New Marina Hurghada near Arabia Tourist district

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
How many people have bought in the New Marina area? It would be good to hear what you have bought and what makes you think the area has good investment potential?

J

jeremy bright

I Will Be Surprised If You Find Any One On The Forum Who Has I Was Told A Lot Was Sold To Well To Do Egyptians And Also

When Was There In November Walking Around The Complex It Was A Ghost Town It Was In The Evening And There Was No

Lights In The Apartments I Do Not Think There Are A Lot Of People Staying There If Any Also My Personnel Interest In The

Place

Started Last Year Stayed At A Hotel Next To The Ministry Of Sound Over Looking The MarIna Found Out When Was Back

Home About The Penthouses On The Roof Was Only £12.000 Pounds Was Buying One But Got Cold Feet But Mow Wish I Had

And All This New Talk About A Pool And Beach Is Making Me Pull Out My Hair And I Am Kicking My Self Now

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Never mind; there will be other opportunities. We all have 'what ifs' in our lives but the truth is it doesn't matter when you get on board because in a rising market you will still gain.

J

jeremy bright

Had A Renewed Interest At The Beginning Of 2007 In Finding Out If There Was Any Of The Penthouses Still On The Market So

Contacted The Agent That Was Dealing With ME And Was Told They Had Stooped Selling Them And Taken Them Of Sale So

I Gave The Company In Egypt Who Are Managing The Place A Phone Call To Confirm The Info And They Told Me When The

Directors Make There Mind Up What They Are Doing With Them They Will Contact Me But Never Did And When I Got Back To

Them Was Told Are All Gone I Think A Company Has Bought Them All Now To Let Them Out

Last edited:
J

jeremy bright

Never mind; there will be other opportunities. We all have 'what ifs' in our lives but the truth is it doesn't matter when you get on board because in a rising market you will still gain.

THE STORY GETS NO BETTER AS MADE A BAD MOVE FINELY MADE MY MIND UP TO GO FOR IT AND BUY A PLACE I BOUGHT THE FIRST

PLACE I LOOKED AT ON THE NEXT VISIT WAS IN THE VILLAGE PAYED £12.000 DOUBLE THE PRICE WAS BUYING IN THE MARINA AND NOW

HATE WHAT I BOUGHT AFTER NOW LOOKING WHAT PROPERTY ARE ON THIS FORUM AS I DID NOT FIND OUT ABOUT THIS UNTIL HAD SIGNED

THE CONTRACT

Last edited:
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Are these in the Marina being sold by Mehanna Agency? I thought they were more like 120000 GBP plus now? They rent for 1000€ per month.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Personal preference?

Hi Westmids

Why modernise the area around the Marina? The beauty about the location of the Marina is that you have the option of paying 20le for a beer in your cosy gated community or you can go outside the gates and within a 5 min walk pay 6.5le for the same beer. I like the choice. In El Gouna, Esplanada and I suspect Sahl Hashish there is no choice. The same applies to everything you drink, eat or buy. Don't get me wrong, at times the locals and the Russians in Sekala drive me potty and force me to retreat to the sanctory of the Esplanada.
Teek
Hi,

I suppose its personal preference but if I was paying £120,000 I would want more from the area once I left the gate. For example when I was out there in
January i went past the Marina and took in the area. There is a fish market near by and im sorry but it reeks.

Surely it would be better if you bought near the esplanade, Sahl Hasheesh, El Gouna and then walked into or taxied into Sekalla area when you wanted a bit of culture then the other way around.

Like I said its personal preference.

Regards

Westmids33

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Couldn't agree more! Still whatever 'floats your boat' (pardon the pun!)

J

jeremy bright

Are these in the Marina being sold by Mehanna Agency? I thought they were more like 120000 GBP plus now? They rent for 1000€ per month.

was small thing on the roof with no air con and no kitchen that was £12.000

queenie40something

queenie40something

New Marina - Hurghada - Near Arabia Tourist District

Looking good - see pics - will be fantastic in 3 months time, very upmarket and walking distance from the new Tourist area in Arabia Beach near to Red Sea Residencia.

If I didn't know better it could be a pic of somewhere that costs 4 times as much as the "norm" for Hurghada apartments.

Expensive boats or what !

Hi we are now 3 months down the line. Has any one got any updates and any new pics??

D

dave99

More pics

New Marina - Hurghada - Near Arabia Tourist District

Looking good - see pics - will be fantastic in 3 months time, very upmarket and walking distance from the new Tourist area in Arabia Beach near to Red Sea Residencia.

If I didn't know better it could be a pic of somewhere that costs 4 times as much as the "norm" for Hurghada apartments.

