Living in Egypt

How much does it cost for two to live well in Egypt?

• 300€ or less per month

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 400€ per month

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 500€ per month

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 600€ or more per month

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
G

GM43

Banned
there is an Ahram bookshop located in the Esplanada mall and one at the roundabout in Dahar.

ScottyMac

ScottyMac

Thanks george,

Also im not really sure where to post this question but are people bothering with Jabs? I think Hep A and Typhoid are reccomended but im not sure of the risk? Just wanted to know if other people have bothered with them or not?

Cheers

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi no jabs are compulsory but the following are advisable, up to date tetanus, diphtheria, polio, typhoid & hep A.

I must admit that I have had all mine and they are up to date. If you do not have the recommended jabs any insurance claim could be invalidated.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi no jabs are compulsory but the following are advisable, up to date tetanus, diphtheria, polio, typhoid & hep A.

I must admit that I have had all mine and they are up to date. If you do not have the recommended jabs any insurance claim could be invalidated.
I don't know whta the meaning of jab i looked it up you mean different diseases?

L

Lsab

It's a term we use instead of vaccination George. The jab is the needle.:eek:

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi George - sorry keep forgetting about the language barrier and our lingo ( talk ) is different to yours LOL. Yes some may be afraid of needles but I would be more afraid of getting any of the diseases. The injections arent too bad and the only one that made my arm sore for a couple of days was the Hep A - I need to get a booster ( within 6m of the 1st injection ) and I believe I will be covered against Hep A for 25 years.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi George - sorry keep forgetting about the language barrier and our lingo ( talk ) is different to yours LOL. Yes some may be afraid of needles but I would be more afraid of getting any of the diseases. The injections arent too bad and the only one that made my arm sore for a couple of days was the Hep A - I need to get a booster ( within 6m of the 1st injection ) and I believe I will be covered against Hep A for 25 years.
Good for you :) but don't worry too much such diseases not Existed anymore in Egyt but as you say you should be careful

ScottyMac

ScottyMac

Its not the needles im scared off. Im self employed so its the day off work unpaid that worrys me :p

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Its not the needles im scared off. Im self employed so its the day off work unpaid that worrys me :p
We all same Scotty I run my own business if I don't work i don't earn money :( we need vacation here :)

B

BECKER EDMEE

Hi
I intend to buy a flat in Sharm and the real estate agency suggested to transfer the money into their account. In my country the notary receives the money,
Can you inform me about the safest procedures?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi
I intend to buy a flat in Sharm and the real estate agency suggested to transfer the money into their account. In my country the notary receives the money,
Dear Becker,
You Should Never Ever Ever do this like this you will have no gurantee and most probably might lose the money, you should transfer the money to an esrew account or to the developer direct and if so you should have your contract and your lawyer tell you that this is ok, then you pay the money
I can tell you agents don't involve themselves in moeny issue
I never do this

L

Lsab

Agree 100% with Realestate. Something very dodgy about an agent who tells you to pay the money into his account. Do you have a lawyer advising you on the correct procedure? If not you really need to get one. May I ask on which development you're hoping to buy?

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi
Hi and welcome to the forum. I transferred my monies to my agent in Sharm via Natwest Bank and had no problems at all. The funds safely reached their account within 5 days.

There are now quite a few forum members buying in Sharm. I have amongst others bought in Nabq, Sharm. Where are you looking to buy?

Regards

Alison

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Scotty - our practice nurse has appointments up to 18.30pm. Might be worth checking out your GP times. It really is worth having them done. It could cause you alot less heartache and money!

L

Lsab

Would you say that it was common practise to pay monies directly to an agent Alison? I'd worry about it myself.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Would you say that it was common practise to pay monies directly to an agent Alison? I'd worry about it myself.
Hi Linda - I thought it be would be safe to pay it via my bank. Our agent is the only one selling our particular development. I had previously spoken to Zeiad who had assured me it was completely safe to do this. The agent then forwards the monies to the developer. I have been in contact with quite a few on Sierra who have done the same with no problems. But I guess it comes down to the reputation of the Agent and Developer??

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi Linda - I thought it be would be safe to pay it via my bank. Our agent is the only one selling our particular development. I had previously spoken to Zeiad who had assured me it was completely safe to do this. The agent then forwards the monies to the developer. I have been in contact with quite a few on Sierra who have done the same with no problems. But I guess it comes down to the reputation of the Agent and Developer??
Hi Queenie may be you was lucky but I think transfer money to agent is not safe, you should send it to the developer direct why not? as well may be send it to your lawyer and he handle it for you if you trust your lawyer
i think you shouls be careful

B

BECKER EDMEE

Agree 100% with Realestate. Something very dodgy about an agent who tells you to pay the money into his account. Do you have a lawyer advising you on the correct procedure? If not you really need to get one. May I ask on which development you're hoping to buy?

I wanted to buy in Montazah -Dolphin vieuw, can you give me the name and address of a notary or lawyer or tell me how to search for one?