all this and a quick question
is there a recomended agents list or a stay clear of list
regards

Hi

There are more devlopments out there than those that spend your money by selling through lots of competing agents.

I am in the UK selling MY OWN apartments in Hurghada (with a partner in Hurghada).
I am selling to a very specific market which will not suit everyone but it may just suit someone like you, and you would never know if you close your eyes to NON agent sold developments.

D

dave99

Are Agents in business to sell or not

Seems to me that an agent has a job and that is selling, not the long term hand holding, or have I got that wrong.

Maybe time to consider buying from the owner of a development who is going to be part of the Owners Club with his buyers !!!

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Seems to me that an agent has a job and that is selling, not the long term hand holding, or have I got that wrong.

Maybe time to consider buying from the owner of a development who is going to be part of the Owners Club with his buyers !!!

Be very careful dave99 there are some agents that build up long term relationships with their clients, so DO NOT tar every agent with the same brush. I think an apology is required.

D

dave99

Long term relationships

Be very careful dave99 there are some agents that build up long term relationships with their clients, so DO NOT tar every agent with the same brush. I think an apology is required.
Hi

This is an open question.

This is following the theme raised early in this thread.

Whether or not ANY agents maintain a long term relationship, is not the question.

As I am sure you will already know the larger agencies tend to have "sellers" and that IS their job, or am I wrong.

The relationship side the an agency is left to the smaller agents who in general are one or two people who live their business, rather than employees who probably working on their next sale, all the time, and who will "move on" in the not too distant future.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

This is what you posted and i am telling you, you have got it wrong. Whether it is a small agency or not you have said and agents job is selling and not long term hand holding.

If you want to carry on thinking that way and offend all the agents that do help their clients long term then carry on, if you think it will help you sell more of your apartments.

D

dave99

Personal experience

This is what you posted and i am telling you, you have got it wrong. Whether it is a small agency or not you have said and agents job is selling and not long term hand holding.

If you want to carry on thinking that way and offend all the agents that do help their clients long term then carry on, if you think it will help you sell more of your apartments.
There may well be lots of agents who help their clients after the initial sale, I have never said otherwise.

Can you honestly tell me that there are not lots of "sellers" out there that ring potential customers on a frequent basis with little or no thought of developing a long term relationship.

I get at least 5 calls a week from such agents, about an initial enquiry made over a year ago - now that could just be someone developing a relationship, or maybe the words - "I've just taken over from whats his name" , or "are you still looking for ???", or "we have this great offer for ???", are common opening gambits which may just tell you something.

I've never heard any of these agents even hint at providing any VITAL information in the post - if it's not on their web-site they often have no idea where else to look.

My comments are based on personal experience with numerous UK based agencies, therefore I accept that it may be different in other countries.

Maybe some of the prospective owners / Forum members could offer some insight into their experience on this sort of behaviour.

How many FORUM members have been sent due diligence reports without asking, how many get copies of land deeds EVER, how many get a copy of the Owners Charter before they sign up (if there ever is an owners club). Is this part of the what the agents does, or is for someone else to do.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Dave, i am not disagreeing with you and there are many more "sellers" out there than good agents. What i took offence to was the fact you stereo typed every agent as being this way and it is not true there are some good agents out there and you don't have to be a UK developer selling his own development to be able to offer help through the whole process. Now this is all i am saying on the matter, i have long term relationships to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.