Living in Egypt

How much does it cost for two to live well in Egypt?

• 300€ or less per month

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 400€ per month

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 500€ per month

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 600€ or more per month

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
L

lisac

Is this included??? with the flat or you should pay every day you go to use it?
ive also thought of this problem but then ive related back to my holiday in spain , 8 euros for a umbrella, and two sunbeds for the day now just the same over here but with the use of a pool and bar as well, and nice toilets what i will say is that there seems to be still some open public beaches left between the hotels but there is nothing on them and there not perfect but u could always take your own folding sunbed and food ,and set a trend but most of the appt's have their own pool, how many of us have been away and stayed around the pool or a nice tan can be got off the roof"" what is needed badly over there more to the point i think are english news papers OH SO MISSED THEM, would be nice if anybody can shed light on this!!!can you get them,could some one not set up as paperboy!!!you know find a way, sharm has them !! and first of all i paid £3.00 for the daily mail, but after getting wise paid £1.50 when insharm flew over to hurghada and loved it much more but that was the one thing i missed about sharm, but compared to a sunbed, towell and umbrella for £2.50aprox the beach is good value

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
ive also thought of this problem but then ive related back to my holiday in spain , 8 euros for a umbrella, and two sunbeds for the day now just the same over here but with the use of a pool and bar as well, and nice toilets what i will say is that there seems to be still some open public beaches left between the hotels but there is nothing on them and there not perfect but u could always take your own folding sunbed and food ,and set a trend but most of the appt's have their own pool, how many of us have been away and stayed around the pool or a nice tan can be got off the roof"" what is needed badly over there more to the point i think are english news papers OH SO MISSED THEM, would be nice if anybody can shed light on this!!!can you get them,could some one not set up as paperboy!!!you know find a way, sharm has them !! and first of all i paid £3.00 for the daily mail, but after getting wise paid £1.50 when insharm flew over to hurghada and loved it much more but that was the one thing i missed about sharm, but compared to a sunbed, towell and umbrella for £2.50aprox the beach is good value
why don't you just buyin a project with private beach?

L

Lila

How does schooling work on the red sea - is it all private? If so, what sort of cost is it and how does the quality of education compare to the UK? My son is 3 and while I was originally looking for an investment, having now visited I am coming round to the idea of leaving the UK. But have to make sure that my son can still get decent schooling when it's time for him to start in about a year. Also are there any good nurseries?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
How does schooling work on the red sea - is it all private? If so, what sort of cost is it and how does the quality of education compare to the UK? My son is 3 and while I was originally looking for an investment, having now visited I am coming round to the idea of leaving the UK. But have to make sure that my son can still get decent schooling when it's time for him to start in about a year. Also are there any good nurseries?
hello
you can find all information you need about schools on following thread

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/6913-schools-egypt.html

G

gonnabelivingthedream

HAving spoken to a friend of mine who is Egyptian, it appears that if you import a car, you pay the cost of the car again for import tax, something to do with them preferring that you contribute to the economy rather than bring your own car in, could be totally wrong - but with taxis being so cheap why buy a car, just rent one when you need it ha ha !!!

S

scooby21

We have looked into importing a car and it just wasnt worth it I believe you can buy brand new from approx £7000GBP maybe not the style of car you would have got in UK maybe hyundi or daewoo but still a new car if you want but it wont stay new looking for long !

L

lyndsay552

Has anyone come across a launderette in Hurghada? Preferably around the area of Regency Towers.

Thanks

Lyndsay

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Why bother with a launderette Lyndsay? Laundries are ridiculously cheap; your washing and ironing comes back the same day and the cost is minimal. When we were in the Hor Palace a bag full of washing including at least 10 shirts and a couple of pairs of trousers cost about 20 LE!

L

lyndsay552

But how would you go about that if you where staying in an apartment?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I guess we will just have to find out where the laundries are and take it in; there is a laundry in Mubarak 2 but I just asked at my hotel reception (Marlin Inn on the Esplanade) and they said you can just bring your laundry to the hotel in the morning and it will be back the same day. Its a bit more expensive than the Hor Palace but shirts are beautifully ironed and come back on hangers inside a plastic cover. Cost for 10 shirts, trousers, pant socks etc about 60 Egyptian.

L

lyndsay552

It would be good if I could get the same service, rather than having to take the items in, wait for them to finish, put them in tumble dryer, wait again and then iron them. Definately worth paying someone to do it for you if thats how cheap it works out.

Another wee job to add to my list of things to do when we are over. lol

Lyndsay

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
It would be good if I could get the same service, rather than having to take the items in, wait for them to finish, put them in tumble dryer, wait again and then iron them. Definately worth paying someone to do it for you if thats how cheap it works out.

Another wee job to add to my list of things to do when we are over. lol

Lyndsay
Hello Lydsay there is many laundries around you in El Kawther just you don't take it on the same day you take it after 2 days not the next day :) and costs are realy cheap

L

lyndsay552

Hi George,

Do you mean that you leave your washing with them and then collect it again 2 days later?

Thanks

Lyndsay

L

Lsab

It's probably the same as here Lyndsay - not a laundrette and not a dry cleaners (though they'll do that too). Drop off all your stuff to be washed - including sheets and towels - and pick it up a couple of days later. We're lucky here that they'll do it same day if you take it in early enough and they'll deliver it back. Probably do there too. It's dirt cheap here and probably even less there!!

L

lyndsay552

Sounds like it'll be quite straight forward. I got a lot of laundry done when I was in Thailand and it came back smelling lovely. Also they could vacuum pack it for you if you wanted and we came home with all our clothes washed and ironed.

Thanks for the info.

L

lisac

newspapers hurghada

Anyone Have Any News On Newspapers Are Wondering What Iam Gonna Read When Laying On The Beach,if No English Papers Are There Any Egyptian News Papers That Are Printed In English Or Mags For That Matter,please !!!!!!!!:)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Anyone Have Any News On Newspapers Are Wondering What Iam Gonna Read When Laying On The Beach,if No English Papers Are There Any Egyptian News Papers That Are Printed In English Or Mags For That Matter,please !!!!!!!!:)
Hello there is many newspapers and magazines written in English language

L

lisac

Hello there is many newspapers and magazines written in English language
brill!!!! could u tell me where or what shop,only ive not seen any papers or news shop ,asked in hotel and loads of german ducth etc, but said only english now and again, did see an arab oil/.political paper ,just looked a bit heavy reading, all info greatly recieved!!! thanks

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
brill!!!! could u tell me where or what shop,only ive not seen any papers or news shop ,asked in hotel and loads of german ducth etc, but said only english now and again, did see an arab oil/.political paper ,just looked a bit heavy reading, all info greatly recieved!!! thanks
you ca find it at Al Ahram Book Shop you can even subscripe and it come to your house ;)