Miscellaneous Questions: Post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daredevil

Metro & Real estate prices

This was published in Gulf News ... Hope IC gets a Metro line and the property price has a boost :)

Metro fires up property prices

By Robert Ditcham, Staff Reporter
Published: June 24, 2007, 23:30

Dubai: Demand for real estate near Dubai Metro stations is heating up in response to the rapid physical emergence of the RTA's Dh15.5 billion project, say property consultants and agencies.

Companies and residents on the hunt for real estate are increasingly prioritising locations near metro stations and are willing to pay a premium to avoid congested roads and tolls.

Meanwhile, landlords and real estate developers are responding by heavily marketing links between their properties and the first phase of the metro, which will follow a route along Shaikh Zayed Road and is scheduled to open in September 2009. The second phase will be built mostly underground and should open in March 2010.

The trend means Dubai's future property hot spots will be dictated by proximity to the metro, says Craig Johnson, general manager at real estate consultancy Landmark Properties.

"We have witnessed a huge surge in interest from prospective investors regarding the metro. Proximity to a metro stop has become a leading strategy for investors looking to maximise appreciation on their investments," he said, without specifying expected appreciation rates.

"Significantly, a number of reputable investment funds who are considered particularly astute in the market are targeting property located close to metro stations."

Peter Penhall, CEO of Dubai-based realty portal Gowealthy, said it is hard to estimate appreciation levels or premiums for property near stations, but said it will have a greater chance of holding its value should the market dip.

Recent trend

The seeds for the project were sown 10 years ago when a feasibility study concluded that Dubai could no longer rely on road networks to cater to escalating traffic.

But investor interest in land near the metro has only recently picked up in response to the physical emergence of train lines and station locations, said Ryan Mahoney, managing director at Dubai-based real estate agency Better Homes. "People are realising that the metro is not just a pipedream. Construction work is happening quicker than they had anticipated."

He said prices should appreciate for non-luxury property within walking distance of stations, but said it is unlikely that Dubai's future demographics will change as the project is being built along existing road arteries.

The majority of investor interest so far has been for commercial real estate, he added. "Business owners are thinking about how their mid-level staff will be able to commute to the office, especially as congestion and tolls are considered barriers to road use."

Retail real estate in and around stations will also be attractive to investors because of the guaranteed high shopper footfall that a metro station can provide, said Penhall.

It remains uncertain how close a property must be to a station to command a premium. In cities with moderate climates the distance is up to 400 metres, but in Dubai it will be nearer 100 metres, said Mahoney.

D

DOC-KASH

A Good Family Hotel In Dubai

Planning To Come 2 Dubai This Month.
Can Dubai Residents Tell Me Of A Good Reasonable Hotel To Stay In With A Family Plus Kid.
I Wil Be Gratefull
Dr.kashif

C

careful

need visa info urgently

hi all
has anyone gone thru the visa procedure on ic property. I need info on the fee and the time it took. where to go and what to do kinda info will be appreciated
:confused:

M

mpatel

can anyone please explain me the difference between lease hold and free hold property?
Thanks

Z

zombie

the reason no one knows is because there really isn't much finance taking place, some property agents have tied up with some banks & are financing some buildings, also in CBD

Z

zombie

The best thing to do is to take one of the fully furnished studio's on rent on a monthly basis. This turns out to be quite reasonable & is also good for families

W

wayneis

Thought we had already answered.... Banks are in the business of lending money so the majority of banks are taking the view that the money is not here they could make more money in other projects and or the risk factor is too high. There are other reason, a multitude of independent and previously unknown developers, a project that is behind sked, and the location to name a view.

I spoke to 3 different Banks and all said much the same thing about I.C. On the other hand banks are tripping over themselves to lend you money on high end Villa Projects even going so far as to lend 90% finance. This was unheard of several years ago It shows how the banks view this sector of the market.

eyeC

eyeC

try taj palace hotel in deira good location near city center and a good family hotel

S

Sunjay

Handover Fee?

I have just received my handover letter from Profile DRE (Zero 4),the building owner, and they are wanting to charge me AED5000 for 'Handover service fee'. Has anyone else been charged these fees?

How else can I get my keys without going through a handover process?

R

Razneer

I have just received my handover letter from Profile DRE (Zero 4),the building owner, and they are wanting to charge me AED5000 for 'Handover service fee'. Has anyone else been charged these fees?

How else can I get my keys without going through a handover process?
Sunjay

This fee is only applicable if you ask Zero4 to do the handover on your behalf.
You can do the handover yourself and avoid such costs if you wish.

K

kauser

remortgaging property in International City

Now that our apartments are nearly ready for handover and should be rented out soon, I was wondering if it is possible to remortgage the property with a dubai based bank or financial Institution. Has anybody thought about this and made any further enquiries. It would be good to pay the mortgage from the rent and release the capital to reinvest elsewhere!

E

england_new

refinance

You can get refinance,for existing property by amlakfinance

M

Malaika

In terms of getting finance or refinance for IC, it is quiet tough since even though the master developer is Nakheel there are no institutions that are willing to do so. Amlak does do it but the process is too long. If you property is not in one of the clusters but in CBD which in the Centeral Business District then there are a few banks that are willing to do so. Let me know if any more queries

D

Don.W

Hi Guys,

I am on the verge of purchasing a studio in France. The property still has not been handed over to the present owner (I was told it would take about one month for this to happen). If I purchase it now or even when it is handed over, what hidden costs do I have to pay?

I was told there was a 2% Fee from Nakheel and also another 2% fee from another developer. Is this true?!

Thanks in advance for your feedback...

R

Razneer

Hi Guys,

I am on the verge of purchasing a studio in France. The property still has not been handed over to the present owner (I was told it would take about one month for this to happen). If I purchase it now or even when it is handed over, what hidden costs do I have to pay?

I was told there was a 2% Fee from Nakheel and also another 2% fee from another developer. Is this true?!

Thanks in advance for your feedback...
Don

Are you buying the property from an agent or private individual

D

Don.W

Hi Razneer,

I am actually buying the property from an agent who is representing the second owner. The quoted price, 340,000 is net to the owner plus commission.

I was curious what other hits I will be taking! I am aware of the title registration from Dubai Land Department is around the the 1.5% mark but was wondering where I can find out in blue print what the others are.

Hey thanks alot.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.