New Marina Hurghada near Arabia Tourist district

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgina

Georgina

Hi Georgina I read about the Grand Opening. I saved it in my faves and it said 10 new restaurants, 7 new bards, up to 80 new shops, 10 DJ's. 8 European performers and 6 live bands. Sounds like a good week end. Said 6th/7th June. Dont know if all below will be opening then.
Restaurants and bars are Hed Kandi, Papas Bar, Papas Deli - which will be a Subway type of deli, Paccino coffee, Shade ( ultra modern concept bar and grill ) The Lodge - log cabin styled pub and Sky lounge and bar and all these are minutes from each other. Café del Mar and Bordiehn are sister cafes and are opening in the near future but under the names of Bistro Del Mar and B’s At The Marina, White Elephant Thai restaurant, The Heaven, Goa and Sushi Guishi are a few.
Shops include: Nike, Adidas, Timberland, Levi’s, Dockers, Canvas by William (art gallery),Abu Ashara, C&Co Optics, Playlife Accessories, Sticky Fingers (children’s clothing),Baraka Optics, Cotton Wear, Seagull Sports.
There will also be banks, real estate, art and crafts shops, Cheeky Monkeys and Rocket Bungee. It said there will be entertainers day and night in the Marina.
The info is all on here Hurghada Marina Boulevard - Events
Thanks for all this information :) Just heard a friend is getting us VIP tickets. Yippeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:cool:

M

Master Thatcher

New Marina opens on 6th June with lots going on from international street artists to 75 metre reverse bungee catapult, the management company is headed by a proffesional team who have many years expirience with entertainment in Hurghada, Bars restuarants and loads of unique shops are planned and also a souk at the far end. Sounds fantastic to me and we plan to be there for the 6th without a doubt.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina you welcome - hope you both have a fab time. Some pics would be nice if you get chance to take some it would be great.

P

propertastic

Watching it every day for the last month, there's no way it's all going to be open for the Official Launch on 6/7 June, although a lot of it will.

I hear that the launch is still on though.

HedKandi isn't going to be opening there until July though it says.

We're always up for a party at unit C2-201 though (although you'll have to bring your own booze [or a passport with an entry visa less than 48 hours old! :) ])

M

Master Thatcher

Yes, I think a big thank you is in order for Paul Evans and his team, who are really working hard to put Hurghada Marina on the entertainment map. they deserve all the support we can give them, I am personally flying over from the UK for the opening next Friday the 6th

L

Leo en Manon

pics

Yes, I think a big thank you is in order for Paul Evans and his team, who are really working hard to put Hurghada Marina on the entertainment map. they deserve all the support we can give them, I am personally flying over from the UK for the opening next Friday the 6th
Hi Master Thatcher, can you make lots of pics, hense the fact we can not :( fly over but are very interested in the Marina and it's status.

Manon
from Leo en Manon

M

Master Thatcher

I certainly will, then I will post them on the site from 21/6/08 for everyone to look at

M

Master Thatcher

New Marina Web Site

Just had a look at the New Marina Website, Looks very impressive indeed, just what Hurghada needs to put it on the entertainment map,Can't wait for the opening on the 6th/7th June.

Have a look Hurghada Marina Boulevard

Rob

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I have merged your thread into this existing Marina one where the link to the Boulevard is. I will leave your thread about the VIP tickets on a thread on its own until after the opening - so everyone will see it.

Georgina

Georgina

Hurghada Marina Launch Party

If the way my head feels this morning is any indication of how the party went then from what I can remember it was a great night! ;)

I had heard so many stories about nothing being ready but the place was packed with people, two stages with great live bands and most bars and restaurants open. Not much sign of life in the apartments above apart from just a few.

My friend from El Gouna and I started off by inviting ourselves onto one of the ridiculously expensive private motor yachts and taking photos of ourselves on the upper deck in the jacuzzi and next to the toys (big jet ski and motorbike). We then enjoyed some drinks at the Lodge (?) I think it was. Having stopped enroute to Hurghada at a friends villa for some enormous sundowners everything was a bit of a blur.

We went to Papas bar where the paint on the toilet door was still wet but no signs. The bar guys were working flat out but never lost their sense of humour. By the end of the night there was only one toilet working and no clue which was ladies or gents just the queue outside each.

Great firework display and I hope nothing hot landed on the nice boats!

I eventually managed to find Lyndsay after many phone calls trying to shout over the live bands and describe where we each were. It was great to meet you and I wish you all the best with everything.

