Miscellaneous Questions: Post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ameerj

Well

Thanks for the suggestions already made,

I live in Dubai, Currently pay about 5 k per month as rent, Been same for the last 4 years. that's why I am considering a mortgage and buying a house of my so I wouldn't be paying rent any more.

So considering the fact that I WANT TO BUY in dubai, Do you recommand a 500 k one bedroom in IC rather than a 500k small studio in ( for Inastance ) Discovery gardens?

Thanks

A

aveshbachav

Discovery Garden

Discovery Gardens has been a flop. I would suggest you to buy a one bed in IC or a new development in NEW Dubai like Marina or JLT. Even Jumeirah south village might be a good buy even sports city in DubaiLand. Even greens studio for 600K might not be that bad a buy but beware of high maintenance charges!!!

K

KingPin

Whatever you decide, make sure it is close to current or planned amenities or attractions. make sure that it is situated on a good public transport route. Also, it does not hurt if it the poorer brother of the bigger more expensive development next to it as living next to an iconic area is better than living a cab ride away. All this will help to still make it a desirable area when the time comes for you to sell and move into your villa.
These are considerations but not major concerns for those of us who purchased as soon as the project was launched as we have made a decent profit already.
You however, need to be more discerning as you are buying to live and work from. IC could be a good purchase, it even gives you the choice of facades. but it must not hinder your ability to enjoy Dubai because it is all you can afford at the moment. Sometimes, it is worth stretching yourself a little for a long term gain and immediatly better amenities. As you live there now and you are buying, spend a few weekends and go hunting for a home, but as the previous reply, make sure you know what the hidden costs are and factor those in also.
Good luck

W

wayneis

It is worth Mentioning the Negative Points as an Owner Occupier

Read what King Ping mentioned all the usual points for purchasing Real Estate apply however as you will be an owner occupier then it is worth mentioning rather than glossing over a few of the negative points of International City.

Location of the Sewage Facility
I would not buy in the Morocco Sector as its practically next door to the Sewage Plant as will be the Future developments located around the small Lake.
Lack of Public Transportation. There are some bus services however the Future train Line is many many years away.
Lack of Public Facilities, take a drive around International City and tell me how many shops you can find ( not counting Dragon Mart )
No Schools as promised in place. This would be an issue if you have children.
Lack of Parks, there is no allocated space, its a concrete jungle with the round abouts constituting the bulk of greenery.
There is a small man made lake which Nakheel say is home to 186 species of birds...take a drive down their and you can see mainly seagulls. Not sure where the other 185 species are hiding maybe its even too close to the Sewage Out let for the birds as well:D
There will be a future problem with lack of Parking Space once the complex becomes full. Huge oversight as when the shops are occupied downstairs in all the building's on the Ground floors there are NO PARKING SPACES available on the street side !
Maintanence Charges are ridiculously High for what is provided.
Construction will be ongoing for several years
Who Knows what will become of the planned Forbidden City in the center, its still an ugly pile of dirt with no sign of any construction taking place.
You now have many developers in Dubai offering more affordable housing along with more favorable purchase/ lending options so if you can wait out a few more years you could save your self considerable funds by looking at these options. ( Just up the road from International City you have Dubai Silicon Oasis and further up the massive Dubai Land Project )
Nakheel have not had a good track record in passing on timely and accurate information regarding handover of apartments in international city, just do a search on this web board to read the many legitimate complaints. Nakheel are trying to deal with these issues however they have bitten off more than they can chew and priority wise I.C. rates pretty low down the palm Tree as far as the Mega projects go. This would explain why when you visit the Nakheel Home page you see no mention Of I.C. until you click on the side web links.
Capital Gain from International City will improve once the project is fully completed.

Steer away from Discovery Gardens it is a flop.
International City at present is around the best buy for bucks however you need to be aware of few of the negative points that were mentioned above.

You have to do your own home work and work out if the Positives out way the negatives and suit your budget , lifestyle objectives and goals when it comes to investing in an owner occupied apartment.

Good Luck.

A

ATA

IC

wayneis said:
International City at present is around the best buy for bucks however you need to be aware of few of the negative points that were mentioned above.
Totally agree that apartments in IC are best value for money in Dubai currently.

K

KingPin

wayneis said:
Read what King Ping mentioned all the usual points for purchasing Real Estate apply however as you will be an owner occupier then it is worth mentioning rather than glossing over a few of the negative points of International City.