Expensive boats or what !
More Pics.

Attachments

Georgina

Georgina

I think it must have been 2005 when I heard a rumour in El Gouna about a new marina in Hurghada and they were just releasing apartments for sale. I went to have a look and was very impressed. Back then a two bed apartment was GBP40,000! They were saying completion date would be July 2006. Hmmmm. The goats were still living behind the complex. I was asking a lot of questions about where all the visitors to the bars and restaurants would park and they were saying infront of the apartments. This was when all the car bombs were going off in Sinai! Since then I am sure they have addressed this security and I know recently I tried to get in with a taxi to visit a yachtie friend and it was tough so we gave up.

Last year I visited a friend's penthouse apartment there which he was just furnishing and it was stunning. My concerns were from the noise from the road at the back with the mini bus horns going all night and also lack of beach and places to walk. It is great for a holiday but to live I'm not so sure. My friends moved their yacht there from El Gouna marina and said they went crazy after a while. Others moved their yachts there and loved it. Maybe because there were a few yachts together.

There is a public beach nearby but back in 2005 I went to check it out but got completely hassled with guys wanting to have their picture taken with me. It was funny but I am sure the novelty would wear off.

I am really looking forward to it opening properly and visiting the bars and restaurants. The Thai restaurant is the same as the one in El Gouna and it is excellent. My Egyptian friends who live in El Gouna are opening a bar and they have just been told it will now be July before it can open. I will certainly be there for opening night.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Hi Georgina I read your introduction and it is so good to hear that you have found Egypt so much to your taste and that you appear to have settled in really well. My wife and I are moving to Magawish in Hurghada next month and whilst I am very positive about the move (as we have our business there),my wife is naturally a little unsure. It will be good to meet up with you and to share your experiences.

P

propertastic

Hi Georgina,

My girlfriend and I just moved into an apartment at the Hurghada Marina a little over two weeks ago.

The apartment is really nice - a two-bed/two-bath that is so vast that we lose one another inside it quite regularly. The views are amazing.

You have made my cry telling me that it would have been possible to buy one for GBP40K just a few years ago. It must be worth around GBP150-200K by now.

Despite the fact that it was finished around a year ago, it's still currently a bit of a work in progress. They are supposed to be relaunching it over 6-7 June after handling all of the sales and marketing over to the people behind Papa's, Ministry of Sound and HedKandi.

Their marketing materials make it sound as if it is going to be wonderful when it's all launched - with a lot of entertainment, 15 restaurants, 6 bars and 100 shops with an entertainment programme of events there going on constantly to breathe a little life into it.

I really can't see that they are going to be ready for launch on the promised dates though as there doesn't seem to be a lot of frantic activity going on there - a lot of workers lazing around enjoying the views! I haven't seen any promotion for the relaunch in town, even though it's supposed to be happening in just three weeks. The staff at HedKandi said that they were supposed to be moving in six weeks - this sounds a bit more realistic.

The goats are still there!

Georgina

Georgina

It will be good to meet up with you and to share your experiences.
I am happy to do that. You can find me in the Smugglers Pub on a sunday night at the back of Abu Tig Marina or we can arrange to meet anywhere when you are ready.

Georgina

Georgina

I heard Papas Bar is having their launch party at Hurghada marina not this weekend but next? Anyone know if all the bars are starting to open now?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina I read about the Grand Opening. I saved it in my faves and it said 10 new restaurants, 7 new bars, up to 80 new shops, 10 DJ's. 8 European performers and 6 live bands. Sounds like a good week end. Said 6th/7th June. Dont know if all below will be opening then.
Restaurants and bars are Hed Kandi, Papas Bar, Papas Deli - which will be a Subway type of deli, Paccino coffee, Shade ( ultra modern concept bar and grill ) The Lodge - log cabin styled pub and Sky lounge and bar and all these are minutes from each other. Café del Mar and Bordiehn are sister cafes and are opening in the near future but under the names of Bistro Del Mar and B’s At The Marina, White Elephant Thai restaurant, The Heaven, Goa and Sushi Guishi are a few.
Shops include: Nike, Adidas, Timberland, Levi’s, Dockers, Canvas by William (art gallery),Abu Ashara, C&Co Optics, Playlife Accessories, Sticky Fingers (children’s clothing),Baraka Optics, Cotton Wear, Seagull Sports.
There will also be banks, real estate, art and crafts shops, Cheeky Monkeys and Rocket Bungee. It said there will be entertainers day and night in the Marina.
The info is all on here Hurghada Marina Boulevard - Events

Status
Not open for further replies.