Our drive was not available to take us home (now around 3am I think) so we braved the mass of taxi drivers waiting at the gate. Agreed a price of LE50 to El Gouna and was then shown a private car. Stopped enroute for a phone card, dropped off my friend and then the driver took me home. Gave him the LE50 note which he then gave back to me saying no this is small money and showed me a 50 piaster note. For a few seconds I nearly fell for this trick and remembered I had been holding the LE50 note all the way from Hurghada was there was no doubt in my mind. I told him that I lived here and was not a tourist who is going to fall for something like that.

Telling my friend the story this morning she then realised she had given him a LE100 note for the phone card and he had given her back a LE10 saying she had given him small money by mistake. She gave him another LE100. On checking her purse this morning she had given him 2 LE100 notes. Ooops.

Take care out there, especially when you have been drinking all night!!! :)

Hopefully someone took some shots of everything before it got dark.

Attachments

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
If the way my head feels this morning is any indication of how the party went then from what I can remember it was a great night! ;)

I had heard so many stories about nothing being ready but the place was packed with people, two stages with great live bands and most bars and restaurants open. Not much sign of life in the apartments above apart from just a few.

My friend from El Gouna and I started off by inviting ourselves onto one of the ridiculously expensive private motor yachts and taking photos of ourselves on the upper deck in the jacuzzi and next to the toys (big jet ski and motorbike). We then enjoyed some drinks at the Lodge (?) I think it was. Having stopped enroute to Hurghada at a friends villa for some enormous sundowners everything was a bit of a blur.

We went to Papas bar where the paint on the toilet door was still wet but no signs. The bar guys were working flat out but never lost their sense of humour. By the end of the night there was only one toilet working and no clue which was ladies or gents just the queue outside each.

I eventually managed to find Lyndsay after many phone calls trying to shout over the live bands and describe where we each were. It was great to meet you and I wish you all the best with everything.

Our drive was not available to take us home (now around 3am I think) so we braved the mass of taxi drivers waiting at the gate. Agreed a price of LE50 to El Gouna and was then shown a private car. Stopped enroute for a phone card, dropped off my friend and then the driver took me home. Gave him the LE50 note which he then gave back to me saying no this is small money and showed me a 50 piaster note. For a few seconds I nearly fell for this trick and remembered I had been holding the LE50 note all the way from Hurghada was there was no doubt in my mind. I told him that I lived here and was not a tourist who is going to fall for something like that.

Telling my friend the story this morning she then realised she had given him a LE100 note for the phone card and he had given her back a LE10 saying she had given him small money by mistake. She gave him another LE100. On checking her purse this morning she had given him 2 LE100 notes. Ooops.

Hiiiiiiiiiiii
We been there last night, was alking around then we was invited to this VIP lounge :) so we went eat and drink most of the night but as my wife wasn't with me i felt board and left the party :(

and advice when you take a taxi so late and drink alot should take the taxi number just in case when you wake up and something is lost or he stole your money like this
Regards
George

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Marina Opening

Sounds like it was a great night! Unfortunately I missed it, had clients to meet at the airport and take to El Gouna. I saw the fireworks on the way back but was too tired to party. I will definitely be there tonight though! So if you have all recovered I may see you there.

P

propertastic

Not much sign of life in the apartments above apart from just a few.
This was one thing that really surprised me as well. From the entire development, I spotted less than ten apartments with any signs of life in them - and surely anyone with an apartment in the place would have been occupying it last night.

It's a real mystery to me as to why such expensive apartments are mostly empty when the development sold out ages ago.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
This was one thing that really surprised me as well. From the entire development, I spotted less than ten apartments with any signs of life in them - and surely anyone with an apartment in the place would have been occupying it last night.

It's a real mystery to me as to why such expensive apartments are mostly empty when the development sold out ages ago.
I believe Nick 90% of the buyers are Egyptians so they use it only in summer or rent it if possible or foreigners who bought don't live inside

R

rossantony

marina launch party

what a great night we all had down the marina, loads of people, locals, tourists and residents, all enjoying themselves, promenading, we danced to "walk like an Egyptian" and loved ministry of sounds "V-VIP" free bar and food party. pictures to follow next week..

round 2 tonight!

a big thank you to the Ministry/Hurghada Marina team.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
what a great night we all had down the marina, loads of people, locals, tourists and residents, all enjoying themselves, promenading, we danced to "walk like an Egyptian" and loved ministry of sounds "V-VIP" free bar and food party. pictures to follow next week..

round 2 tonight!

a big thank you to the Ministry/Hurghada Marina team.
Hi Ross Please don't forget to send me what I asked from you last night ok

D

dave99

Fish & Chips anyone

Just been down to the New Hurghada Marina - and taken a few pics.

Wow !! what difference to last time I went.

Surprised to see that it's just like home, well maybe a bit hotter, and dryer.

Now lots of shops & bars etc open.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.