Living in Egypt

How much does it cost for two to live well in Egypt?

• 300€ or less per month

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 400€ per month

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 500€ per month

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 600€ or more per month

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
M

M Butler

Hi l
Lyndsay,

Good idea. Measure up for evening dress one month and collect the next!!
There must be dressmakers and tailors in Hurghada 'cause that's how Egyptians (Cairo) do it.

cheers
Margaret

M

M Butler

Unfortunately nothing in Cairo is that straightforward. You can get a taxi from the airport straight to City Star Mall and you could easily spend a whole day and not get round it all (unless you are a bloke) but you have to know where to go for the outlet shops. I would not recommend that you just turn up at the fabric markets. It can be a bit daunting at first but great fun. The best shops to buy linens and bedding are not in the shopping malls as they can be quite expensive. I will need to start collecting business cards from the shops that we use in Cairo.

cheers,
Margaret

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi l
Lyndsay,

Good idea. Measure up for evening dress one month and collect the next!!
There must be dressmakers and tailors in Hurghada 'cause that's how Egyptians (Cairo) do it.

cheers
Margaret
Hi Margaret
No we don't have dressmakers in Hurghada and even in cairo most of us now don't do this we buy ready cloths from shops ;)

N

noushkey

Not sure where to put this thread but I know someone who bought a small safe and asked the builders to concrete it into the wall behind the wardrobe during the construction which I think is an excellent idea.

Any way we can get the builders to do this on the Pearl Vista and any others than have not yet been built?

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
studio apartments

hi are there any cheap studio apts nearly at completion stage .. just requiring final finishing??

i have aquired a bit of cash today.. there seems to be nowt in hurghada

a reputable agent has prev negotiated sizeable discount on other things on my behalf .. wonder if anyone could do the same??

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Gas

Hi all,
Can someone please tell me where I can get my empty gas cylinder filled. I was given a new one when I purchased (through the builder) a gas cooker and was told I have to stop the gas lorry when it visits! As there is a very good chance that I will miss said gas lorry, is there a place I can take the cylinder?
Also, can I buy a second cylinder, how much should I be paying?

Ta

A

Anna78

Hi all,
Can someone please tell me where I can get my empty gas cylinder filled. I was given a new one when I purchased (through the builder) a gas cooker and was told I have to stop the gas lorry when it visits! As there is a very good chance that I will miss said gas lorry, is there a place I can take the cylinder?

Ta
You can buy a new cyclinder from most electrical appliance shops and you shouldn't be paying more than 250LE. You'll get a shiny new bottle and then the first time you need a refill they'll swap it for a tatty old battered one! The gas station is on the outer ring road towards Makadi, near the army training camp and it costs 10LE for a refill. It's always hard to give precise addresses and directions for things here so I hope you find it.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi all,

Ta
hello
the servcepeoplpe at your building should do this for you, and any way there is cars moving around hurghada where you can exchange your empty one with another filled one

L

Lsab

Hi all,

Ta
Like I said, John and Kate, - I was sure someone would have a better answer for you :D

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Like I said, John and Kate, - I was sure someone would have a better answer for you :D
And so quickly too:D
Fantastic site, thanks for all your help thus far........I'm sure we will need more help as time goes by. I'm sure at some point it will be us offering help and we will be glad to do so.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
And so quickly too:D
Fantastic site, thanks for all your help thus far........I'm sure we will need more help as time goes by. I'm sure at some point it will be us offering help and we will be glad to do so.
hello
you welcome any time

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noushkey

Safe

So nobody interested in the safe idea then, just me? :(

I will contact the developer and see if they can be of any help or maybe write it into my contract if I can.

L

Lsab

I thought it was a good idea :) You might not have had any replies but it doesn't mean others aren't going for it. It's too early for me as the development I'm buying on is still at the sand stage!!!

N

noushkey

So is mine, latest pictures show sand and not much else for miles around, looks like bliss to me! Nearly bought in DP2 but it was too built up for me so decided to go a bit further out so it means a taxi into town at night until the area gets more developed.

L

Lsab

From what I've read, by the time our appartments are ready, the whole area will be much more developed. We've got ages to get to the excitement stage though :)

queenie40something

queenie40something

From what I've read, by the time our appartments are ready, the whole area will be much more developed. We've got ages to get to the excitement stage though :)
My excitement stage comes and go LOL. I have thought about having a safe put in but need to research this. I would prefer to get one that is concealed in the floor. EG built into the floor of the wardrobe - less space etc as well.
Along the lines of these Floor Safes

What do you think??

N

noushkey

The first one is a good price, definately would go for something like that.

I'm at the paying out for Solicitor's stage at the moment and hoping I've gone with the right one and fully understand the cost implications! Read the Propertastic book on buying in Hurghada and it all sounded so easy, but in reality...... maybe not!!!

Should all be worth it once we all have a place in the sun.....

queenie40something

queenie40something

Only prob is that we havent got floorboards and the floors are concrete so we wouldnt be able to go for that option. Im sure they will be a fraction of the cost in Egypt.

George - can you advise if it is possible to get these type of floor safes that can be put into a concrete floor. If so costs etc - thanks.