New Marina Hurghada near Arabia Tourist district

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHO

SHO

its still not 100% up and running Jeremy but when it is it will be spectacular...

You have to remember that once its built it has to be furnished, cleaned etc... and the registration process may take up to 6 months. Some developers will not allow you to use the apartment till its registered!!!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I agree with George; anyone investing now should be prepared to wait at least five years before considering reselling. In this time the infrastructure will have been completed, the land registry issues should have been sorted and affordable mortgages should be available. Also, there should be more regular and affordable flights from the budget airlines as tourist numbers are expected to grow.

Anyone who is buying now could see values treble in this time if all of the above come to fruition.

P

propertastic

I agree with George; anyone investing now should be prepared to wait at least five years before considering reselling..
I've mentioned this before, but again there is a danger in thinking too 'anglocentric'.

I deal with a lot of Russians and Eastern Europeans and the vast majority of them don't want to buy offplan - they are only interested in buying finished units. For cash.

It can be a real problem to find them top quality European style properties with all of the facilities they want at the moment.

So, even though the British are going to prefer offplan, there is still a market for resales if they are marketed to the right audience.

M

Mark .Y.

Hi Dave99,

I saw that and to be frank the pictures confirm what I have said that the area is underdeveloped and in need of investment by the Government. It is easy for people to suggest that money is going to be poured into it but what we as investors would require is hard proof, time sacales and not hearsay.

Compare this area with the Touristic area which has had clear investment over the years and there is no comparison. My views are that the Arabia Beach/Dahar area will always be playing catch up with the Touristic area.

The Arabia Beach at this moment in time is more for local Egyptians then Tourists and it will be a fair while/years before it changes.

Regards
Westmids33
Agree completely. Having looked all over Hurghada I would say the best area to buy at the moment is at the "Intercontinental" end.
You are at the "right" end of the Touristic walkway, prices are no more expensive than other areas and Sahl Hasheesh will be a short bus/taxi ride away when it is complete.
I was surprised at how little tourist development there is around the Arabia Hotel district.

Mark .Y.

D

dave99

Tourist development - Arabia Beach

Not sure where other forum members are looking, but there is whole hill side of tourist development just across the road from the Arabia Beach Hotel, and the Grand Azur Hotel just 100 metres away is being almost totally rebuilt.

Maybe Property watch can get down again and take pics up towards the hill side and so we can all see what's happening.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi People,

Anybody stayed in this area when they were out there?...

D

dave99

Area Map - Marina location

New Marina - Hurghada - Near Arabia Tourist District

Looking good - see pics, very upmarket and walking distance from the new Tourist area in Arabia Beach near to Red Sea Residencia.

If I didn't know better it could be a pic of somewhere that costs 4 times as much as the "norm" for Hurghada apartments.

Expensive boats or what !..
The New Marina is just below (south of) thick RED LINE between Sekalla and El Arabia.

Added map from propertastic to show location:
Investment in Property & Real estate Europe- Bulgaria Turkey Croatia

Attachments

P

propertastic

The New Marina is on the thick RED LINE between Sekalla and El Arabia.

Added map from propertastic to show location:
Investment in Property & Real estate Europe- Bulgaria Turkey Croatia
Actually it's not that far north, it's more central than that.

It's immediately south-east of Google's label for Hurghada right in the centre.

It's easy to spot on Google Earth as the buildings are incredibly white compared to the surroundings and the water is incredibly blue.

D

dave99

Well spotted

Actually it's not that far north, it's more central than that.

It's immediately south-east of Google's label for Hurghada right in the centre.

It's easy to spot on Google Earth as the buildings are incredibly white compared to the surroundings and the water is incredibly blue.
Now I see it - thanks

A

andyWagner

New Hurghada Marina

hi there,

it is true all apartments are sold first time round. i know because we have checked a few wekks ago. on the secondary market a 2 bedroom flat with around 100sqm goes for US$195.000 (yes this is not a spelling mistake). most apartments have been bought by arab investors and are actually empty only a few are being lived in. secondary selling is slow (what a surprise) and i am sure that prices will fall eventually (we hope).

the area around the marina is being 'sanitized' the new Grand Marina Hotel (a part of the marina) is being opened this summer and of course the city fathers do not want the tourist to see the old decrepid part of sakalla.

the location of the marina is smack bang in the middle of sakalla just about a hundred meters south-east of sakalla square. the exact location and a fantastic 360degree panorama picture of the marina you find on the Hurghada Information Net.

