New Marina Hurghada near Arabia Tourist district

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chickenman

hi, this is near H Dreams and looks very nice but am lost is the road infront of H Dreams being expanded? I thought i understood the area but until i go i am obviously lost.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi chickenman,
Is the marina near to your development?...

D

dave99

Very near to Red Sea Residencia

Hi chickenman,
Is the marina near to your development?...
Very near to Red Sea Residencia - about 500 metres at a guess.

About 1000 metres from Hurghada Dreams which is further down the beach road.

A

awahee123

Banned
I thought it was more then a 1000 metres (Hurghada Dreams).
I should be going over shortly I will get some pictures of this area for all to see.

C

chickenman

Thanks for that, it is good to know. 1km to me does not seem far as i walk that every morning just to get to my chickens down my fields :) ok no not in searing heat. I will be out there soon and will take some pics. My biggest concern now as people keep putting it in my mind it the 'Shanty Town' references how much of an eyesore is it? I was very bullish about seeing the area and H Dreams but now a few nerves are coming to light. Is the shanty towns nearer the marina or H Dreams end?

P

propertastic

Thanks for that, it is good to know. 1km to me does not seem far as i walk that every morning just to get to my chickens down my fields :) ok no not in searing heat. I will be out there soon and will take some pics. My biggest concern now as people keep putting it in my mind it the 'Shanty Town' references how much of an eyesore is it? I was very bullish about seeing the area and H Dreams but now a few nerves are coming to light. Is the shanty towns nearer the marina or H Dreams end?
The 'Shanty Town' bit is tiny - only visible from the back of the Marina

The areas where Hurghada Dreams and Red Sea Residencia are located are fine.

C

chickenman

Thanks for that propertastic :) thought i was the only crazy whom started work so early. Thanks again.

P

propertastic

Early? I haven't gone to bed yet! I am a creature of the night!

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Shanty town

The 'Shanty Town' bit is tiny - only visible from the back of the Marina

Hi propertastic,

I note what you say about Hurghada dreams but my understanding is that this development is near the Arabia/Dahar area of Hurghada. If that is the case then Shanty Town seems harsh but the area around it is under developed and a bit of a shock to tourists who come out of the plush Hotels.

I think investors will get a nice apartment from Hurghada Dreams but they need to know what they are walking out to once they leave the complex. I was there in November and it can be a culture shock compared to other parts of Hurghada. A more comfortable area and one that has been heavily invested in for Tourism is the Touristic/Village Road/Intercontinental area which includes developments such as Lotus Breeze, Suledar, Desert Pearl, Saras Residence, Regency Towers, Westside Village and Lotus.

As for photos i note those put on the forum by SHO and they look great of the building. As an investor I would want photos of the surrounding area.

Regards
Westmids33

D

dave99

New buildings near New Marina

The 'Shanty Town' bit is tiny - only visible from the back of the Marina.
The area that is "old" at the back of the New Marina is also being revamped with many new buildings so that sometime over the next year or so there will be a much better "touristic feel", but will still be a mix of the old and new just outside the Marina gates.

It will be a "different world" once inside, as you can see from the pics.

D

dave99

Arabia Beach photo thread

Hi propertastic,

As for photos i note those put on the forum by SHO and they look great of the building. As an investor I would want photos of the surrounding area.

Regards
Westmids33
There is an "Arabia Beach photos" thread by Propertywatch which shows some of the new development at the Arabia Beach Hotel end of this area.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Arabia Beach

There is an "Arabia Beach photos" thread by Propertywatch which shows some of the new development at the Arabia Beach Hotel end of this area.

Hi Dave99,

I saw that and to be frank the pictures confirm what I have said that the area is underdeveloped and in need of investment by the Government. It is easy for people to suggest that money is going to be poured into it but what we as investors would require is hard proof, time sacales and not hearsay.

Compare this area with the Touristic area which has had clear investment over the years and there is no comparison. My views are that the Arabia Beach/Dahar area will always be playing catch up with the Touristic area.

The Arabia Beach at this moment in time is more for local Egyptians then Tourists and it will be a fair while/years before it changes.

Regards
Westmids33

D

dave99

Arabia Beach - a Developing area - sure is

You're quite right - Arabia Beach is at least 12 months behind some areas of Hurghada - and that is reflected in the lower prices - the point is that when most of the developments are completed in about 9 to 15 months it will be a much nicer place to be - and that's what makes it a more interesting location for investment.

For those looking for "instant tourist" then Village road is it - TODAY, without sea view walks.

If you want to see the sea and the sand then the place to be is definitely Arabia Beach, it's no contest, it wins hands down.

If you want it all then go to one of the out of town resorts and pay their premium prices for the privilege - all down to taste and depth of your pockets.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
12 months behind?

You're quite right - Arabia Beach is at least 12 months behind some areas of Hurghada - and that is reflected in the lower prices - the point is that when most of the developments are completed in about 9 to 15 months it will be a much nicer place to be - and that's what makes it a more interesting location for investment.

For those looking for "instant tourist" then Village road is it - TODAY, without sea view walks.

If you want to see the sea and the sand then the place to be is definitely Arabia Beach, it's no contest, it wins hands down.

If you want it all then go to one of the out of town resorts and pay their premium prices for the privilege - all down to taste and depth of your pockets.
Hi dAVE99,

Im sorry but again I would have to disagree with you. I cannot see Arabia Beach being 12 Months behind but more like 2-3 years. There are no big companies/chains of investors that I know of coming to the Arabia Beach area. They are all happy in Sekalla or the Touristic area.

In order to play catch up with the Touristic area these large shops/restaurant chains would have to be persuaded and I cannot see that happening.

Apart from your red sea residentia I cannot see any other developments being built barring Hurghada Dreams which as I have mentioned earlier is going to experience the same difficulties.

As for prices I dont believe there is a big difference between the areas barring Sahl Hasheesh which is almost twice the price of Hurghada now.

Regards
Naj

D

dave99

No doubt the other agents can help you here

No doubt the other agents can help you here if you PM them for a list of other dvelopments, of which there are many - maybe not near to Dreams but certainly opposite the Arabia beach Hotel where I am. You only need to go and take a look to be able to see some quite large units almost completed, which claim to be almost sold out.

A

awahee123

Banned
Arabia beach is an area to see before you decide to invest in it, it certainly isn't for everyone and even though it may catch up in the next few years it has a long way to go.Anybody buying for a quick resale forget it,anybody buying for the long term may be ok.
I could happily go and live in this area tomorrow I wouldn't have an issue however if I were looking for rental then there are better positioned developments.
Don't part with your money without a look you will be sorry.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Good advice; never buy anything until you have looked at it. Would you buy at home without seeing where your house is located?

J

jeremy bright

I think anyone buying for a quick resale in an emerging market such as Hurghada should forget it.

yes you are probably right as with this Marina there are properties around the hundred thousand ponds and i was not impurest with the place when i had a look in November it was a ghost town but i bet there was a lot sold with people siting on them or trying to sell but there was only one or two people that looked as if there was in them was no lights on it the apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.