Location of the Sewage Facility
I would not buy in the Morocco Sector as its practically next door to the Sewage Plant as will be the Future developments located around the small Lake.
Lack of Public Transportation. There are some bus services however the Future train Line is many many years away.
Lack of Public Facilities, take a drive around International City and tell me how many shops you can find ( not counting Dragon Mart )
No Schools as promised in place. This would be an issue if you have children.
Lack of Parks, there is no allocated space, its a concrete jungle with the round abouts constituting the bulk of greenery.
There is a small man made lake which Nakheel say is home to 186 species of birds...take a drive down their and you can see mainly seagulls. Not sure where the other 185 species are hiding maybe its even too close to the Sewage Out let for the birds as well:D
There will be a future problem with lack of Parking Space once the complex becomes full. Huge oversight as when the shops are occupied downstairs in all the building's on the Ground floors there are NO PARKING SPACES available on the street side !
Maintanence Charges are ridiculously High for what is provided.
Construction will be ongoing for several years
Who Knows what will become of the planned Forbidden City in the center, its still an ugly pile of dirt with no sign of any construction taking place.
You now have many developers in Dubai offering more affordable housing along with more favorable purchase/ lending options so if you can wait out a few more years you could save your self considerable funds by looking at these options. ( Just up the road from International City you have Dubai Silicon Oasis and further up the massive Dubai Land Project )
Nakheel have not had a good track record in passing on timely and accurate information regarding handover of apartments in international city, just do a search on this web board to read the many legitimate complaints. Nakheel are trying to deal with these issues however they have bitten off more than they can chew and priority wise I.C. rates pretty low down the palm Tree as far as the Mega projects go. This would explain why when you visit the Nakheel Home page you see no mention Of I.C. until you click on the side web links.
Capital Gain from International City will improve once the project is fully completed.

Steer away from Discovery Gardens it is a flop.

You have to do your own home work and work out if the Positives out way the negatives and suit your budget , lifestyle objectives and goals when it comes to investing in an owner occupied apartment.

Good Luck.
Dude,

It's KingPin not King Ping, I have no IP address. I do agree with you though, there are bad sides to IC and they are due to bad planning. But once, it is completed, it should be a good place to live at the price. This could still take upto another five years though and the maintainance charges are a little on the greedy side. Also, I keep hearing conflicting information from all over. When I was originally marketed IC Spain, they told me it was next to the park, there is'nt one? I was also told there would not be a health club or swimming pool facilites, there is one?
They told me my apartment had a roof, it hasn't? :rolleyes:

S

stumbled

Some have said if you like karama and can live there then this is a possible karama part 2, with cheap shops,cheap shopping, cheap housing.........and no parking

W

wayneis

What Country are you talking about?
Where was the document signed
What was it signed for ?

If you have had this document from Dubai then I doubt that a MOU is even worth the paper it was signed on UNLESS you have had the document witnessed and registered with the Court of Dubai ( easy to do )

D

Digitalchaos

Which Cluster is closest to Sweage Plant ?

Hi...

I want to rent an appartment in IC, and I heard about the issue of the smell coming from the sweage treatment plant, and I wanted to know wuts the closest cluster to the plant so i can avoid it.

Thanks alot I appreciate any help :)

W

wayneis

Morocco is the closest. Use the search function and read up on this issue as there are several threads on the web board here that talk about this subject.

U

unsu

What about Italy? is it close or far away from sewage plant?

D

Digitalchaos

Very Very far........practically on the other side. Here I posted a pic. with the map of IC . you can see where is morroco and where is everyother cluster.

Shot at 2007-07-03

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ahadisallah

What is the safest way of money transaction while closing a deal?

Dear Friends,

I am coming in Dubai to sell my freehold property but I do not know the mode of money, I am supposed to accept while closing my deal?

Dubai is a place of smart people and people can rob me, if I do not do my things in the way they are supposed to be done!

Am I allowed to open my own account in one of Dubai banks, even if I am on my transit visa as I am not a resident of UAE?

Shall I accept a “pay order”, a “Draft”, a “cheque” or what?

I may be signing a sale deed and after I had signed in Nakheel office, the other guy would be sitting in the plane running out of Dubai with my money while I am left with a fake draft when I go bank to take the money?

I heard that before Nakheel office registration, dealers are getting the “Power of Attorney” from the freehold owners and giving the money to the owners, at the spot, while taking care of everything else by themselves.

This is great but I could end up in finding a bad guy?

Please advise and thanks over extending your helping hands

W

wayneis

Have a look at the satelite picture

Go have a look on google maps for a better orientation, the image data is not up to date however you will get a better idea how close Morocco is

W

wayneis

Advice

You are correct in being cautious as Dubai has lots of con men and women.
If you are dealing with a reputable Agent then this matter should be taken care of.

Once again if you are dealing with a reputable agency then “Power of Attorney” is part of the sale process here in Dubai. I would be wary of providing this to an unknown party for obvious reasons.

I had personal experience of a con man "Agent" on selling my 1 bedroom helping himself to an extra 15,000 Dhs at the expense of the buyer however he was caught out because of his greed.

Insist on a Bank Managers Cheque (as good as cash)
Contact the banks via web site or phone call for your answer to account set up.

Z

zombie

if you have an account in Dubai then only should you take a managers cheque, else insist on cash, getting cash from the bank takes the same amount of effort as a managers cheque, though you will need to count it well b4 you leave the table.

You should also take a couple of people you can trust with you. You never know.

Last edited:
P

Platinum

Can anyone help me

Hi All

I am looking for sales agents in Dubia, to help me sell our developments in Bulgaria to the Dubia market. If you are interested please let me know and we can discuss this - [email protected]

Cheers

C

careful

hi
contact sherwood properties. they deal with the international market all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.