y'all have a great day now...
Andy

J

jeremy bright

hi there,

it is true all apartments are sold first time round. i know because we have checked a few wekks ago. on the secondary market a 2 bedroom flat with around 100sqm goes for US$195.000 (yes this is not a spelling mistake). most apartments have been bought by arab investors and are actually empty only a few are being lived in. secondary selling is slow (what a surprise) and i am sure that prices will fall eventually (we hope).

the area around the marina is being 'sanitized' the new Grand Marina Hotel (a part of the marina) is being opened this summer and of course the city fathers do not want the tourist to see the old decrepid part of sakalla.

the location of the marina is smack bang in the middle of sakalla just about a hundred meters south-east of sakalla square. the exact location and a fantastic 360degree panorama picture of the marina you find on the Hurghada Information Net.

Andy
i was thinking about the place yesterday still wish i had got one and if so be there living now

SHO

SHO

I have to agree the Marina is fantastic.. I personally love eating and drinking at Marinas and looking forward to a few more commercials opening there...

Has anyone tried the Thai Restaurant there yet?

T

teekme

Prices

Hi Andy

$195,000 is probably reasonable for a two bed front line Marina property in Hurghada. Go anywhere in the world and you will pay a high premium for a front line property. In the Uk I can hear the sea from my house but if I want to see it another £250,000 is required. Our 3 bed. 176m sq Marina property was origionally $99,000, 50,000 quid, a bargain at the time!

At the Esplanada Residence a 2 bed apartment is curently on the market for $280,000. I believe it was origionally $170,000. For that price you get a unrestricted sea views, private beach, large pool, Gym etc. Still a bargain. However, if you want an apartment where you balacony over looks someone else's balacony and no see view then £35 -£40k is fine.

Regards
Teek

hi there,

Andy

A

andyWagner

hi teek,

for sure you are right...i am glad that we bought our 3 bedroom flat on hurghada beverly hills for 6000Euro including the roof terrace. i admit it is not right on the beach but up on our hill the view over giftun and shedwan islands are fantastic....would not trade it for anything...

of course it is not as fancy as the new marina or the esplanada estate...since you seem to have an insight in the esplanada estate...do you know what happened to those waterdamaged apartments...have they been refitted or sold as is...

Andy Wagner (currently on holiday)
Hurghada Information Net

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Dont forget that fishy smell?

hi teek,

for sure you are right...i am glad that we bought our 3 bedroom flat on hurghada beverly hills for 6000Euro including the roof terrace. i admit it is not right on the beach but up on our hill the view over giftun and shedwan islands are fantastic....would not trade it for anything...

of course it is not as fancy as the new marina or the esplanada estate...since you seem to have an insight in the esplanada estate...do you know what happened to those waterdamaged apartments...have they been refitted or sold as is...

Andy Wagner (currently on holiday)
Hurghada Information Net
Hi andy,

I agree with you considering Egypt is still up and coming prices are getting to a point where they are getting too expensive compared to other developing resorts around the world.

By the way I did see the area around the new marina sekalla and wasnt impressed with it. In particular the smells from the fish market dont exactly give the development a luxury feel.

Regards

Westmids33

A

andyWagner

hi westmids33,

you are right but don't forget that the city is cleaning up the whole area around the new marina...the fishmarket and the dry dock will be moved for sure....the new mosque is part of the new development...

and anyway i always thought that the local smells add to the exotic feeling of any place (smile)

Andy Wagner (currently not in Hurghada)
Hurghada Information Net

J

jeremy bright

hi westmids33,

you are right but don't forget that the city is cleaning up the whole area around the new marina...the fishmarket and the dry dock will be moved for sure....the new mosque is part of the new development...

and anyway i always thought that the local smells add to the exotic feeling of any place (smile)

Andy Wagner (currently not in Hurghada)
Hurghada Information Net

there was penthouses there for sale last year for £12.000 wish had bought one as i think place will change as you say area will improve

A

awahee123

Banned
Some developers have run away with the pricing structure in Egypt,whilst the buyers will pay, the developers will keep upping the prices.As westmids says the prices on this particular development have really been increased by such a large percentage that most units are sat empty,what is the point?..

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
There is no point and poor Developments will not sell. Maybe one or two here and there may be sold by local agents but the guys that know what they are doing will wait until a more marketing savvy company takes over....there is plenty of good stuff without worrying too much about the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.