Miscellaneous Questions: Post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dadruid

China cluster

Hi guys,

I live in china cluster. It stinks like hell here. Though its not a regular thing, when the smell is out, u r better off in locked doors r out of that area cos its quite bad. But i got no choice, hopin dat somethin will happen...

W

wayneis

dadruid has been coverd in the press on several occassions, looks like it will be some time though before a solution is implemented

Below from Emirates Today Press report March 2007
Emirates Today reported in Feb 2007 that several residents of China Town at the International City had complained about an unbearable smell from the treatment plant in Al Awir that gave them sleepless nights.

About 700 tonnes of sludge is generated each day following treatment of dirty water. The sludge is left uncovered, resulting in a foul smell.

By the end of the year, facilities will be created to either incinerate the sludge or treat it said Talib Abdul Karim Julfar, Director of the Drainage and Irrigation Department.

W

wayneis

What Bank Finance is Available for International City Please Post Information here

One of our members asked about Bank Finance. If any one has up to date experience on rates and conditions could they post the information here.
eyeC said:
hi wayneis
i was wondering if you know if anyone is financing IC property i went to tamweel today they said they finance only 70% for a max price of 600 AED/sft
so they think the property in IC is worth 600/ft AED only and they dont agree to give finance for all buildings
do you know any other financer

eyeC

eyeC

no wonder

No wonder why they r not financing or financing at such a low value
35000 units will be released very soon in JBR going rate 100,000 for 2 BR apartments even less direct from some owners is this THE START

W

wayneis

Talking with different Banks I get the impression that one of the main reasons Finance is challenging with the International City Project is that the Developer Nakheel has "dropped the ball" several times as well as "moved the goal posts" so they are reluctance to lend funds.

Nakheel is the "Master Developer" of International City however the plots were all sold to developers who the had to construct buildings that were in line with International City’s themes and aesthetics.

Once again when the project is completed more Banks will jump on board.

eyeC I checked with JBR they are saying they have 6,500 apartments 36 Residential Towers

eyeC

eyeC

hi wayneis

this what a construction manager told me 35,000 apartments hes working in JBR

eyeC

eyeC

hi wayneis

maybe you right about the JBR what about TAMWEEL valuation any comments why its so low please explain

eyeC

eyeC

i think they r building somwheer else now

only dust they left behind them

I

Investor___

International city = lower class housing?

For all of you IC owners, I mean no offence by this question, so please excuse my ignorance.

Its just that i've been looking online for a place to rent ( or rent to own ) to stay at on vacations and weekends. ( I live in a neighboring gulf country )

It seems that decent places are really expensive.

Then I found out about the the prices at the IC.

1- Why are the prices so low ( relatively speaking )?

2- Does the place have a gym and stuff like that, that other places normally have?

3- What type of people live there? I mean, like students? Or all kinds of people from different nationalities?

4- Is the quality of the apartments not that good?

Naturally if I ever get a place there i'd visit Dubai first. I just want to collect enough info about different places before I go, otherwise i'd spend too much money at hotels, while looking.

W

wayneis

Affordable House = International City

This is a good question and I will answer this in detail as I imagine others would be asking the same.I am an Owner not a resident of International City so I will answer from an Investment View

1/ There is a combination of factors why I.C. is one of the most affordable projects in the City. This could be viewed as a blessing or a curse depending when you brought and what is your goal for investment. ( Short term flick it on the market again or long term future capital gain or cash flow with rent or become an owner occupier.Historically in Dubai most projects see a spike in sales price on completion of the project then after the dust settles and the neighborhood becomes established with trees,grass people you will see another spike in price if not a steady rise. I can not recall any project yet on completion in Dubai where the price has not increased. I.C. is still a work in progress which has upset many owners who were promised apartments and they have still not been handed over.Do a search on the board many complaints. Myself I had a 1 year delay. There are several threads on this board that discuss the location of the project next to the sewage works and comments from the press and people who have complained about the associated smell.
Past post on smell here
Another here

Lack of transport as well as promised infrastructure that has yet to emerge all contribute to the present price. Once all the above has been addressed prices will change.

2/ The normal clusters do not have a Gym or Pool. I understand that the large Buildings in the CBD district do. There are the odd Basket ball courts scattered around the complex. It is a concrete jungle very little greenery and no parking spaces allocated out side on street side at all for shops

3/ All nationalities live in I.C., do not be put off by the Cluster name. I.C. has become known as one of if not the most affordable place's to rent an apartment . From a tenant view point great. From a future investor not so great but still OK. Why is this so when rent is at ridiculous prices any where else in Dubai? Look at the answer to question 1 PLUS the master developer Nahkeel released a lot of their own apartments onto the rental market in I.C. early this year at rental prices from 3 or 4 years ago. For example Nakheel were renting a studio for 32,000 Dirhams. I still do not understand why they did this when many people purchased in I.C. as an investment. My thoughts are that as Nakheel is owned by the Government of Dubai then this is the Government seen to be doing something other than a rental cap to assist those who must rent.

4/ Build Quality will depend on who built your building. My apartment the finish was not up to standard.( I was told by Nakheel that my building contractor was one of the best!) Nakheel came back and re painted as well as re plastered several areas. They came back another time after I had water connected as there were water leaks. ( I was told this was common) When my tenant occupied the apartment Nakheel came back again to fix another water leak and also complete sloppy paint work. The response time with defects has been excellent, usually done the same day however one has to ask why was the project or building not inspected to a proper standard before handover?

The answer I received from Nakheel is that the building owner is given the opportunity to inspect the building and do a "snag check" My case the building owner did not do this. I also do not understand why Nahkeel did not have a quality control programe in place or if they do or did it was not working.

So is the I.C. a good investment? Depends again what you are in the market for. It is providing me with a 15% Gross or 13 % Net return on rental, however this is because I purchased off the plan.

Capital Gain wise will depend again when you purchased
those who purchased 12 or 18 months ago will do very well in todays market. I decided to sell this year a 1 bedroom that I brought off the plan 3 years ago and Capital Gain was nearly non existent when I took into account all my charges.

Dubai enjoys one of if not the highest Hotel occupancy rates in the world (last I read was 85% last year) There is a shortage of rental accommodation due to Projects such as I.C. not coming on line as projected. This is forecast to continue in the future.

To sum up I believe I.C. is an affordable project that will generate cash flow and give you a Capital Gain Once the project is completed in full. I.C. = affordable Housing not low cost housing.

B

blinkybill

What kind of people live in IC? Many units have been rented by companies for their staff. In some cases whole buildings have been let to hotels and such, as staff accomodation. Also, many owners are non-residents who keep the unit for their occasional visits to Dubai. The residents tend to be single, or couples, as the units are studios & 1-beds, except in China which some 2-beds.

Facilities such as gyms are lacking (except in the CBD blocks, but these aren't in the "affordable" category),but should start to appear, given time. We are starting to see some businesses such as restaurants and internet cafes occupying the shops.

One of the big advantages is the traffic - you can get to most parts of town on uncongested roads. Also it's close to Dubai and Sharjah airports.

D

dxbinvest

What is wrong with Discovery Garden? Why is it a flop project?

eyeC

eyeC

dont

dont buy in perisa the smell is bad &building quality is low hard to rent too

B

blinkybill

dont buy in perisa the smell is bad &building quality is low
It's really not that bad - try and visit for yourself and make up your own mind about it.
... hard to rent too
There's plenty of evidence against this as well - buildings have been steadily filling up in the few months since hey were released. Maybe some owners are just asking too much rent.

I

Investor___

Weyneis, blinkybill, thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate it.

L

Liton Miah

Hi All

I am new to this forum and a have a studio in Greece…..are there any other ‘’Greeks’’ on this forum as I have not come cross any who I can get info from as my agents keep on fobbing me off..

Where is this Forbidden City supposed to be anyway?

J

jwayne592

Greece Studio

Hi Liton, Im a fellow Greece purchaser and have bought in building K7 through Dubai Property Link. I'm under the impression it will be completed around December/January and then I imagine it will take a few months to hand over so I'm aiming for the keys around March 2008. The Forbidden City is planned for the middle section of International City and looks very good (if it ever gets built). Have a look on the Nakheel website and choose the International City development option. Good luck with your purchase. Do you know if you're getting a balcony and what buliding/floor are you in?

L

Liton Miah

Hi, my studio apartment is located in building L14 top floor and it does have a balcony. I bought in May 05 from a company called MINC and was told completion would be in Dec 06. I am now being told it should be completed by the end of Sept 07. I think we paid 285,000 Dirhams and it will be fully furnished. I take it not all the apartments come with a balcony.

L

Liton Miah

Does anybody know the answers to my questions below, grateful if you could help?

• When and how do I apply for a residency visa
• Do I need to open a bank account in Dubai for the rental income

W

wayneis

Future Metro Line will it Include International City or Not?

There has been past speculation and comment on possible location of a future Metro line that would include International City. This prompted me to write an email to the RTA to here what their response was to such claims.
Unfortunately at present nothing on the drawing board for I.C.

You can read past comments on this thread here
Short answer No.
Long answer maybe.

Here is a response obtained from Mohamed Essa Al Rowaished

Deputy Director & Rail Design Manger
ٌRTA - Rail Agency
1st August 2007

Dear XXXX XXXXX

Thank you for email query.

There is indeed much publicity and media coverage on the various routes and areas that both the Red and Green Lines will eventually serve. We also received many queries regarding new future lines despite the Dubai Metro still being under construction.

On whether Metro route will serve/pass/or will be close line to the international city, this has not yet been decided as it depends very much on the transportation demands from the public and the business community. We will consider extending the lines to the area if the results of our detail studies indicate a strong justification for us to do so.

We will continue to review our transportation planning needs in particular the rail networks to help serve our community better.

We thank you again for your interest on the development of Dubai Metro.

kind Regards,

Mohamed Essa Al Rowaished

Deputy Director & Rail Design Manger
ٌRTA - Rail Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.